Not Again...

ngdawg

1 hour ago, concha said:

The cop arrested and restrained a dangerous man who was high on drugs, had been waving a gun around and who tried to flee arrest.

The weight of responsibility for this situation is overwhelmingly on the side of the idiot who died.

Done arguing with naive, ignorant and stupid takes on this.

You say that for anyone who doesn't agree with you. You just assume that anybody who doesn't believe exactly what you believe is wrong. That's not how the world works, and I'd expect someone like you to know that.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

We can both bet that the same wouldn't have happened if you were a different skin color.

I can't say for sure, but probably not. I was driving an old, Cutlass Cruiser station wagon with about 200,000 miles on it, so to their eyes that may have looked suspicious. They probably felt I was a low level criminal. I explained I was coming from work as I had been at a venture capital firm the entire day. They did not seemed to believe me. I offered my work ID which I think they would recognize the company, but they did not seem to want any of it. It was a very scary experience. I was tired and kind of miserable as to get the project done on time I was working 12-15 hour days and had a hour and a half commute each way to the job and back home. 

When I got home the family was fast asleep. I broke out a bottle of some hard stuff (I normally don't drink hard liquor at home) as I needed to calm my nerves. I was still thinking about what nearly happened as I prepared for bed after 11 pm that night. 

1 minute ago, DarterBlue said:

I can't say for sure, but probably not. I was driving an old, Cutlass Cruiser station wagon with about 200,000 miles on it, so to their eyes that may have looked suspicious. They probably felt I was a low level criminal. I explained I was coming from work as I had been at a venture capital firm the entire day. They did not seemed to believe me. I offered my work ID which I think they would recognize the company, but they did not seem to want any of it. It was a very scary experience. I was tired and kind of miserable as to get the project done on time I was working 12-15 hour days and had a hour and a half commute each way to the job and back home. 

When I got home the family was fast asleep. I broke out a bottle of some hard stuff (I normally don't drink hard liquor at home) as I needed to calm my nerves. I was still thinking about what nearly happened as I prepared for bed after 11 pm that night. 

This is where it depends. If they think you were a criminal based on the car you drove, then I guess it's a moot point. But if it was because of your skin color, that's where it becomes unacceptable. We'll never know I guess.

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

Maybe people need to stop doing things that bring them in confrontation with the cops 

This falls in line with "If you've got nothing to hide then you've got nothing to fear" that shit don't work with the cops... 

But I'm not about to break my neck trying to get anything through your head....

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

This falls in line with "If you've got nothing to hide then you've got nothing to fear" that shit don't work with the cops... 

But I'm not about to break my neck trying to get anything through your head....

If u dont have anything to hide you literally don't have anything to fear 

If ur an upstanding citizen the cops will do absolutely nothing to you

• Thanks 1

Just now, ngdawg said:

How do you not know by now? Do you just choose to ignore all the bad parts of society that would even make you sick?

I unlike you dont look into every single issue. 

I have other things to do in my life than look into everyone who was killed by a cop. 

So no I don't know what happened 

7 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I unlike you dont look into every single issue. 

I have other things to do in my life than look into everyone who was killed by a cop. 

So no I don't know what happened 

She is the most, if not second-most talked about person today (in terms of cases). Here's what happened, as commonly told. Taylor was asleep with her boyfriend at home. The police at the time were executing a no-knock sweep of the house. They busted in and Taylor's boyfriend thought they were intruders. In self-defense, he shot back at the "intruders". The officers were in plain clothes. Taylor's boyfriend's weapon was legal. The officers returned fire and struck Breonna 8 times while shooting randomly. One of three officers stood outside the house and fired blindly into the house. Breonna, with no bad record, was killed.

1 minute ago, ngdawg said:

She is the most, if not second-most talked about person today (in terms of cases). Here's what happened, as commonly told. Taylor was asleep with her boyfriend at home. The police at the time were executing a no-knock sweep of the house. They busted in and Taylor's boyfriend thought they were intruders. In self-defense, he shot back at the "intruders". The officers were in plain clothes. Taylor's boyfriend's weapon was legal. The officers returned fire and struck Breonna 8 times while shooting randomly. One of three officers stood outside the house and fired blindly into the house. Breonna, with no bad record, was killed.

Well than who was bad? Who was the warrant for? Why was there a warrant? 

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Well than who was bad? Who was the warrant for? Why was there a warrant? 

Two guys were selling drugs supposedly at a house 10 miles away. Apparently it was seen that drugs were packaged and sent into Taylor's apartment. No drugs were found upon the search.

Also, the initial police report stated that Taylor had no injuries (even after she was shot 8 times). The report was found to be completely inaccurate.

Two guys were selling drugs supposedly at a house 10 miles away. Apparently it was seen that drugs were packaged and sent into Taylor's apartment. No drugs were found upon the search.

Also, the initial police report stated that Taylor had no injuries (even after she was shot 8 times). The report was found to be completely inaccurate.

So the warrant was issued based upon a witness saying drugs were in the house. Signed im guessing by a judge based on the info given to him by the cops 

Did the cops announce before busting into the house that they were cops? 

If so why the hell did the dude start shooting 

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

So the warrant was issued based upon a witness saying drugs were in the house. Signed im guessing by a judge based on the info given to him by the cops 

Did the cops announce before busting into the house that they were cops? 

If so why the hell did the dude start shooting 

The cops say they did, but none of the neighbors or the boyfriend said they heard it. On a 911 call after, Walker (the boyfriend) says "somebody kicked in the door and shot my girlfriend." He said he acted only in self-defense because of an intruder entering the house.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

The cops say they did, but none of the neighbors or the boyfriend said they heard it. On a 911 call after, Walker (the boyfriend) says "somebody kicked in the door and shot my girlfriend." He said he acted only in self-defense because of an intruder entering the house.

Sounds like he said he said 

Were the cops fired? Or what?

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Sounds like he said he said 

Were the cops fired? Or what?

I don't know if they've been fired, but none of them have been arrested. But the boyfriend was charged first-degree assault and attempted murder of a police officer (even though he acted in self-defense).

Just now, ngdawg said:

I don't know if they've been fired, but none of them have been arrested. But the boyfriend was charged first-degree assault and attempted murder of a police officer (even though he acted in self-defense).

He did shoot at the cops

So that is attempted murder 

Esp if they did announce that they were serving a warrant 

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

He did shoot at the cops

But we don't know that they did. Remember, they also filed a false police report after. They claimed that no one was hurt, when in fact Taylor was already dead from 8 gunshot wounds. So it's not that hard to see why lots of people don't trust those cops.

3 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

He did shoot at the cops

He didn't even know they were cops, as he implied vaguely on the 911 call. The officers weren't in uniform either. So how could he be charged with attempted murder of a police officer if he didn't even know he was a police officer?

But we don't know that they did. Remember, they also filed a false police report after. They claimed that no one was hurt, when in fact Taylor was already dead from 8 gunshot wounds. So it's not that hard to see why lots of people don't trust those cops.

I'm sure they will keep something for the false report 

But other than that gonna be very hard to prove the cop was wrong 

Just now, ngdawg said:

He didn't even know they were cops, as he implied vaguely on the 911 call. The officers weren't in uniform either. So how could he be charged with attempted murder of a police officer if he didn't even know he was a police officer?

you have heard of undercover cops or plain clothes cops right? 

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I'm sure they will keep something for the false report 

But other than that gonna be very hard to prove the cop was wrong 

The optics aren't good for the police officers, especially given the fake report. Also, no one else heard the officers say anything. This includes Walker, neighbors, and others on that street.

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Huh?? U were saying they were not in uniform not every cop wears a uniform 

Yeah. But it doesn't make it acceptable to press charges on Walker because he didn't know those were officers. Should have clarified that. There's the problem with self-defense.