HawgGoneIt...

Rufus69

1 hour ago, ngdawg said:

@Sweetlarry I'm curious. How good do you think Marietta will be this year if the season proceeds as scheduled? I'm just trying to get a feel for each team and you seem to be the only Marietta fan on here.

I’m betting the future looks great. I heard a rumor that during the last school board meeting related to personal the board approved Two Admin. Secretary positions, one custodial position and a shop teachers position. 
Of course all the jobs will be vetted and the most qualified athlete uh excuse me person will be hired. Great times at Marietta High!!

• Haha 2

I'm glad they cancelled the preseason scrimmages in a way. Lee County was supposed to be out scrimmage game and announced two days ago that they had at least two players test positive per WALB sports. 

I'm still not sure what the season will look like. Probably messy with some teams having to shut down here and there and whatever. I reckon we are on the "gonna find out" train. 

2 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

@BUFORDGAWOLVES what’s this code for?

The GHSA had their meeting today with their orthopedic sports medicine advisory board after having the state health commissioner warn against playing contact sports, and, the ortho guys said carry on just no scrimmages. xD

So I think Rufus was being a little smart alecky about the decision, being money over safety,and at the same time being honest by saying scared money don't make money. Scared money is on the sidelines at tiny percent interest while the risktakers are making bank. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The GHSA had their meeting today with their orthopedic sports medicine advisory board after having the state health commissioner warn against playing contact sports, and, the ortho guys said carry on just no scrimmages. xD

So I think Rufus was being a little smart alecky about the decision, being money over safety,and at the same time being honest by saying scared money don't make money. Scared money is on the sidelines at tiny percent interest while the risktakers are making bank. 

So they say no scrimmages, but they allow games? How does that make sense? This likely means we'll see a little bit of sloppy play in the first week. And maybe some upsets!

8 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

So they say no scrimmages, but they allow games? How does that make sense? This likely means we'll see a little bit of sloppy play in the first week. And maybe some upsets!

Maybe I was mistaken about the scrimmages too. I guess they really didn't rule on them yet is how it's worded. 

https://www.onlineathens.com/sports/20200805/football-scrimmages-september-season-start-still-on-after-ghsa-meeting-with-health-experts

Hines added that the situation remains volatile, meaning the GHSA Board of Directors could vote at any time to shut down sports should they deem it necessary.

“There’s always the possibility given the current climate and the things that we’re up against for there needing to be changes to be made,” Hines said. “I’ll certainly take the evening (to consider possibilities) and there could be more coming in the morning. But I wouldn’t do anything without communicating with our board of trustees ahead of time.”

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Maybe I was mistaken about the scrimmages too. I guess they really didn't rule on them yet is how it's worded. 

https://www.onlineathens.com/sports/20200805/football-scrimmages-september-season-start-still-on-after-ghsa-meeting-with-health-experts

Hines added that the situation remains volatile, meaning the GHSA Board of Directors could vote at any time to shut down sports should they deem it necessary.

“There’s always the possibility given the current climate and the things that we’re up against for there needing to be changes to be made,” Hines said. “I’ll certainly take the evening (to consider possibilities) and there could be more coming in the morning. But I wouldn’t do anything without communicating with our board of trustees ahead of time.”

So basically the season can get shut down at any time. And Hines is basically saying what we all know, and that's that he won't make a decision without his board members knowing.

3 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

So basically the season can get shut down at any time. And Hines is basically saying what we all know, and that's that he won't make a decision without his board members knowing.

Apparently today was simply and advisory board with sports medicine guys and the state's chief medical official. I'm sure she elaborated to all the bone guys what her concerns were and they all advised Dr. Hines on what their opinions are, which he will mull over, and share with the board, who then should make a decision. At least that's how it sounded. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Apparently today was simply and advisory board with sports medicine guys and the state's chief medical official. I'm sure she elaborated to all the bone guys what her concerns were and they all advised Dr. Hines on what their opinions are, which he will mull over, and share with the board, who then should make a decision. At least that's how it sounded. 

So y’all have a full season playoffs and a state championship still? Just no scrimmages??

knock on wood

16 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

So y’all have a full season playoffs and a state championship still? Just no scrimmages??

knock on wood

Idk. Seems like they're inclined to possibly cancel scrimmages, I guess to buy another month to see how everything goes before really making a final decision on football. 

Just kind of kicking the can down the road basically. We've seen a few districts cancel theirs altogether without the GHSA making a decision. Kind of like we're seeing with college too. 

3 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Some South Georgia shit basically being scared and taking no action, thereby making no money....IDK... it being Rufus... no telling.

Hard to tell, unless said in person or the understanding the context.

bgw

3 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, MTP28 said:

I’m betting the future looks great. I heard a rumor that during the last school board meeting related to personal the board approved Two Admin. Secretary positions, one custodial position and a shop teachers position. 
Of course all the jobs will be vetted and the most qualified athlete uh excuse me person will be hired. Great times at Marietta High!!

Keep my name and school outta your syphilis dripping mouth you bum! 

Homegrown fraud! Gonna roll when dosta bludgeons the bi-queens!

1 hour ago, Sweetlarry said:

Keep my name and school outta your syphilis dripping mouth you bum! 

Homegrown fraud! Gonna roll when dosta bludgeons the bi-queens!

Kinda Nervous huh you little bitch, bout time for GHSA do get another BJ from you and Marietta. I always vote for South Georgia. Colquitt gonna embarrass you bitches. Click your heels together Dorthy cause the Mighty OZ is coming your way lol

• Haha 1