Archer Replaces Hoover against Lowndes

ngdawg

On 7/27/2020 at 11:07 AM, Columbiafan said:

That's a good win there but then they also go schedule a winless ISB team from SFL when there probably was at least 1000 teams within all of GA bordering states which were better teams

Idk why they wasted time scheduling someone that bad, if they wanted their backups to get reps so bad just move them down to JV on your bye week and play them there, it would have been the same level of competition, hell the JV team probably would have been an upgrade over ISB

They also smoked state champ and regular powerhouse Miami NW. Miami NW only losses to IMG 24-7 and Lowndes 48-21. They finshed nationally at 24.

52 minutes ago, georgiagator1 said:

Randy Mac was a good coach and has the resume to back it up. Saying that, the game had kind of passed him by, offensively. New coach is bound to bring about some issues but in the long run I believe it will be an upgrade. We have some good kids that can step in on the OL, our QB is a stud and our Def will carry us far. We should handle Archer with no problem.

@Columbiafan I would normally agree with the schedule thing, as Lowndes did not normally play an OOR schedule I thought they should. But last year their schedule was pretty decent and they had quality wins that justified their ranking.

Hopefully future Lowndes schedules mimic last year and not the ones they played in prior years like 2017 which I felt probably ended up biting them in the ass as they didn't really get challenged that season and they seemed to take the foot off the gas and it allowed McEachern to make a major comeback that caught Lowndes off guard

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

This past year yes

Not in 2017

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

Hopefully future Lowndes schedules mimic last year and not the ones they played in prior years like 2017 which I felt probably ended up biting them in the ass as they didn't really get challenged that season and they seemed to take the foot off the gas and it allowed McEachern to make a major comeback that caught Lowndes off guard

My mistake. Came in late and didnt know we were talking 2017. Thread started as Archer replacing Hoover, and went off track to Lowndes schedule and I thought we were discussing last year.

• Like 1