Georgia Preseason Top 25 Rankings

ngdawg

12 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Here's my top 25 preseason rankings. Any feedback (good or bad) would be appreciated and I'd be more than happy to discuss where I ranked these teams and why.

top 25.PNG

I like the movement with Camden County but what convinced you to rank them higher in this poll then they were in the 7a poll you did?

3 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

I like the movement with Camden County but what convinced you to rank them higher in this poll then they were in the 7a poll you did?

I had quite a bit of movement from my previous 7A poll. Camden used to be mediocre, going back 4 years or so. Since they got head coach Bob Sphire (who turned North Gwinnett into a Georgia power from 2006 to 2016 I believe), Camden has grown better. After having only 3 wins under Sphire in 2017, they went up to 7 in 2018 and 8 in 2019. Camden doesn't have an easy schedule for the upcoming season, but they have talented players (3 and 4-stars) along with a resurgent head coach. I don't think Camden will have more than 7 wins this year, but I think they are a good team that should be higher than others on the list.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Lol @Sweetlarry not looking too good for all this year

I'm not too high on Marietta for next year. There's a lot of uncertainty surrounding how good they'll be, so I placed them a little lower than many expect to be safe. I think that they are around an Archer or Harrison-level team, so I placed them there.

26 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Anybody who ranks Colquitt in their Top Ten...should be banned.

And to be honest...Parkview could very well be the best team in Georgia this year.

For the preseason...put Colquitt in around 12-13.

Maybe

Rufus>>

Your sandbagging was funny when it was fresh, now it's just overplayed 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Anybody who ranks Colquitt in their Top Ten...should be banned.

And to be honest...Parkview could very well be the best team in Georgia this year.

For the preseason...put Colquitt in around 12-13.

Maybe

Rufus>>

Let's be honest here: Colquitt is a top 10 every year. And this year will be no different. Even if they lose to Lowndes and Valdosta, they'll still be a threat during playoffs. And somehow, you'll find a way to come across us in the playoffs and beat us soundly.

Just now, ngdawg said:

Let's be honest here: Colquitt is a top 10 every year. And this year will be no different. Even if they lose to Lowndes and Valdosta, they'll still be a threat during playoffs. And somehow, you'll find a way to come across us in the playoffs and beat us soundly.

Based on what?  Look at the packers before and after rush was there, how do you know their going to be a threat when the Goat is no longer coach there

Just now, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Based on what?  Look at the packers before and after rush was there, how do you know their going to be a threat when the Goat is no longer coach there

Last year. They had Rogers last year and not exactly the state's best team talent-wise. I still they can get it done. Easily top 10 for me, but maybe I could put them below Buford. Still would beat North Gwinnett.

Colquitt could well be a top 5 threat this season. Very unproven at qb, a little bigger on the O-line from last year but still undersized there with an inexperienced side of the line as well. Thin on defense but solid talent and speed wise. Just not deep in some positions there. 

I don't see how you can't start them in the top 10, but, I wouldn't argue a lot if someone had them outside the top 5 at this point, even though I don't think a lot of the other teams being ranked would beat them. 

13 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Colquitt could well be a top 5 threat this season. Very unproven at qb, a little bigger on the O-line from last year but still undersized there with an inexperienced side of the line as well. Thin on defense but solid talent and speed wise. Just not deep in some positions there. 

I don't see how you can't start them in the top 10, but, I wouldn't argue a lot if someone had them outside the top 5 at this point, even though I don't think a lot of the other teams being ranked would beat them. 

I’m curious to see them in person. Your undersized is my dream line. For all of the fat people (I’ll include myself here) in Marietta we don’t have a lot of big HS kids. And it’s not like there are a bunch of 280lb kids wandering the hallways that aren’t playing. We don’t have a Finch in the school. 

The few cc people I communicate with say cc will be decent, but not a threat in their eyes because of their coaching staff. I don’t know. 

Sounding like Marietta vs cc will be the battle of inexperienced and undersized overachievers! 

26 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

I’m curious to see them in person. Your undersized is my dream line. For all of the fat people (I’ll include myself here) in Marietta we don’t have a lot of big HS kids. And it’s not like there are a bunch of 280lb kids wandering the hallways that aren’t playing. We don’t have a Finch in the school. 

The few cc people I communicate with say cc will be decent, but not a threat in their eyes because of their coaching staff. I don’t know. 

Sounding like Marietta vs cc will be the battle of inexperienced and undersized overachievers! 

I think a lot of people are down about coaching due to all that happened, and, I do think we took a step back in that area from what we had for the last decade, but, I'm not as pessimistic as some about it. There has been some change in  overall culture, but it's yet to be seen how that affects the program long term. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think a lot of people are down about coaching due to all that happened, and, I do think we took a step back in that area from what we had for the last decade, but, I'm not as pessimistic as some about it. There has been some change in  overall culture, but it's yet to be seen how that affects the program long term. 

Colquitt is the most successful high school football program in Georgia of the last decade. I highly doubt that they will drop out of the top 10 this year.

1. Brookwood has some ballers on their team this year. Interested to see how they do.

2. Interested to see how Marietta bounces back with the loss of that senior class.

3. Really wanna see how Grayson comes together after the guys they've received.

4. I hear Milton is loaded this year. Interesting to see how they pans out.

5. Keep on hearing how Lowndes is supposed to be better than last year even tho they lost they entire o-line and some key guys on defense. So yeah, I gotta see this for myself. 

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

"Colquitt could well be a top 5 threat this season"

Well...of course they could..but not in preseason.  Just to echo what you posted....

1.  We have no QB with varsity game experience of any magnitude.

2.  We have to replace one of the best RBs in the state from graduation (signed with Georgia).

3.  One of our best WRs transferred out to Valdosta.

4.  Our O-Line....Lord Have Mercy Jesus Help Us.

5.  Our LBers our small..albeit quite quick.

6.  Our D-Line is solid...but can't afford a stubbed toe.

7.  Our Arnett Hybrid Grits supply has been curtailed due to COVID.

8.  Three of our first 4 games in 2020 will be against two defending State Champions and the BEST High School Football Team ever assembled.

When I say...not in preseason...I mean...NOT IN PRESEASON.

Oh Woe Is Us !!!!

Rufus>>

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

But let's not make it seem like colquitt didn't have a lot of talent on their team last year. I mean, has colquitt always had the best talent on their teams throughout the 2010s? 

They haven't. But they've still had success. That's why I still have them in my top 5. I was thinking about putting them below Buford though, so I'm a little iffy on their rank. Higher than North Gwinnett, though.