Why don't they just put A FORK in high school football in 2020.

RedZone

Hell must have froze over, you finally had a good take 

Though in all honesty we know the NFL will try to have a season and they have the ability to isolate the players between games so they can probably pull it off

College and High School it's not possible because they are student athletes so they still have to be in class which removes the isolation approach between games, which makes it too risky 

• Haha 1

I've felt like a totally honest, strategic look at things COULD have allowed for something like an eight game season. Start in September and then allow for two weeks between each and every game, providing time for testing/tracing/isolating etc. Instead, what we've seen is denial and deference. Nobody wants to admit reality, or make any of the hard decisions. So, we have a mess. This figures to keep us from having what little bit of legitimate season we could have otherwise had.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, badrouter said:

I've felt like a totally honest, strategic look at things COULD have allowed for something like an eight game season. Start in September and then allow for two weeks between each and every game, providing time for testing/tracing/isolating etc. Instead, what we've seen is denial and deference. Nobody wants to admit reality, or make any of the hard decisions. So, we have a mess. This figures to keep us from having what little bit of legitimate season we could have otherwise had.

I'm even fine with a region only schedule at this point. I like the idea of a two-week break between games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ga96 said:

I don't think people realize that a lot of players only positive motivation in life is football. To cancel their season would turn a lot of kids on the wrong paths.

I could have said the same thing about the spring athletes

Will anyone explain how it's only football players who have hard lives and need sports as an outlet?? Oh wait nobody on here really gives a shit about the athletes in the first place, they only care about the athletes winning for their team 

2 hours ago, Ga96 said:

I don't think people realize that a lot of players only positive motivation in life is football. To cancel their season would turn a lot of kids on the wrong paths.

But, the answer in that case is to adjust their motives and provide more opportunities in other areas. Not to put everyone at greater risk by playing football.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, badrouter said:

But, the answer in that case is to adjust their motives and provide more opportunities in other areas. Not to put everyone at greater risk by playing football.

Yes but that's gonna take longer than a football season to change. That'll take a political shift a morality shift and a change in distribution of resources and money.

1 hour ago, badrouter said:

Sure. But, none of that justifies putting people in harm's way of the virus.

As far as the players go you would be putting a lot of them in harms way of other things like gang violence drugs stealing etc... Kids will lose hope for a good future and just go down the wrong path.

8 hours ago, Ga96 said:

38 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

As far as the players go you would be putting a lot of them in harms way of other things like gang violence drugs stealing etc... Kids will lose hope for a good future and just go down the wrong path.

What happens to these kids when they aren't part of the .0000000001% who make a living out of it? Does high school football just delay the inevitable? I hope not.

There are some great stories of athletes who make it and avoid a wrong path, but the majority who make it have always realized life is more important than football. Kids are resilient -- a few may blame bad decisions on not having a season, but most I think will adapt.

I would hate missing sports at that age, and feel for all involved, but I certainly don't think being influenced in making a decision on this by a few kids who might go down a wrong path makes sense.

6 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

What happens to these kids when they aren't part of the .0000000001% who make a living out of it? Does high school football just delay the inevitable? I hope not.

There are some great stories of athletes who make it and avoid a wrong path, but the majority who make it have always realized life is more important than football. Kids are resilient -- a few may blame bad decisions on not having a season, but most I think will adapt.

I would hate missing sports at that age, and feel for all involved, but I certainly don't think being influenced in making a decision on this by a few kids who might go down a wrong path makes sense.

Im talking about the high school level and them getting to college. What about the players that are gonna lose or miss out on scholarships or those that know this will be their last run. I think it should be up to the player and their parents if they want to play then let them but require mask. 

The states that have already canceled or pushed back the season have had players move out or just switching to 7 v 7 .

I wish things were better for kids to have limitless options but things aren't set up that way.