Jake

MTP28

Nobody much would be fussing about transfers to Valdosta if it weren't for all the Rush haters out there. 

Strange times this year with the pandemic and all.

I think people that have kids that already are pretty much guaranteed a college scholarship moving and spending small fortunes to knock kids out of a spot that don't necessarily have scholarships yet is shitty though. Actually it's really shitty. It's proof that money will buy you almost anything if they have the money to move for a season just to play football. It leaves the less fortunate screwed, which I do understand is nothing really new but is being amplified this year. 

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Nobody much would be fussing about transfers to Valdosta if it weren't for all the Rush haters out there. 

I think people that have kids that already are pretty much guaranteed a college scholarship moving and spending small fortunes to knock kids out of a spot that don't necessarily have scholarships yet is shitty though. Actually it's really shitty. It's proof that money will buy you almost anything if they have the money to move for a season just to play football. It leaves the less fortunate screwed, which I do understand is nothing really new but is being amplified this year. 

While you and I agree that this is true the vast majority of folks do not get this . Maybe because we are from rural areas and from a different era. Point is players today are not content with just working hard and being humble for their gifts. You previously mentioned that if this continues at Valdosta it will eventually kill the program. This program was based on the development of all its players who with hard work gained playing time and memories that last a lift time. Rush is a great motivator and coach but honestly his model is the polar opposite of the Wildcat program I remember as a boy. Things change!

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

You summoned me?

• Haha 1