2015 Clemson vs 2017 UCF

ChimpGrip

29 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Which 4 teams in 2017 beat them?

Alabama

Georgia

LSU

Auburn

If they played any of those 4 in the regular they beat UCF. 

I know they beat an unmotivated and could less Auburn team in the Bowl game.  

UCF playing an SEC schedule would get beat down and probably on top those 4 teams they probably get a loss from a Miss State or South Carolina.

UCF did not have regular season win over a AP top 20 team in the final rankings. 

The next year they go 12-0 and LSU beat them pretty easy. LSU was about the 4th or 5th best team in the SEC that year.

They play in a B level conference and rarely play a top 10 team. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Alabama

Georgia

LSU

Auburn

UCF playing an SEC schedule would get beat down and probably on top those 4 teams they probably get a loss from a Miss State or South Carolina.

UCF did not have regular season win over a AP top 20 team in the final rankings. 

The next year they go 12-0 and LSU beat them pretty easy. LSU was about the 4th or 5th best team in the SEC that year.

Correct me if I'm wrong but they played the LSU game without their starting QB who was injured in the last game of regular season or conference championship?

And I don't give a damn if Auburn was unmotivated, that's their own fault so no they had their chance to beat UCF and lost 

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but they played the LSU game without their starting QB who was injured in the last game of regular season or conference championship?

And I don't give a damn if Auburn was unmotivated, that's their own fault so no they had their chance to beat UCF and lost 

LSU was missing a ton of starters

3 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Alabama

Georgia

LSU

Auburn

Dan Mullen had already left to coach at UF by then correct? If so then no way Mississippi State without Mullen beats UCF and South Carolina hasn't had any consistency since the old ball coached hanged up the visor to go golfing in Gainesville

Just now, ChimpGrip said:

LSU was missing a ton of starters

By choice if I recall correctly, players sitting out because they didn't care isn't the same as a player being injured 

One is by choice, one isn't

I file that same under the Auburn not caring the year before, if players sit out and the game is closer it's on the coaches for not properly motivating their team in my eyes 

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

If we are gonna bring up injuries Auburn had Kerryon Johnson who was not 100% for the game. 

In that bowl game LSU had 555 yards.

If we are gonna bring up injuries Auburn had Kerryon Johnson who was not 100% for the game. 

In that bowl game LSU had 555 yards.

I've heard conflicting stories 

Some said he was injured, others said he was coasting

So let's say he was Injured, what about the rest of the team, he didn't beat Alabama all on his own 

6 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Dan Mullen had already left to coach at UF by then correct? If so then no way Mississippi State without Mullen beats UCF and South Carolina hasn't had any consistency since the old ball coached hanged up the visor to go golfing in Gainesville

I'm talking regular season games only.

UCF played a 2nd tier bowl game Alabama had to beat Clemson then beat Georgia in Georgia. UCF is like a 2A champ who goes 15-0 wanting to play a 7A school when a 5-5 7A beats them easy. 

I'm talking regular season games only.

UCF played a 2nd tier bowl game Alabama had to beat Clemson then beat Georgia in Georgia. UCF is like a 2A champ who goes 15-0 wanting to play a 7A school when a 5-5 7A beats them easy. 

Any non Playoff bowl is considered 2nd tier now 

So only 2 games of all the initial bowl games are tier 1 

9 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

By choice if I recall correctly, players sitting out because they didn't care isn't the same as a player being injured 

I file that same under the Auburn not caring the year before, if players sit out and the game is closer it's on the coaches for not properly motivating their team in my eyes 

UCF playing Auburn is a big deal to UCF. Most Auburn players had never even heard of UCF till the bowl game.

Just now, HooverOutlaw said:

UCF playing Auburn is a big deal to UCF. Most Auburn players had never even heard of UCF till the bowl game.

Then that's Auburn fault for not doing a better job preparing for it, people can claim they didn't care but all that tells me is Auburn is poorly motivated and poorly coached 

No well coached team would ever be willing to go into a game and not want to win it IMO

Just now, Columbiafan said:

Then that's Auburn fault for not doing a better job preparing for it, people can claim they didn't care but all that tells me is Auburn is poorly motivated and poorly coached 

No well coached team would ever be willing to go into a game and not want to win it IMO

You damn right they are poorly coached I agree. Auburn is a roller coaster.  You should not win the national  title if your best win is over a 4 loss Auburn team in a bowl game. 

You damn right they are poorly coached I agree. Auburn is a roller coaster.  You should not win the national  title if your best win is over a 4 loss Auburn team in a bowl game. 

Again I'm not trying to make the argument for UCF being national champs 

Only that they deserve the credit for beating Auburn, it's not UCF fault or problem that Auburn phoned it in

Ucf not winning that matchup. People get confused thinking beating an SEC team in 1 game means you can handle the SEC. You have to battle through the SEC teams like Ucf and Clemson would not last through a full season on a year in year out basis. Clemson almost last to NC and will probably have their hands full again this year with them.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

10 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

Ucf not winning that matchup. People get confused thinking beating an SEC team in 1 game means you can handle the SEC. You have to battle through the SEC teams like Ucf and Clemson would not last through a full season on a year in year out basis. Clemson almost last to NC and will probably have their hands full again this year with them.

And this shows how little you know about football you incompetent quack 

Clemson is built on paper to rival Alabama, they would blast most SEC teams with ease and if you think otherwise then I see why you don't belong here

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

Players on defense were dropping like flies throughout the game... totaled to something like 10 total starters. More by injury than choice by the end of the game. One of the OL had go out there and play DL.

• Like 2