Valdosta picks up key QB transfer from So Cal

Sammyswordsman

On 8/6/2020 at 5:10 PM, HawgGoneIt said:

Some of this type stuff is also an issue. If both of those qbs had come up through the Valdosta system. I can see the argument about best vs. best and Yada Yada, but, both of these qbs moved there this friggen year right? So, now what about the local kids that were working through the system as qb. Etc 

It's a snowball. Eventually it leads to reduced participation. It's a culture change in the sport where kids get beat for the spot at one school and they move to another and another and another until they displace someone that has been coming through the ranks. 

It makes for a few great teams and a lot of not so much, and then interest and support starts waning. Then you have Jersey in Georgia. Some are excited about the short term but, I'm fearful for the long term health of the sport. 

We will end up like california which I don't want at all.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

I'm more worried about the part regarding private-dominated football teams. In that sense, I would not like Georgia to become like California.

Its unthinkable to those in cali and nj because that's what they are accustomed to they don't understand traditions or traditional high school football beliefs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

Its unthinkable to those in cali and nj because that's what they are accustomed to they don't understand traditions or traditional high school football beliefs.

Tradition and football beliefs? Your fucking kidding me right? U might be the dumbass of the century 

ur Head coach literally went out and poached a 5 star QB from California, u can’t be serious, I knew u were dumb but shit this is a whole new level of stupid 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

Yeah because we have never seen Publics dominate this state.Such an ignorant statement.Privates becoming dominant is relatively new.Have they been good of course but the complete dominance is new

19 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

Wrong. Everything at Mater Dei is about tradition and doing it for the guys that came before you. Assuming it’s the same for the Catholic powers in Jersey. 
& our coach is an MD alum. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2