Be a victor not a victim!!

Nolebull813

4 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

@BUFORDGAWOLVES @Ga96 if you actually put in the work, and hold yourself accountable for your actions, you can go far in this country. Don’t blame stuff that happened to your great grandpappy as a reason you are ineligible to succeed. 

What the actual hell are you yammering about now Nole?

Mother of God, get off Twitter!

bgw

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ngdawg said:

Well then why do you guys believe that anyone can be successful if they put in work? There are so many people who have put in twice the work, just to fail because of their situation. And you won't ever hear their stories online.

Good example.

Henry Ossian Flipper

Henry Ossian Flipper, born into slavery in Thomasville, Georgia, in 1856, becomes the first African American cadet to graduate from the United States Military Academy at West Point, New York on June 14, 1877. Born a Slave but was allowed to become the First Black Cadet at WestPoint. Was given the silent treatment but all the Cadets until he graduated. Only the officers would talk to him. He had command of the Buffalo Riders before the end of his career.

He withstood againt all odds and hardly complained. He said the outcast treatment made him strong and focused.

4 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

just for the sake of debating 

last time I checked I can’t get Grant money for being Italian 

• Ethnic minority grants offer assistance based on cultural heritage. African Americans, Hispanics, and other students descended from immigrant groups qualify for ethnic grants.  Native Americans are targeted by grant funding organizations that support the causes of indigenous North Americans. Asian Americans are represented by grant sources that support educational advancement among descendants of this immigrant block.

At some schools you sure can. At the school I did my graduate studies at, there were several grants available to Italians financed by benefactors of the schools. 

3 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Good example.

Henry Ossian Flipper

Henry Ossian Flipper, born into slavery in Thomasville, Georgia, in 1856, becomes the first African American cadet to graduate from the United States Military Academy at West Point, New York on June 14, 1877. Born a Slave but was allowed to become the First Black Cadet at WestPoint. Was given the silent treatment but all the Cadets until he graduated. Only the officers would talk to him. He had command of the Buffalo Riders before the end of his career.

He withstood againt all odds and hardly complained. He said the outcast treatment made him strong and focused.

Congratulations! You have found one such story. Need I bring up the numerous counter-examples?

3 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

I was hoping one of ya'll would say that!

Got damn ya'll so predictable!

LOL.

bgw

Do you hate your skin color? What about your European background? Do you slap yourself in the mirror every morning and apologize to the Malcolm X poster in your bedroom? 

Asking for a friend 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Do you hate your skin color? What about your European background? Do you slap yourself in the mirror every morning and apologize to the Malcolm X poster in your bedroom? 

Asking for a friend 

2 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Asking for a friend 

BAHAHAHAHAHA... you are ate up with BULLSHIT!!!

LMAO.

bgw

• Haha 1

Just now, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

BAHAHAHAHAHA... you are ate up with BULLSHIT!!!

LMAO.

bgw

Just know the black folks you are trying to suck up to don’t give a damn about your honky ass. In a second they would cut a piece of bacon off your back. 

When shit hits the fan you are the first gringo getting curb stomped. I would hate to see you in prison. I bet you would get tricked out in booking 😂

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Just know the black folks you are trying to suck up to don’t give a damn about your honky ass. In a second they would cut a piece of bacon off your back. 

When shit hits the fan you are the first gringo getting curb stomped. I would hate to see you in prison. I bet you would get tricked out in booking 😂

seek counseling, dude really...overactive imagination issues.

bgw

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ngdawg said:

Congratulations! You have found one such story. Need I bring up the numerous counter-examples?

Just thought I would bring some hope into your life... If he could do it against Much Greater Odds then I would assume you have enough strength and wisdom to make a good life for yourself against a much less racist society than 100 and some years ago.

1 hour ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Just thought I would bring some hope into your life... If he could do it against Much Greater Odds then I would assume you have enough strength and wisdom to make a good life for yourself against a much less racist society than 100 and some years ago.

True, but just because things have improved from before doesn't mean it's fixed. It just annoys me when people say that everyone can be successful without considering situation.