I hope this puts the NCAA out of business.

HooverOutlaw

6 hours ago, badrouter said:

The NCAA and the member institutions have gotten a bad rap. Yes, they can do more for players than they have. But, many should recognize what the schools can (and perhaps should) do: Simply stop giving athletic scholarships and fielding scholarship sports programs. Or, continue offering such scholarships, but only to those with grades and test scores (ok, I guess tests may be on their way out) that are in line with those who gain admission separate of athletic considerations. Players can be free to earn every single penny the free market will pay them...from someplace outside of the university. It won't take long to realize there is not much of a market for minor league sports, or that the number of players ready for the pros out of high school is very small. The deal now where tuition, room and board is covered-and then some- is not "nothing".

It's actually pretty simple.

If someone would take your place, and do it for free, then you can't form a union and you have no real argument regarding it being employment.

This is the case at thousands of colleges and universities across the country.

There are hundreds, probably thousands, of former high school football players walking every campus in this country that would play this game for free if given the opportunity.

Heck, dozens of players on each roster do that right now.

The slavery allegory is a disgrace and an embarrassment to anybody who uses it.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

44 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Haven’t the foggiest idea, salary and wage administration at the college level? Not really a concern to me but the “illusion” of a “free” education is one thing, the NCAA gaslighting the public into believing that the “allure” of amateur sports would be lost giving these athletes a fair shake, lost revenue to declining ticket sales.

So you claim, falsely, that they're employees.

Then you claim that the free education part is an illusion when it's not.

Then you wrongly claim that amateur sports wouldn't be lost if players were "paid", when it would be.

I'm waiting for you to say something accurate.

• Thumbs Down 2

10 minutes ago, The Guru said:

It's not a job and they're not employees.

Simple enough understanding of labor laws would clear this up for you.

You do not want any this smoke Andrew. 

It’s a year to year performance contract, with commitments within it. 

You’ve been doing real good, lately your behavior has crossed over into some pretty shitty territory. 

bgw

2 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

It’s a year to year performance contract, with commitments within it.

You've finally stumbled into a smidgen of truth here.

They did sign a contract.

One that refutes every other word that you've said on this topic.

Sorry.

Your take on this is not only stupid but irrational.

• Thumbs Down 2

5 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Then you wrongly claim that amateur sports wouldn't be lost if players were "paid", when it would be.

How about this for accuracy?

All conference with the likes of Karl Malone and Joe Dumars. 

Drafted, two camps and two years of professional experience in a minor league system. Assistant player coach there, and grad assistant at the college level. Well traveled certified trainer, Coaching the likes of Robert Horry and others. 

Had a kid graduate with a bachelors and a masters in a power 5 program while on athletic scholarship, so well versed in past and present day opportunities for college level ins and outs. 

What are your qualifications?

bgw

4 minutes ago, The Guru said:

You've finally stumbled into a smidgen of truth here.

They did sign a contract.

One that refutes every other word that you've said on this topic.

Sorry.

Your take on this is not only stupid but irrational.

Listen shithead, I brought you back from the dead and I can re bury your sorry ass. 

Do you want that smoke, Andrew?

bgw

14 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Furthermore Shit for Brains, the lost ticket revenue for paying athletes was the NCAA gaslighting with that position, might wanna to take up reading comprehension..... it’s fun. 

bgw

4 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Furthermore Shit for Brains, the lost ticket revenue for paying athletes was the NCAA gaslighting with that position, might wanna to take up reading comprehension..... it’s fun. 

If, say, the PAC-12 gave 50% of revenue to the players it wouldn't result in merely "lost ticket revenue" it would result in the ending of PAC-12 athletics as we know it.

It's impossible.

The demand was so stupid and tone deaf as to be laughable.

• Thumbs Down 2

8 hours ago, Gospeeder said:

H O

I would beg to differ in that the product they provide is entertainment of which we for the most part, buy into. March Madness and the bowl games along with the playoffs, make for riveting TV to many.

Now if what you are referring to is the fact the the kids only receive an education ( which is often questionable ), relative to the ridiculous amounts of money that the beneficiaries of the entity rake in ( not including jobs for vendors )... that's a discussion worth having.

Still it's the players providing the entertainment not the NCAA itself.

1 hour ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Haven’t the foggiest idea, salary and wage administration at the college level? Not really a concern to me but the “illusion” of a “free” education is one thing, the NCAA gaslighting the public into believing that the “allure” of amateur sports would be lost giving these athletes a fair shake, lost revenue to declining ticket sales. 

Pro sports have the biggest farm system and don’t have to pay a fucking dime, except baseball they have a farm system. 

bgw

Cmon Bro. Don’t float out all this bullshit if you don’t have a solution for it. 

Nobody is being gaslighted. I was a college athlete and I believe you were too. I never once thought I should be paid for my participation. Hell, I didn’t even have a full ride. Baseball, at the time, I believe only had 11 full scholarships that were divvied out amongst the whole team. 

Here’s how this works. Start giving these football players cash and you eliminate thousands of other teams made up of kids whose sports are revenue generating. Kiss most CBB programs huh-bye because they can’t sustain off of their revenue.Then what? Who pays for these kids? So now you have literally hundreds of thousands of kids who are without a sport, without a scholarship and without anybody to go to bat for them. 

How do you pay kids? How much? Should #85 schollie kid get the same as Jeaux and his Heisman? What about the star RB? 4th string LB? 

Gimme some answers

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Cmon Bro. Don’t float out all this bullshit if you don’t have a solution for it. 

Nobody is being gaslighted. I was a college athlete and I believe you were too. I never once thought I should be paid for my participation. Hell, I didn’t even have a full ride. Baseball, at the time, I believe only had 11 full scholarships that were divvied out amongst the whole team. 

Here’s how this works. Start giving these football players cash and you eliminate thousands of other teams made up of kids whose sports are revenue generating. Kiss most CBB programs huh-bye because they can’t sustain off of their revenue.Then what? Who pays for these kids? So now you have literally hundreds of thousands of kids who are without a sport, without a scholarship and without anybody to go to bat for them. 

How do you pay kids? How much? Should #85 schollie kid get the same as Jeaux and his Heisman? What about the star RB? 4th string LB? 

Gimme some answers

To start with baseball having 11.7 scholarships is so NCAA. How about baseball giving out a round number with baseball giving out 25 total.  

Players and fans are sick of the NCAA and their crazy rules.  Players should be able to make money off their name.  If a well known player gets paid by a sports/card for doing an autograph signing how should that be illegal.  But by NCAA rules it is illegal and if caught the player is suspended.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesportster.com/college-basketball/rules-ncaa-basketball-players-have-to-follow/amp/

Students in law school get paid all the time by the firm they going to work for. 

42 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

To start with baseball having 11.7 scholarships is so NCAA. How about baseball giving out a round number with baseball giving out 25 total.  

Players and fans are sick of the NCAA and their crazy rules.  Players should be able to make money off their name.  If a well known player gets paid by a sports/card for doing an autograph signing how should that be illegal.  But by NCAA rules it is illegal and if caught the player is suspended.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesportster.com/college-basketball/rules-ncaa-basketball-players-have-to-follow/amp/

Students in law school get paid all the time by the firm they going to work for. 

Where is all the money for these scholarships Gonna come from? There isn’t some money tree to go and grab a bunch of Benjamin’s off of to pay for this shit.

And paying kids for card shows? All that is doing is opening up kids to the highest bidder. At that point they’re pros. 

1 hour ago, Sweetlarry said:

Gimme some answers

Evolve Homeslice,

https://deadspin.com/the-ncaa-is-gaslighting-you-1829716653

bgw

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sweetlarry said:

Gimme some answers

Sorry to hear you weren't full ride, hopefully you got some full price pussy for your "part-time" BMOC efforts.

Hahahaha.

bgw

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Where is all the money for these scholarships Gonna come from? There isn’t some money tree to go and grab a bunch of Benjamin’s off of to pay for this shit.

And paying kids for card shows? All that is doing is opening up kids to the highest bidder. At that point they’re pros. 

Most just think college sports need a new organization besides the NCAA.  I actually think each conference should handle it's own business like it was before 1948. The SEC already has the highest tv ratings.

What is the difference in a guy like Joe Burrow doing a signing while in college and now in the pros.