Spanish fort is about to play on ESPN

HSFBfan

11 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

Bixby solid.  Not surprised.

I tuned in after first two touchdowns but their RB looked good on the long run (obviously...just ripped off a big gain on a screen). Union has several guys that look the part physically but not converting that on the field. They do have some dogs on the d-line.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wooderson said:

I tuned in after first two touchdowns but their RB looked good on the long run (obviously...just ripped off a big gain on a screen). Union has several guys that look the part physically but not converting that on the field.

I've said it once and I'll say it again...Oklahoma is no longer just Jenks and Union. 👍

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

I've said it once and I'll say it again...Oklahoma is no longer just Jenks and Union. 👍

When they split up their 6A ranks few years back it seemed like it opened things up, though that might have just been a coincidence as Owasso, Bixby, and Broken Arrow had been closing in on the big two for a few years prior. The metro OKC schools are still an afterthought in the 6A ranks but Carl Albert is a mother in 5A.

RB gets another one for Bixby and we're at 27-0. Only thing in doubt now is the shutout.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I passed out 😵 in 2nd quarter.. it was that bad?

Basically...Spanish Fort was getting the yards but couldn't finish drives (fumble at the 1, missed FGs, etc).

St Paul wore them down near the end.

Spanish Fort QB needs a bit of work.  But he's a Soph.  He'll bounce back.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Wooderson said:

When they split up their 6A ranks few years back it seemed like it opened things up, though that might have just been a coincidence as Owasso, Bixby, and Broken Arrow had been closing in on the big two for a few years prior. The metro OKC schools are still an afterthought in the 6A ranks but Carl Albert is a mother in 5A.

RB gets another one for Bixby and we're at 27-0. Only thing in doubt now is the shutout.

So now you have two 6A titles?

How many teams are in each 6A class?

3 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

So now you have two 6A titles?

How many teams are in each 6A class?

Oklahoma has a 6A-1 and 6A-2 title, each with 16 teams apiece. Obviously divisions that small aren't ideal but the previous 6A model that had 4000+ student Union and Broken Arrow playing for the same title as schools with less than 1300 kids. Bixby does play Jenks annually and gets both of the traditional Oklahoma Big Two (though Owasso and Broken Arrow have usurped those schools in 6A-1 past couple seasons) this year.

• Like 1