Completely disrespectful and unpatriotic but not surprising

Ga96

23 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

We have 2 Great Whites that regular our Inlet. Never seen them while I'm in the water. Some Fishermen say they see them about 1000 yards out from the inlet. That's close but no real threat. I surf monster hole where we see 3 types often, Tiger, Hammer Head and bull. All 3 will attack humans. Had a 12 foot tiger turn around on me many years ago. So close I could see his eye move as he when past me. He turn and I paddled like a madman and caught a wave that would have been out of my ability. Didn't stand up until the second break. I was a freakin mess for the rest of the day.

aaaah...that's nothin' 😝

I got a way Way WAY Scarier story....

unfortunately it turned out to be a couple thousand pounds of this 🤣

wait for it.....

sunfish mola mola

Sunfish anyone?  LOLOL.....

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

A young pro kept dropping in on me at parking lot 6 Playlinda Beach Titusville. Won't mention his name but after the 5th time I dropped in right side of him and cut back hard and put a 4 inchcut in his board. He is lucky I didn't pop my nose up and spear him. He said what the fuck man? I said it's called respect for fellow surfers dude. Then said I would meet him on the beach and he could bring his bro's too. He didn't...

Where I grew up as a grom it was...

"who the fuck are you, and what makes you think you have the right to be here".... on your paddle out 🤷‍♂️

When I grew up I sat in the chair, and had to control the surf beach...

Know both sides well.

PS: much easier when you have to referee, to do it in/from the water.. but getting paid to surf ain't bad either... LOL.  

BTW: 5th time LOL.....now that's some patience 🤣  if you didn't check him on the second, the entire lineup would have done it for you here, on the 3rd  😄

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

So much for the Hang 10/ good karma attitude..sounds like there are a lot of aholes on the waves.

Definitely used to be....

and definitely way more chill today.

I know my generation changed it up on my beach and around here...

but go around the world any where, and you can run into some pretty heavy localism.

still something to be aware of, but most places if you are within the unwritten rules, you are fine.   

PS: probably still sounds harsh, but where the lineup is at, someone next to you that doesn't know what they are doing, can be an immediate and severe liability to your health...pecking order is generally based on that ability as well.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Troll said:

but go around the world any where, and you can run into some pretty hwwweavy localism.

still something to be aware of, but most places if you are within the unwritten rules, you are fine.   

I'm thinking Point Break 😂

1 hour ago, Troll said:

aaaah...that's nothin' 😝

I got a way Way WAY Scarier story....

unfortunately it turned out to be a couple thousand pounds of this 🤣

wait for it.....

sunfish mola mola

Sunfish anyone?  LOLOL.....

I can imagine. 

Sunfish can get very big. Anything big in the water next to you will scare the crap out of you until you get a good look at it.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

I can imagine. 

Sunfish can get very big. Anything big in the water next to you will scare the crap out of you until you get a good look at it.

We usually don't have the best water visibility here....

....but we do get big chocolate kegs sometimes 😄

1 hour ago, Troll said:

but go around the world any where, and you can run into some pretty heavy localism.

PS: probably still sounds harsh, but where the lineup is at, someone next to you that doesn't know what they are doing, can be an immediate and severe liability to your health...pecking order is generally based on that ability as well.

True surf knowledge... 

It's a lot more relaxed here on the east coast in Florida now also. The Inlet, both Symrna and Sebastian were very aggro in the 80's and early 90's. Making the Inlets into state parks took the fight out of many surfers.

Mid 80's was brutal at the pier and Inlets.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

@Troll you guys aren’t scared of being eaten by sharks? I’m dead ass , I won’t even go knee deep in ocean if I can’t see what’s in the ocean

just one of those things that forces you to come to terms with nature.

and don't worry you'll have lot's of time to think about it out there. 😝

Probably one of the better parts of surfing. 😁 lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Getting ready for the Hurricane... Twopalms.com will show the ocean 24/7 if you want to see the waves.

Got the word today, wife got a new job by our old home by the sea. Semi-empty nesting and semi live by the beach with a nice transition timeframe.

Looks like I may be able to paddle out for the best season here (fall/Sept) finally.....

Stoking 🏄‍♂️   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Just pulled 2 of my boards out of storage, big wave boards, I don't believe it will get over 10 feet here. If it does I may have to go north to a nice clean break that will be about half that size. Looks like I may get some early morning waves before the wife gets home from her Sunday job.

dawn patrol ...sweet.

yes, hurricane swell sticks 😁, nothing better  😁😁