Georgia Preseason Top 25 Rankings

ngdawg

21 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

"Colquitt could well be a top 5 threat this season"

Well...of course they could..but not in preseason.  Just to echo what you posted....

1.  We have no QB with varsity game experience of any magnitude.

2.  We have to replace one of the best RBs in the state from graduation (signed with Georgia).

3.  One of our best WRs transferred out to Valdosta.

4.  Our O-Line....Lord Have Mercy Jesus Help Us.

5.  Our LBers our small..albeit quite quick.

6.  Our D-Line is solid...but can't afford a stubbed toe.

7.  Our Arnett Hybrid Grits supply has been curtailed due to COVID.

8.  Three of our first 4 games in 2020 will be against two defending State Champions and the BEST High School Football Team ever assembled.

When I say...not in preseason...I mean...NOT IN PRESEASON.

Oh Woe Is Us !!!!

Rufus>>

Can't argue with much of this at all. We're on a struggle. xD

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Can't argue with much of this at all. We're on a struggle. xD

Still got the Brockington brothers and two great CBs though. Not bad. Replacing offensive talent may be the issue.

Talk about North Gwinnett: we don't have our great QB, RB, TE, entire offensive line, or WR returning. Our 4-star CB sat out too. We're also screwed too. And we have less talent than Colquitt.

50 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Still got the Brockington brothers and two great CBs though. Not bad. Replacing offensive talent may be the issue.

Talk about North Gwinnett: we don't have our great QB, RB, TE, entire offensive line, or WR returning. Our 4-star CB sat out too. We're also screwed too. And we have less talent than Colquitt.

Shh. 

Nobody knows about the brothers. 

Also, if I were to make a ranking right now, due to the pandemic and lost time in spring and 7v7 season,teams with returning starting qbs should be weighted a bit heavier, and teams with returning senior starting qbs even heavier still. Big advantage this season to have returning qbs. 

31 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Carrollton way too low. North Gwinnett (considering what they lost) is way too high. Carrollton is loaded.....even with their 5 star qb transferring to Pace Academy. 

I was thinking the same. The reason I ranked North Gwinnett relatively high (like I did with Colquitt) is because I feel like they are well-coached and won't fall apart even when they don't have the best of players. We still have a 3-star WR and a 4-start LB. Carrolton isn't bad, and I was a little confused on where to rank them. At that point, I looked at how they played last year and ranked them based on how well they would perform with teams around their ranking. That led me to rank them where they are now. 

7 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Shh. 

Also, if I were to make a ranking right now, due to the pandemic and lost time in spring and 7v7 season,teams with returning starting qbs should be weighted a bit heavier, and teams with returning senior starting qbs even heavier still. Big advantage this season to have returning qbs. 

Very true. For that reason alone, this season could be one of the most interesting in recent memory. I'm surprised that there isn't a lot of chatter about Westlake. They arguably have more talent than Grayson. However, I don't think they'll be better than a few 7A teams.

1 hour ago, ngdawg said:

Very true. For that reason alone, this season could be one of the most interesting in recent memory. I'm surprised that there isn't a lot of chatter about Westlake. They arguably have more talent than Grayson. However, I don't think they'll be better than a few 7A teams.

I'm just glad Colquitt doesn't hafta play them

Oh Wait.....Game 2.

1.  Marietta

2.  Westlake

3.  Cedar Grove

4.  Valdosta

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

I'm just glad Colquitt doesn't hafta play them

Oh Wait.....Game 2.

1.  Marietta

2.  Westlake

3.  Cedar Grove

4.  Valdosta

Rufus>>

Have fun! Nothing makes me happier than seeing Colquitt do bad. Colquitt vs. Westlake is one of my most underrated games of the year. Should be fun!

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Shh. 

There is NO doubt that teams with returning QBs have a distinct advantage over the teams who are bringing new talent to the field.  Especially this year.

Hopefully...if we can get some reps from our stable of young QBs...Lemeke Brockington will be able to showcase his tremendous talent.  Of course...a lot will depend on pass blocking.   And from what I've heard...we'll just run RBs till we give out of legs.

But...I do think we'll show up when and where we're supposed to.

Rufus>>

15 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Anybody who ranks Colquitt in their Top Ten...should be banned.

And to be honest...Parkview could very well be the best team in Georgia this year.

For the preseason...put Colquitt in around 12-13.

Maybe

Rufus>>

Those underclassman are gonna surprise you 

3 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

"Colquitt could well be a top 5 threat this season"

Well...of course they could..but not in preseason.  Just to echo what you posted....

1.  We have no QB with varsity game experience of any magnitude.

2.  We have to replace one of the best RBs in the state from graduation (signed with Georgia).

3.  One of our best WRs transferred out to Valdosta.

4.  Our O-Line....Lord Have Mercy Jesus Help Us.

5.  Our LBers our small..albeit quite quick.

6.  Our D-Line is solid...but can't afford a stubbed toe.

7.  Our Arnett Hybrid Grits supply has been curtailed due to COVID.

8.  Three of our first 4 games in 2020 will be against two defending State Champions and the BEST High School Football Team ever assembled.

When I say...not in preseason...I mean...NOT IN PRESEASON.

Oh Woe Is Us !!!!

Rufus>>

Ain’t nobody tryna hear that shit Rufus! You want woe?!? I’ll give you woe!

1. We have no QB with any meaningful Varsity experience!

2. We have to replace one of the states best RBs (back up Troy)!

3. We lost the highest rated TE in the history of the free world (LSU), along with WRs (Mich St and Boston College) and one of the top rated QBs In America last year (Tennessee)!

4. Our OL May be the smallest in the state, not just 7A!

5. Our DL May be the smallest in the state, not just 7A!

6. We lost 19 starters. Rab said we had 16 replacements coming from the Sunshine State but as of 8/12/20 not one has arrived! 

7. We’ve never had a nutrition program for football, however I purchased two 12lb dumbbells from Play it Again Sports and donated them to the program. 

8. We open with the greatest team of the decade in jawja (and maybe the free world) along with mceachern, brookwood, camden co and parkview! 2019 LSU and the 85 Bears weren’t available! 

Woe?!? WOE!!! Whoa?!? WHOA!!!

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

3. We lost the highest rated TE in the history of the free world (LSU), along with WRs (Mich St and Boston College) and one of the top rated QBs In America last year (Tennessee)!

6. We lost 19 starters. Rab said we had 16 replacements coming from the Sunshine State but as of 8/12/20 not one has arrived! 

7. We’ve never had a nutrition program for football, however I purchased two 12lb dumbbells from Play it Again Sports and donated them to the program. 

8. We open with the greatest team of the decade in jawja (and maybe the free world) along with mceachern, brookwood, camden co and parkview! 2019 LSU and the 85 Bears weren’t available! 

I rest my case about North Gwinnett. Still, it sucks when talent is concentrated on only a few teams. Grayson, Westlake, Valdosta, etc. are hogging all the good players. Share the sugar!

4 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

I'd definitely worry about Parkview.

OMacG told me that so far...for the 2020 season...the Injuns had 43 players...of which 40 lived within the correct district...(Big Smile).  I saw where you play the Bluecats in Kingsland.  Leave early from Marietta cause it's 5 hours in light traffic.  And ifin ya stop in Savannah...you'll never get there...LOL.  Don't know much about Brookwood this year...except they'll be "godly".

Now about your first game...play golf and enjoy the day...cause that night could very well be a yawner.  The Packer Touchdown Club President said he didn't know if Colquitt was even gonna put tickets on sale at the complex.  Hell...he went on to say that we might cancel Homecoming....

I ain't saying things is bad.....uh wait....

Rufus>>

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

OMacG told me that so far...for the 2020 season...the Injuns had 43 players...of which 40 lived within the correct district...(Big Smile).  I saw where you play the Bluecats in Kingsland.  Leave early from Marietta cause it's 5 hours in light traffic.  And ifin ya stop in Savannah...you'll never get there...LOL.  Don't know much about Brookwood this year...except they'll be "godly".

Now about your first game...play golf and enjoy the day...cause that night could very well be a yawner.  The Packer Touchdown Club President said he didn't know if Colquitt was even gonna put tickets on sale at the complex.  Hell...he went on to say that we might cancel Homecoming....

Rufus>>

Our first home game of the year is Parkview. With a 25-game home winning streak on the line. Possibly on ESPN.

Disaster.

2 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Rufus>>

Well parkview is out for revenge, so there’s that. I saw frenchy at the golf course and he said he thinks he has one game of eligibility left and he’s circled Marietta. I laughed, but in Gwinnett it’s anything goes!

I got it on good knowledge that mceachern  ain’t never had a kid that didn’t live in their boundaries. Never ever never! And that “43” number you heard was just their senior class, not the team. Consider your source! 

I don’t know that we’ll get to go to Camden because the boy will probably have a game the next morning, but we’ll play it by ear. Went to jekyl last November and I know it’s close. Great trip to jekyl. On the way back just me and Baby Sweets and we had “the talk”. When mama asked how it went I told her, “Great! I learned a lot!”

Brookwood is challenging LSU for the DBU moniker this year, so we may not throw a pass that game.

That first game worries me the most. I ain’t seen the HS team practice once so I have zero idea how they look. I saw Coach Morgan at a few MS practices and heard he was looking for some eighth graders to play on the lines, but I don’t now that to be true. Somebody from your side said your lines were small too, so the game may be akin to midget wrestling from a size standpoint. 

While I’d like to win them all, an 0-5 preseason is a very real possibility. And frankly I can live with that, so long as the kids are ready to go come region time. 

1 hour ago, Sweetlarry said:

Well parkview is out for revenge, so there’s that. I saw frenchy at the golf course and he said he thinks he has one game of eligibility left and he’s circled Marietta. I laughed, but in Gwinnett it’s anything goes!

I got it on good knowledge that mceachern  ain’t never had a kid that didn’t live in their boundaries. Never ever never! And that “43” number you heard was just their senior class, not the team. Consider your source! 

I don’t know that we’ll get to go to Camden because the boy will probably have a game the next morning, but we’ll play it by ear. Went to jekyl last November and I know it’s close. Great trip to jekyl. On the way back just me and Baby Sweets and we had “the talk”. When mama asked how it went I told her, “Great! I learned a lot!”

Brookwood is challenging LSU for the DBU moniker this year, so we may not throw a pass that game.

That first game worries me the most. I ain’t seen the HS team practice once so I have zero idea how they look. I saw Coach Morgan at a few MS practices and heard he was looking for some eighth graders to play on the lines, but I don’t now that to be true. Somebody from your side said your lines were small too, so the game may be akin to midget wrestling from a size standpoint. 

While I’d like to win them all, an 0-5 preseason is a very real possibility. And frankly I can live with that, so long as the kids are ready to go come region time. 

We just take our O-Line to the farmer's market...weigh them all at one time...and divide by 5.  Cause that's all we got.   It's pretty much the same for the D-Line too.   I was hoping we'd add a few pounds to both sides before September 4th...but HawgGoneIt has fallen down on the job.   Well...it ain't exactly his fault...but he's convenient...(Smile).    It's usually not a good sign when your FG kicker is your biggest player.

But we been down this road before...so we ain't exactly virgins.  Your comment about the 0-5 didn't go unnoticed by me.  When it comes down to it...I realize you wanna win every game...but like Lord Jim Hughes once said..."the non-region games are to get you ready to play the ones that count".

Amen and Amen....

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

We just take our O-Line to the farmer's market...weigh them all at one time...and divide by 5.  Cause that's all we got.   It's pretty much the same for the D-Line too.   I was hoping we'd add a few pounds to both sides before September 4th...but HawgGoneIt has fallen down on the job.   Well...it ain't exactly his fault...but he's convenient...(Smile).    It's usually not a good sign when your FG kicker is your biggest player.

But we been down this road before...so we ain't exactly virgins.  Your comment about the 0-5 didn't go unnoticed by me.  When it comes down to it...I realize you wanna win every game...but like Lord Jim Hughes once said..."the non-region games are to get you ready to play the ones that count".

Amen and Amen....

Rufus>>

Well Jim ain’t no friend of mine, mind you, but what he said was gospel. Next time I see a championship won before region starts will be the first.

I guess there IS a first time for everything. 

10 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Amen and Amen....

Rufus>>

Just blame it on me. xD 

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

Amen and Amen....

Rufus>>

Ryan Fitzgerald? Isn't he at Florida State or something?

Just now, ngdawg said:

Dang. Any idea on who they'll rematch with? Maybe Grayson?

Have no idea at this point. I think we are somewhat concerned that a trend could be starting like the NCAA is seeing. There are a few games we have with schools in fairly close proximity to Rockdale and Cherokee counties. 

Dougherty County in swga has postponed their fall season as well. 

I don't think anyone really knows what to expect right now. Probably be a messy season. 

• Thanks 1