What Could Go Wrong?

concha

2 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

So you're saying....FINALLY, affordable housing !!!!!

Have you spent much time in Seattle?

Rufus>>

Lived in Seattle for three years before moving to Atlanta in 6th grade. I loved that city and that's really where I began to pick up on football. The first NFL game I watched live after moving to Seattle was the Fail Mary game. Instantly got me hooked to football.

Property values in Seattle are extremely high. A house with the same square footage here vs. in Seattle would cost 100-200 thousand dollars more in Seattle. I love that city though, more than Atlanta or any other city I've lived in.

1 hour ago, The Guru said:

If you act like an unhinged lunatic then you'll be called one.

Even your own document says "cuts", "reorganization", "reallocation", etc.

You can't even escape lying with your own documents.

It's as clear as nolebulls' stupidity that they aren't eliminating the Seattle PD.

If you think that they are then you can take my bet.

But you won't.

Again, Andy, when you eliminate money meant to retain, recruit and train personnel, and for new equipment for a police force... what eventually happens to said force?

And of course I won't take the bet.  I started this thread to show the insanity of the left even proposing this kind of thing.

Hopefully sane minds (if they still exist in Seattle) will prevail.

Even if they pass this exercise in colossal stupidity, people will still have the power to reverse it as their city goes to hell.

31 minutes ago, Rippers said:

The vote is not to eliminate the department, it is to reduce funding and spend that money elsewhere.  And just because it is on the ballot does not mean it will necessarily pass.

And I'd still choose to live in the Seattle area than I would in other certain cities around the nation.

Look at the blueprint I showed.

They are proposing freezing hiring, eliminating funding for recruiting and retention and training. And eliminating funding for new equipment.

Do the mental math on that.

What happens to a police force where that is the plan?

How long does it exist?

4 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Lived in Seattle for three years before moving to Atlanta in 6th grade. I loved that city and that's really where I began to pick up on football. The first NFL game I watched live after moving to Seattle was the Fail Mary game. Instantly got me hooked to football.

Property values in Seattle are extremely high. A house with the same square footage here vs. in Seattle would cost 100-200 thousand dollars more in Seattle. I love that city though, more than Atlanta or any other city I've lived in.

must suck to watch it burn ...condolences.

1 minute ago, concha said:

I assume the same vocal and, in cases, violent lunatic leftist tail that is wagging the stupid Democratic dog.

You're spot on there and if there was an election last month, it would have had a better chance of passing than it does today and than it should in November.  The more time that passes and the more outrage that the radical left causes that is unrelated to what the "movement" was supposed to be about, the less and less support their agenda has here.

There is a rumor of a protest in Bellevue today; I'll post if it does happen and becomes "newsworthy" because the whole reason for it is based on bullshit and leftist instigation.  We'll see if it goes down.

Just now, ngdawg said:

Still my favorite city. Just because I don't live there doesn't mean I don't care for the city. I have relatives there too.

Well I hope they are safe, and don't have too much 'temporary' pain then....

BTW: is this no police thingy just temporary too? or are you thinking permanent...

1 minute ago, Troll said:

Well I hope they are safe, and don't have too much 'temporary' pain then....

BTW: is this no police thingy just temporary too? or are you thinking permanent...

They're safe. Just watch. If this doesn't work they'll just revert to what it was originally. No need to panic among yourselves.

8 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

They're safe. Just watch. If this doesn't work they'll just revert to what it was originally. No need to panic among yourselves.

The only people who might begin to panic are sane, law-abiding citizens, residents and business owners living inside the Seattle city limits.

Even if this doesn't get passed,  you can bet lots of people are going to reassess whether or not it's worth living in a place where there are enough lunatics with enough influence to even "make this a thing".

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, concha said:

Even if this doesn't get passed,  you can bet lots of people are going to reassess whether or not it's worth living in a place where there are enough lunatics with enough influence to even "make this a thing".

More people will leave if the idiot Sawant gets her "Amazon tax" passed.  Amazon will leave downtown and other big business will follow.  Without the big businesses to support the local smaller businesses, they will leave too.  This will do much larger and longer lasting damage than defunding the police will.

But, hey, it will drive the housing costs down!

2 minutes ago, concha said:

The only people who might begin to panic are sane, law-abiding citizens, residents and business owners living inside the Seattle city limits.

They're not killing the entire Police Department, they're just making some changes. This isn't the Purge or something.

39 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

They're not killing the entire Police Department, they're just making some changes. This isn't the Purge or something.

How are your reading comprehension scores?

Hiring freeze

Elimination of funding for recruiting

Elimination of funding for retention

Elimination of funding for training

Reduction in patrol staffing

No funding for new equipment...

Are you fucking kidding me? 🤣

45 minutes ago, Rippers said:

More people will leave if the idiot Sawant gets her "Amazon tax" passed.  Amazon will leave downtown and other big business will follow.  Without the big businesses to support the local smaller businesses, they will leave too.  This will do much larger and longer lasting damage than defunding the police will.

But, hey, it will drive the housing costs down!

It sounds like a perfect storm of leftist idiocy.   I'd say Andy should move out there, but he only makes $9.50 and hour even when he can keep a job. Nobody would pay him Seattle minimum wage levels.

You'd have to be a fool to want to stay in Seattle with these kind of people running the show (or even wielding significant influence).

2 minutes ago, concha said:

How are your reading comprehension scores?

Hiring freeze

Elimination of funding for recruiting

Elimination of funding for retention

Elimination of funding for training

Reduction in patrol staffing

No funding for new equipment...

Are you fucking kidding me? 🤣

My reading comprehension scores? 99th percentile. So you're just going to focus on the things lost and not the things gained?

4 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

My reading comprehension scores? 99th percentile. So you're just going to focus on the things lost and not the things gained?

Let's do a critical thinking check...

If you stop hiring, stop recruiting, stop trying to retain people, don't fund training, don't buy equipment etc... WTF do you think happens?  How long do you have a police department?

"Things gained"?  You really are a naive kid, aren't you...

1 minute ago, concha said:

It sounds like a perfect storm of leftist idiocy.

quick question who's worse?

The leftist idiocy....

or the people who have bought the leftist idiocy?

🤔

Bonus points for answering what happens if those same people pay the far right extremist types as well...

PS....oops...wrong thread....should go in the 'conspiracy' thread...

subtitled, how does it  feel to be owned by..?....

24 minutes ago, concha said:

Let's do a critical thinking check...

If you stop hiring, stop recruiting, stop trying to retain people, don't fund training, don't buy equipment etc... WTF do you think happens?  How long do you have a police department?

"Things gained"?  You really are a naive kid, aren't you...

Think about it in a more positive light for you. If these actions weaken the police department and crime continues at the same or increased rate, then there will be a valid reason to restore the police force's entire power. Positivity works wonders, ya know? You should try it sometime.