Every U

ngdawg

1 hour ago, sausmann9 said:

Douche Bag U would certainly be Ohio State (LMAO, those Bucking Fuckeyes)

Tightend U might be considered PSU (at least over the last six seasons or so)

Quarterback U might be Bama

I think you're confusing us with Penn State. Ever heard of Sandusky?

1 hour ago, CODBEARD said:

University of Washington is QB U

Penn State used to LB U but not so much anymore as that position as morphed into more of a large DB position..I would go with Bama as the new LB-U

Michigan used to pump out a lot of talented WR's

RB-U could be a ton of schools in the past but now it's probably Bama

UGA is LB U and it's not even close.

UGA has to be one of the top choices for RB U as well.

14 minutes ago, sausmann9 said:

he had nothing to do with douche bags :)  his "thing" would certainly put PSU in some not-so-cool catagories but douche bags wouldn't be one of them, lol.

They hate us because they can't beat us. Except for 2016. We don't talk about that game.

53 minutes ago, sausmann9 said:

Oh heck then we can add Louisianna Tech to that list w/ Bradshaw winning four rings in six years.

Exactly why I had said Brady. All in good fun though. Its really hard to answer because people have different criteria and biased opinions.

• Like 1

Everyone knows FL is DBU  😜

4 former Gator players were in the top 20 in INTs last year in the league. (who else can say that?)

Joe Haden 5

Janoris Jenkins  5  (never counts for UF in the dumb DBU articles)

JC Jackson  4 (also never counts for UF)

Quinton Dunbar 4.  (not counted for UF when discussing draft picks was UDFA)

Also rookie DB Chauncy Garnder-Johnson  made 1st team all rookie  team.

Ignoring the NFL and just looking at Pass D in college.   I looked up passD stats since 2013 (cutoff in data)

Total yds.  Avg Yd/y   INTs.   Patt     Pcom       Comp%     INT%.   Pass TD against

Florida:     16,232      2,319    100      2,541     1,355.     .533         3.94%      95

LSU.          18,139       2,591.     86       2,914    1,541.       .529       2.95%       105

Alabama.  19,213       2,745     107       3,151.   1,691        .537        3.34%       109

Ohio St.    19,764       2,823    113      3,170     1727        .545       3.56%       116

Source:  http://stats.ncaa.org/

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

So wait are we judging how they did in college or pro?

Can't use pro as the criteria then switch to what their college record was when the answer don't match what we want

We are using pro. A school can have a ton drafted in the NFL, but it also depends on how good they do in the NFL.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Colonel said:

USC = Tailback U

Frank Gifford, OJ Simpson, Marcus Allen, Ricky Bell, Charles White, Reggie Bush, Lendale White, Joe McNight, Ronald Jones, etc., etc.

Alabama has also been pretty good, with Derrick Henry, Josh Jacobs, Mark Ingram, Trent Richardson, and others. Historically, USC was dominant. It seems like nowadays, Alabama holds that title.

17 minutes ago, 954gator said:

4 former Gator players were in the top 20 in INTs last year in the league. (who else can say that?)

Joe Haden 5

Ignoring the NFL and just looking at Pass D in college.   I looked up passD stats since 2013 (cutoff in data)

Total yds.  Avg Yd/y   INTs.   Patt     Pcom       Comp%     INT%.   Pass TD against

Florida:     16,232      2,319    100      2,541     1,355.     .533         3.94%      95

LSU.          18,139       2,591.     86       2,914    1,541.       .529       2.95%       105

Alabama.  19,213       2,745     107       3,151.   1,691        .537        3.34%       109

Ohio St.    19,764       2,823    113      3,170     1727        .545       3.56%       116

I always thought DBU came down to Ohio State and LSU. Florida does have some good alumni though.

1 minute ago, ngdawg said:

We are using pro. A school can have a ton drafted in the NFL, but it also depends on how good they do in the NFL.

That's what I thought it was but wanted to be sure I didn't miss a change to criteria since I last checked this topic

Alabama hasn't had a lot of successful QBs since stabler (I don't think they have had a pro bowl QB since he retired)

Been much better QB programs than Alabama even with including Start, Namath and stabler

20 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Joe Haden 5

So many that don't count for UF LMAO

UF has had some solid DBs but I've seen better lists TBH 

Just now, Columbiafan said:

That's what I thought it was but wanted to be sure I didn't miss a change to criteria since I last checked this topic

Alabama hasn't had a lot of successful QBs since stabler (I don't think they have had a pro bowl QB since he retired)

Been much better QB programs than Alabama even with including Start, Namath and stabler

Solely for this reason, I'm not high on Tua. Recently, Alabama QBs have had poor success in the NFL. But then again, Tua is not your typical Alabama-style QB. So it's actually tough.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

So many that don't count for UF LMAO

UF has had some solid DBs but I've seen better lists TBH 

That's not a list of all Florida players lol.   Those are the former Gators that were at or near the top of NFL leaders last year in INTs.