I hope this puts the NCAA out of business.

HooverOutlaw

1 minute ago, The Guru said:

This is the language of ignorance and stupidity.

The modern day sheep are bozos like HooverOutlaw who just spout cliches.

Literally every words that he's posted on this topic is a cliche that could've been written by Ed O'Bannon himself.

YOU HAVEN'T POSTED ANY FACTS TO BEGIN WITH!

YOUR OPINIONS ARE OPINIONS, NOT FACTS!!!!!

HOW STUPID CAN YOU POSSIBLY BE

29 minutes ago, Fred said:

Do you know what a 4 or these days more likely a 5 year degree program costs at a good school?  I do.  I just paid for a computer science degree with a minor in aeronautical engineering at GA Tech for my child.  It pushes and exceeds 6 figures.  That's pretty good pay for the work involved and doesn't take into account the stipend many athletes get for pocket money.  The larger schools put a lot into making sure their scholar athletes succeed. I know a Grayson player that did not move to the NFL that played for GA Tech and came out of there with a bachelor's degree in business and master's level work.  That set him up for financial success for life if he continues to work at it.

It is no different than any other job.  You sign a contract, you agreed to abide by the rules of the contract/job.  In exchange, the school provides you with an education and degree that should help you provide for yourself for the remainder of your life.  If you don't take advantage of it then shame on you.

Yes, you pay more for Tech, Purdue et al. 

Those are at the upper end. 

bgw

17 minutes ago, Fred said:

You keep ignoring the fact that the NCAA *IS* the schools themselves.  The schools control what the NCAA does.

You see, these muppets don't actually know anything so they just appeal to other things to try to cover for themselves.

One of them actually just claimed that the NCAA is different than the GHSAA when in fact they are the exact same thing.

🤡

• Thumbs Down 1

16 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Yes this right here

The NCAA is an enforcement agency, they aren't the colleges like the moron Los keeps claiming

And in terms of enforcement their investigations have come into question because they have been seen to use anything they can to go after schools even while taking the most shady route (like the investigation into Miami and using the lawyer of a ponzi schemer to get dirt on a program)

And that clown Emmett can pretend to know nothing about it but he is nothing but a wannabe politician, they just backtracked because they got caught red handed and had to do damage control

Sigh...  You missed it.  The NCAA *IS* the colleges and universities that belong to it.  No schools, no NCAA. It does not exist in a vacuum.

1 minute ago, The Guru said:

You see, these muppets don't actually know anything so they just appeal to other things to try to cover for themselves.

One of them actually just claimed that the NCAA is different than the GHSAA when in fact they are the exact same thing.

🤡

EITHER POST SOME EVIDENCE OR SHUT THE FUCK UP

ALL YOU HAVE DONE IS POST OPINION AFTER OPINION AND CLAIM IT AS FACTS WHILE BULLSHITING EVERYONE INTO THINKING THAT YOUR THE ONLY ONE POSTING FACTS

YOU HAVEN'T PRODUCED A DAMN THING 

21 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

I am asking you a simple question. How much do you pay people? Doesn’t everyone get paid? Why? Why not? What about basketball, where most schools don’t generate enough revenue to keep there program afloat. Baseball? Fuggedaboutit! All women’s sports? ABCya! Pretty much CFB and that’s it. Everybody else takes their ball and literally goes home. 

I answered that, I have not given much thought except NCAA is poor mouthing their economic position whereas Emmert is pulling down 4 million to do a poor job and lax oversight of title 9. Kinda like your bullshit line, and yet buildings are going up and coaches getting huge checks. 

bgw

1 minute ago, Fred said:

Sigh...  You missed it.  The NCAA *IS* the colleges and universities that belong to it.  No schools, no NCAA. It does not exist in a vacuum.

They are members of the NCAA that don't make them THE NCAA

The NCAA is an rule enforcement agency, they are not the individual colleges 

Mark Emmett is not currently the head of any school so how is he the head of the COLLEGE like Los keeps claiming the NCAA is 

13 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

That's exactly what he's claiming but hasn't posted a shred of proof to back it up

Just his "opinion" even though he was never a coach or player at the college level nor does he work for the NCAA

He knows nothing

I'll make it easy for you.  (Aren't you a college student?  Don't you know how to look things up?)

https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/ncaa-101/what-ncaa

• Haha 1

I like the case of North Carolina players in many sports being given degrees for classes they did not even have an idea they existed till after the fact. Even went on under overrated Dean Smith. 

Alabama had to vacate games in the middle 2000's over players giving girls text books.  Vacating games over swapping books for pussy is insanity. But that's the NCAA. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

They are members of the NCAA that don't make them THE NCAA

The NCAA is an rule enforcement agency, they are not the individual colleges 

Mark Emmett is not currently the head of any school so how is he the head of the COLLEGE like Los keeps claiming the NCAA is 

I'm a member of 2 different banks does that mean I own a part of each bank. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, HooverOutlaw said:

I'm a member of 2 different banks does that mean I own a part of each bank. 

No, because a bank is a private business.

See my credit union example above.

Credit Unions are nonprofit.

I'm a member of a credit union. I "own" a part of it.

I receive a dividend every year.

You're an idiot.

• Thumbs Down 2