Georgia 6A/7A Semi-Final Top Games......Who wins!!??

SWD-1985

Mill Creek vs. Grayson..............Is Grayson as advertised?  Most say yes.  Will MC slay the all-starred beasts?; or is this just practice for a Grayson team enroute to winning State?  Can MC stop Jam?  He is fast and slithery.  His ball skills are very very good.  What about D'Angelo, Taylor, Dixon, Chase.......I could go on and on.  This team has depth on top of depth.  How do you stop that?  How does MC stop that?  Was Grayson that good last week, or was Colquitt not what we expected?  No one puts a running clock on the Packers; but then again, Grayson is not a regular team.  Some may say they are the public-version-of IMG.  Maybe that is what will inspire Mill Creek to play eons above their expected levels.  The unthinkable can happen.  Never say never!

Roswell vs. Westlake.................Gotta have something to prove if you're Westlake.  Roswell recruited away Westlake's 2015 starting QB a year after they recruited away Lovejoy's 2014 starting QB.  Without those recruits, it's safe to say Roswell is a little better than pedestrian.   Word is they are already spying Cartersville's very good backup QB for next year.  Roswell has had an easy regular season walk and an even easier playoff trek.  Can Westlake be the first team to really challenge them in the playoffs?  Will the Westlake players be motivated to show their homeboy he made a mistake?  Or, will Roswell be inspired to show that, one-game-at-a-time, they are going after what they missed out on last year and do what no one else in the playoffs has done yet....beat Westlake?

Northside-Warner Robbins vs. Tucker.........Two of the perennially hardest hitting programs in all of  Georgia.  They have only met 3X, but each occasion came with the excitement of a rivalry of the highest level.   These teams look eerily equal once again, but NSWR leads the series 2-1 and this is the first time they are playing on Tucker's soil.  Their defenses are among the stingiest in the state (any level) with Tucker leading 6A in offense and defense this year.  Will any of that matter Friday night?  I for one don't think so.  Can Tucker stop, Tobias Oliver?  He can sling it and he can run with it.  Question is, can he outrun a program historically known for jaw-jarring hits and lightning speed on defense?  Can NSWR afford for Tobias to get hit more than once in this one?  I think they need him to finish the game if they wish to win.  Can NSWR have success against Tucker's junior O-line and Broadwater.   Broadwater runs to contact and never falls in reverse.  Both teams will have to go to their air game early as the run is going to be problematic for both in the first half.  The best conditioned team with the least injured players in the 4th quarter wins this one.

Valdosta vs. Dalton....................History says Valdosta; but when have we seen "History" written on the back of a high school player's jersey?  History means nothing to any of these players in any of these games.  Fans may dwell on it and Valdosta may walk in with the edge because of it; but Dalton isn't planning on playing second fiddle.  Does Dalton have a chance?  I heard that today one of their starting WRs was busted for "smokes" and he was joined by a backup WR.  Will that matter to Dalton?  I think so.  Word is he is their leading receiver.  Should Dosta feel cocky?   I wouldn't.  Next man up is what the game of football is all about.  What does Dalton need to do to beat Dosta?  Slow the game down, or speed it up?  Maybe Dalton has little to fear.  Maybe the long ride wears the Dosta team out.  Maybe we shouldn't be saying "Maybe".

• Like 1

Mill Creek vs. Grayson

After a sluggish start, breaking in a new coach and players from all across the metro area, Grayson is as advertised.

Colquitt was not as good as they have been over the past couple of years, so if we were expecting them to be as good as they were over the past couple of seasons, no, they weren't what you thought. I will say this, the Grayson defense is a monster and you are just not going to run on them consistently, so QB play is of the utmost importance. The Colquitt QB never got the hang of changing the trajectory of his passes to compensate for his height disadvantage the same way as Chase Parrish was able to in his time here, so a lot of passes were batted down in the AHP game early in the year, and Grayson managed the same exact defensive activity against Jay which created a turnover and several drives that never got going. No one is stopping Taylor and Williams. The best you can hope for is containing them enough to allow your own offense to keep up.

Mill Creek will need their A+ game to stop Grayson, or they could be facing a similar exit as last year.

Pulling for Mill Creek for sure. 

Roswell vs. Westlake

I think Roswell may stroll into the playoffs through the side door, taking the easiest path of anyone this season.

Don't get me wrong, Roswell has a talented team, but, they aren't on a level with Grayson and Mill Creek right now imo.

I'll be pulling for Westlake simply because of the fist bump from Coach Ford to his player after the player just drew a taunting penalty in the endzone. 

Northside-Warner Robins vs. Tucker

NSWR  reminds me of a Camden county from the Herron era. You just don't play them and come away without bruises. I agree with your assessment that it could be an all out war and the team with the most warriors left standing may win. I think I'll take Tucker in this one, just going off of my limited knowledge having saw Tucker first hand and watched the Valdosta/NSWR game stream. 

Valdosta vs. Dalton

I would have taken Valdosta to win over Dalton even before getting the news you just shared about the receivers getting in trouble. Maybe not in a blowout, but Valdosta is on a mission and playing at a different level when they are on. 

A Valdosta vs Tucker final would be some must see tv.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, SWD-1985 said:

Mill Creek vs. Grayson..............Is Grayson as advertised?  Most say yes.  Will MC slay the all-starred beasts?; or is this just practice for a Grayson team enroute to winning State?  Can MC stop Jam?  He is fast and slithery.  His ball skills are very very good.  What about D'Angelo, Taylor, Dixon, Chase.......I could go on and on.  This team has depth on top of depth.  How do you stop that?  How does MC stop that?  Was Grayson that good last week, or was Colquitt not what we expected?  No one puts a running clock on the Packers; but then again, Grayson is not a regular team.  Some may say they are the public-version-of IMG.  Maybe that is what will inspire Mill Creek to play eons above their expected levels.  The unthinkable can happen.  Never say never!

Roswell vs. Westlake.................Gotta have something to prove if you're Westlake.  Roswell recruited away Westlake's 2015 starting QB a year after they recruited away Lovejoy's 2014 starting QB.  Without those recruits, it's safe to say Roswell is a little better than pedestrian.   Word is they are already spying Cartersville's very good backup QB for next year.  Roswell has had an easy regular season walk and an even easier playoff trek.  Can Westlake be the first team to really challenge them in the playoffs?  Will the Westlake players be motivated to show their homeboy he made a mistake?  Or, will Roswell be inspired to show that, one-game-at-a-time, they are going after what they missed out on last year and do what no one else in the playoffs has done yet....beat Westlake?

Northside-Warner Robbins vs. Tucker.........Two of the perennially hardest hitting programs in all of  Georgia.  They have only met 3X, but each occasion came with the excitement of a rivalry of the highest level.   These teams look eerily equal once again, but NSWR leads the series 2-1 and this is the first time they are playing on Tucker's soil.  Their defenses are among the stingiest in the state (any level) with Tucker leading 6A in offense and defense this year.  Will any of that matter Friday night?  I for one don't think so.  Can Tucker stop, Tobias Oliver?  He can sling it and he can run with it.  Question is, can he outrun a program historically known for jaw-jarring hits and lightning speed on defense?  Can NSWR afford for Tobias to get hit more than once in this one?  I think they need him to finish the game if they wish to win.  Can NSWR have success against Tucker's junior O-line and Broadwater.   Broadwater runs to contact and never falls in reverse.  Both teams will have to go to their air game early as the run is going to be problematic for both in the first half.  The best conditioned team with the least injured players in the 4th quarter wins this one.

Valdosta vs. Dalton....................History says Valdosta; but when have we seen "History" written on the back of a high school player's jersey?  History means nothing to any of these players in any of these games.  Fans may dwell on it and Valdosta may walk in with the edge because of it; but Dalton isn't planning on playing second fiddle.  Does Dalton have a chance?  I heard that today one of their starting WRs was busted for "smokes" and he was joined by a backup WR.  Will that matter to Dalton?  I think so.  Word is he is their leading receiver.  Should Dosta feel cocky?   I wouldn't.  Next man up is what the game of football is all about.  What does Dalton need to do to beat Dosta?  Slow the game down, or speed it up?  Maybe Dalton has little to fear.  Maybe the long ride wears the Dosta team out.  Maybe we shouldn't be saying "Maybe".

You tell me? There are probably fifteen four and five star athletes in the metro area!!!(population 6,000,000) And Grayson has FIVE of those!

Yeah, throw the record out of the window.  I do have Tucker in this one simply because I think they will be the better team.......you will win your $$.
All of the 3 games played were very very close.  None by more than 3 points.  Matter of fact, the last two (split by both) ended with scores with time expiring.

Not just because I'm a Tucker fan, because I'm a NSWR fan too; but still the most exciting HS football games I've watched have been between these two teams. 

Both travel very well.  Both love to tailgate and the fans get along very well.  I was told tonight by a Tucker dad famous for his grilling that he hoped to set up by noon, but the college security next to the stadium informed him that he had to wait for 2pm.  For Tucker Stephenson scrimmages and games, Hallford usually sees 14,000+ fans.  It is expected that that this game will easily eclipse that.  Bought my tickets today because it is predicted that the game will sell out before game time.  Thank God it is not televised.  Commercials absolutely kill momentum and I know once the hits start and the crowd gets hyped, this thing is going to be Bananas!