Waco Midway vs Cy Fair

This game was a great lesson why having good refs and a coach is so important and I hope with this extra long off season things will change. In case some of you forgot, Midway got screwed against the refs in the 2017 state championship against Cy fair. It was not fair at all, and our coach was trying to put on a show for the fans by trying to impress them with the deep ball. It was a bad showing and we were the better team. If our team was properly prepared we would not have been caught off guard by Cy Fair using classic West Coast concepts to attack our defense. That was hard on our defense and that's just not right. I also blame the fans for not cheering for the team at the right moments and the bands for playing too loud. That is why we lost to Allen in 2018, their band made it hard for us to hear and we couldn't get calls off, which should be a penalty. If that game was played without the Allen band, we keep it much closer or win. I also put this on the lights in the stadium at Cowboys Stadium, our QB could not see at certain angles and it made him make bad throws which led to the Cy fair defense looking good when in fact it was something out of our control, the lights, doing that. Cy fair would get the ball where they light would not bother their QB and offensive players. Just a disaster of a game that was completely unfair.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Wosinc said:

Gawd I’ve missed you.  I was just wondering how you were doing.

The effect of the lights is a new twist, though.  How did CyFair manage to get the ball where the lights wouldn’t bother them?  It almost sounds as though the refs were in on it.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Total shenanigans, heads should have rolled.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wosinc said:

The effect of the lights is a new twist, though.  How did CyFair manage to get the ball where the lights wouldn’t bother them?  It almost sounds as though the refs were in on it.

Rumor has it Cy-Fair was very fortunate to hire, “Shade” to shine her lights in the Midway quarterbacks eyes as they were throwing the ball. 

#LightGate

• Haha 7

On 7/31/2020 at 5:19 PM, Big Bald Hairy Man said:

This game was a great lesson why having good refs and a coach is so important and I hope with this extra long off season things will change. In case some of you forgot, Midway got screwed against the refs in the 2017 state championship against Cy fair. It was not fair at all, and our coach was trying to put on a show for the fans by trying to impress them with the deep ball. It was a bad showing and we were the better team. If our team was properly prepared we would not have been caught off guard by Cy Fair using classic West Coast concepts to attack our defense. That was hard on our defense and that's just not right. I also blame the fans for not cheering for the team at the right moments and the bands for playing too loud. That is why we lost to Allen in 2018, their band made it hard for us to hear and we couldn't get calls off, which should be a penalty. If that game was played without the Allen band, we keep it much closer or win. I also put this on the lights in the stadium at Cowboys Stadium, our QB could not see at certain angles and it made him make bad throws which led to the Cy fair defense looking good when in fact it was something out of our control, the lights, doing that. Cy fair would get the ball where they light would not bother their QB and offensive players. Just a disaster of a game that was completely unfair.

Yeah the band, refs and dipshit 

it all makes sense now 

On 8/1/2020 at 8:33 PM, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Fucking hell, go puss up a goddamn rope in Panama Big Hairy Ballsack!

Fucking lights, goddamn pussy you would last 5 seconds in a pick up game of tackle in the fucking hood. 

Fat fucking Cheeto eatin’ cherry coke drinking slob!

Give me the damn remote bitch!

bgw

You wouldn’t have lasted 5 seconds in Panama shit face 

• Haha 1

On 7/31/2020 at 10:13 PM, Wosinc said:

Easy. The Cy fair coaches could find locations on the field before the game where lighting would not be a problem for the quarterback’s eyes. Then relay that back to the coach 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/31/2020 at 5:19 PM, Big Bald Hairy Man said:

I guess the rule is different in Texas. In Georgia, you can get flagged for having the band play during gameplay or directly prior to the snap. There was a situation like this in the 2017 state championship between North Gwinnett and Colquitt County, in the 2019 state championship between Lowndes and Marietta, and in the 2014 Corky Kell Classic between North Gwinnett and McEachern.

On 8/9/2020 at 9:58 AM, Big Bald Hairy Man said:

Easy. The Cy fair coaches could find locations on the field before the game where lighting would not be a problem for the quarterback’s eyes. Then relay that back to the coach 

I’m still confused.  How could the Cy Fair coaches be sure they would get the ball in just those places where the light wouldn’t be a problem?

I mean, where a drive stalls, or a turnover happens is pretty random, wouldn’t you say?

• Like 1