Valdosta picks up key QB transfer from So Cal

Sammyswordsman

3 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

True, but Buford is highest in the state. Special breed of people go into teaching. 

Pays to teach at a school like Buford.... gotta teach, no slackers there. 

No portables either, Hoover is cut from same cloth; no?

bgw

Not portables at Hoover. Hoover pays more but probably not in the Buford level. Been 30 plus years since portables at Hoover at the old high school. 

• Like 1

Miami moves. He was a heavy lean to Miami before Bryce young decomitted from USC. The day after Bryce committed to Alabama Jake committed to USC. Miller moss recently committed to USC and could very well beat out Jake for the job at SC. Don’t be surprised to see a flip to Miami. Miami is much closer to him now and they’ve had  him at QB1 on the board from the jump. 

• Like 3

Just now, HurricaneNick said:

Miami moves. He was a heavy lean to Miami before Bryce young decomitted from USC. The day after Bryce committed to Alabama Jake committed to USC. Miller moss recently committed to USC and could very well beat out Jake for the job at SC. Don’t be surprised to see a flip to Miami. Miami is much closer to him now and they’ve had  him at QB1 on the board from the jump. 

In the article it said this kid was on his 4th high school. In California do you have to make a bonafide move into the district to play?

Just now, HooverOutlaw said:

In the article it said this kid was on his 4th high school. In California do you have to make a bonafide move into the district to play?

No, just a legal change of address. CIF allows athletes to transfer for athletic purposes as long as they move.  I do understand his situation though, he went to Long Beach Poly to play for Antonio Pierce but Antonio left his freshman year to coach at AZ st, he then transferred to Narbonne but they got popped for recruiting violations and were banned from the playoffs so he went to La Habra this spring but he never played a down for them. 

• Haha 1

I will say this....

first and foremost I hope my Packers kick the ever loving shit out of Valdosta this year. I don’t care who ya are ... I just can’t tolerate valdookie

Secondly I will say this after thinking through it this a smart move on Rush’s part. Those of us that are familiar with him and his playbook understand that there is no way he has time to install his entire offense this season it’s just not going to happen. His playbook has several volumes and his qb’s have a lot to absorb. So why not burn this year in that respect and give the guy in the wings some time to learn while you bring in a “hired gun” of sorts to hold down the fort this season. It gives a little breathing room to install what he wants starting next year... smart move ... very smart

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Ex Bergen Catholic DE Sager has just moved and enrolled at Grayson 

40 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Talk about culture shock from surf city to south Georgia.  Probably the first time he not be around plastic people.

Narbonne HS and Long Beach Poly aren't what you would call silk stocking schools.  While Poly has come up quite a bit in the last 10-15 years, both are far from rich kids HS's.

2 minutes ago, 94Packer said:

I will say this....

first and foremost I hope my Packers kick the ever loving shit out of Valdosta this year. I don’t care who ya are ... I just can’t tolerate valdookie

Secondly I will say this after thinking through it this a smart move on Rush’s part. Those of us that are familiar with him and his playbook understand that there is no way he has time to install his entire offense this season it’s just not going to happen. His playbook has several volumes and his qb’s have a lot to absorb. So why not burn this year in that respect and give the guy in the wings some time to learn while you bring in a “hired gun” of sorts to hold down the fort this season. It gives a little breathing room to install what he wants starting next year... smart move ... very smart

How much of a chance does Colquitt have this year? I remember their loss to Valdosta 50-49 last year, though, and that was without the new coach and players.

4 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Question is have these Colquitt kids actually moved to Valdosta if so how many and how much does it hurt Colquitt.

Idk about moving, and the only one that hurt much at all was Tajh Sanders. Having he and Lemeke on the outsides was an amazing pair of receivers. Capital AMAZING. 

I think we'll be alright. Always nervous with a first year qb, even a tall and big senior like the one we got. He looks good in practice and on film. 

I like the chances against Valdosta really. We just gotta get that O-line eating on some honey bun sammiches soon. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ga96 said:

@Sweetlarry you have the floor i told you if it happened i would keep the same energy of valdosta pulled in a top player even though he says his family in Atlanta told him about Valdosta. Talk your shit sir.

No need Bro. Acting as if this is a first is silly. 

He won’t be the last either. I’m sure folks down in your neck of the woods will justify it, but it is what it is.......according to y'all.

Cheating!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

No need Bro. Acting as if this is a first is silly. 

He won’t be the last either. I’m sure folks down in your neck of the woods will justify it, but it is what it is.......according to y'all.

Cheating!

They're recruiting far and wide now! The coach's first ever Valdosta tweet had to be taken down because it was so on the edge of legality of active athletic recruiting. 

All the way to SoCal for a qb. 

Cheating! 

xD

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

They're recruiting far and wide now! The coach's first ever Valdosta tweet had to be taken down because it was so on the edge of legality of active athletic recruiting. 

All the way to SoCal for a qb. 

Cheating! 

Next time you talk to propst (which I pray to God is soon), please bring this up.....how he managed to pull this one off. I'm pretty sure we'd like to know how this happened. 

• Haha 1