Florida Preseason Rankings

Columbiafan

30 minutes ago, Trixter said:

IMG should be #1 in FL. 

I don't rank independents in any state polls, besides most years they aren't the best team in Florida

They may be this year only because they have taken advantage of a pandemic to steal players from states not playing football or are uncertain to play football

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

I don't rank independents in any state polls, besides most years they aren't the best team in Florida

They may be this year only because they have taken advantage of a pandemic to steal players from states not playing football or are uncertain to play football

I don't like IMG but if we were to include them into the FL rankings they would be contending for the #1 spot most years.   They'd be in the debate is what I'm saying.   (at least since 2016)

14 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

@954gator did you check out the rankings?

Yeah I did.   I agree with @MC Rockets though and would have to put MNW above Central.   I agree with you a bit though on MC being the team you would "trust" more (esp OOS), but I think you gotta respect the streak they've been on in Miami. 

Other than that the questions I'd have for you (since I haven't done the research) are these...

-Oakleaf and Bartram Trail?   They bringing something extra this year?

- Curious why Gibbons over AHP and Chaminade? 

- Lakeland and Trinity Christian.... gotta think that there will be some reloading there to drop that low?   I mean Lakeland below Auburndale?   

-Lastly were you drunk putting STA #1?   Your account hacked or some shit?  😂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Yeah I did.   I agree with @MC Rockets though and would have to put MNW above Central.   I agree with you a bit though on MC being the team you would "trust" more (esp OOS), but I think you gotta respect the streak they've been on in Miami. 

Other than that the questions I'd have for you (since I haven't done the research) are these...

- Lakeland and Trinity Christian.... gotta think that there will be some reloading there to drop that low?   I mean Lakeland below Auburndale?   

Oakleaf and Bartram have the best QBs in North Florida (based on what I've seen with them) 

Bartram always seems to be a threat when they have a good QB and this one is a good one 

Oakleaf like I said on page one has been getting transfers from other schools (mostly Duval County) so they should be in good shape and along with Bartram are biggest threats in 8a 1 

Cardinal Gibbons, AHP and Chaminade are all very strong teams, I would favor AHP and CG over Chaminade if they faced head to head but Chaminade is favorite in 3a, they have had better teams in past few years but Chaminade until someone in 3a beats them deserves to be seen as the top dog of that class

With Cardinal Gibbons based on my source in SFL and just comparing their path I see Cardinal Gibbons as my personal favorite in 4a (and I could see AHP vs CG going either way if they played so I gave CG the nod because I could see them finishing further since AHP still has MNW in their path)

I have doubts that Lakeland can replace that RB who was a huge reason for their run the last 2 years and they have graduated a huge chunk of that team that won state 2 years ago, from who I've talked to in Polk County it sounds like Lake Gibson and Auburndale are the teams to watch, Auburndale secondary seems to be the biggest thing sparking buzz, speaking of secondary research Eau Gallie, could be a team really flying under the radar and have a very talented group in the Defensive backfield

TCA is talented but I'm still hesitant to throw them to the top just yet not only because they burned me deep with my high placement last year but also because I have a sneaky suspicion Trinity Catholic may be the team to beat in 3a 1, just look at their OL and they also had a solid RB and a QB who transfered in from Oak Hall out of Gainesville

Man I've told you countless times I don't hate STA, I just hate Los and I think sometimes you and golf overrate STA a bit by trying to make them sound on par with the STA teams from the three peat years (2014-2016) but regardless they are probably the safest number 1 pick for heading into the season as they bring back a good amount of talent and have picked up several transfers this off-season

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 954gator said:

Yeah man! You can't overlook a 5-1 record in the last six games between MC and MNW. Not to mention MNW has a two year starter at QB who made Maxpreps all-sophomore or freshman team, can't remember which one. MC is starting with a new QB once again, whom I don't even know who it will be. RB edge I give to MC with Daniels. WR, hell MNW has a freakin' track squad over there! Sh*t!!!! On defense it's a toss up, but Max Edwards is defensive guru. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 954gator said:

A couple of folks trying to posture themselves as "true experts" of Polk County, rather than Lakeland fans, have been pumping up other Polk teams the last couple of years. They've propped up Lake Wales, George Jenkins, Gibson, a bunch of teams. It's actually pretty amusing. LG and Auburndale look better than they've been in a while. It helps that perception that each of those teams' strengths lie in areas that are showcased in 7 on 7, all that's been played for the calendar year. But, Lakeland is way better than both in the trenches. They have several lineman who will be playing Power 5 football; the other two have none. Lakeland 2020 likely wouldn't have been better than #4 in a loaded 7A, but they'd still be the best in Polk County. And the 2021 team looks pretty well loaded. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, badrouter said:

A couple of folks trying to posture themselves as "true experts" of Polk County, rather than Lakeland fans, have been pumping up other Polk teams the last couple of years. They've propped up Lake Wales, George Jenkins, Gibson, a bunch of teams. It's actually pretty amusing. LG and Auburndale look better than they've been in a while. It helps that perception that each of those teams' strengths lie in areas that are showcased in 7 on 7, all that's been played for the calendar year. But, Lakeland is way better than both in the trenches. They have several lineman who will be playing Power 5 football; the other two have none. Lakeland 2020 likely wouldn't have been better than #4 in a loaded 7A, but they'd still be the best in Polk County. And the 2021 team looks pretty well loaded. 

I still don't see a replacement for Bowman 

I'm not sold that you can just plug any RB in there and be successful, until I see that Lakeland has someone to fill those shoes I have doubts 

43 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

I still don't see a replacement for Bowman 

I'm not sold that you can just plug any RB in there and be successful, until I see that Lakeland has someone to fill those shoes I have doubts 

They have never and probably will never have a RB as good as Bowman again, as we was a 5* recruit who was described as a "generational player" by Clemson's millionaire OC. So, your comment is uninteresting. 

Lakeland ALWAYS has, at worst, a pretty good RB. They can-and ALWAYS HAVE-been able to just plug another RB and have them produce. The replacement will be a kid who got a lot of carries each of the previous two seasons. Reggie Kellum averaged 17.4 ypc last year (yes, there is supposed to be a 1 in front of the 7 on that stat). He's got some FCS and MAC offers thus far. And they have a couple other kids (namely Zaire Davis) who've shown a good bit of promise as well. There will be a drop off at RB, but they'll still be better there than most teams.

I will add that I think Mason Martin can be an excellent HS QB who performs at a higher level than any QB they've had in many years. He's actually started six games, including a playoff game and a couple of road games.

As for the team as a whole, I won't repeat myself. See above.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MTP28 said:

Bullshit

St Thomas Aquinas

Flanagan

St Thomas Aquinas

Carol City 

AHP 

Miami Central (nearly beat them at IMG, would have been confident taking them neutral site as the officials wouldn't have hosed Central if it wasn't at IMG)

Lakeland

St Thomas Aquinas

St Thomas Aquinas

Miami Central

On 8/12/2020 at 11:59 PM, badrouter said:

They have never and probably will never have a RB as good as Bowman again, as we was a 5* recruit who was described as a "generational player" by Clemson's millionaire OC. So, your comment is uninteresting. 

Lakeland ALWAYS has, at worst, a pretty good RB. They can-and ALWAYS HAVE-been able to just plug another RB and have them produce. The replacement will be a kid who got a lot of carries each of the previous two seasons. Reggie Kellum averaged 17.4 ypc last year (yes, there is supposed to be a 1 in front of the 7 on that stat). He's got some FCS and MAC offers thus far. And they have a couple other kids (namely Zaire Davis) who've shown a good bit of promise as well. There will be a drop off at RB, but they'll still be better there than most teams.

I will add that I think Mason Martin can be an excellent HS QB who performs at a higher level than any QB they've had in many years. He's actually started six games, including a playoff game and a couple of road games.

As for the team as a whole, I won't repeat myself. See above.

Like I said on the Florida board since you clearly feel you know how to rank the teams better than me, go ahead and put out your poll 

It's easy to whine about other people's work when you hiding behind the "never post, never wrong approach" 

It doesn't make you an expert, it makes you scared; just like Los

At least when I criticize someone's work I'm not afraid to put mine out there but just like on the Florida board I'm the only damn poster who even has the guts to put his work out there, everyone else is too lazy or scared to even try and put their work against mine