Archer Replaces Hoover against Lowndes

ngdawg

Just now, Columbiafan said:

So they probably tried to throw him in there in hopes they could add another dimension to the offense only for it to fall flat on their face 

Exactly. That Lowndes team was very good, and they will be better next year. I think they're better than 2020 Grayson. I have them ranked first in my preseason top 20.

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

Perhaps but I still feel that Lowndes built up a false sense of security with their schedule that year which caused them to take the foot off the gas and blew that game 

I guess that's true. But they beat a 9-4 Parkview team 64-38. Even without the strength of schedule, they were easily one of the best in the state and top 20 or 15 in the country.

1 minute ago, ngdawg said:

I guess that's true. But they beat a 9-4 Parkview team 64-38. Even without the strength of schedule, they were easily one of the best in the state and top 20 or 15 in the country.

That's a good win there but then they also go schedule a winless ISB team from SFL when there probably was at least 1000 teams within all of GA bordering states which were better teams

Idk why they wasted time scheduling someone that bad, if they wanted their backups to get reps so bad just move them down to JV on your bye week and play them there, it would have been the same level of competition, hell the JV team probably would have been an upgrade over ISB

20 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Shouldn't you be more concerned with Colquitt County (your real team)

I use your philosophy.  I post about every fucking team with a fan on this board whether I know anything about that team or not.  It just so happens I know quite a bit about Lowndes.

Rufus>>

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

I use your philosophy.  I post about every fucking team with a fan on this board whether I know anything about that team or not.  It just so happens I know quite a bit about Lowndes.

Rufus>>

I have the advantage of looking at teams objectivily as well

Something that many on here can't do because they know very little outside their small bubble 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That's a good win there but then they also go schedule a winless ISB team from SFL when there probably was at least 1000 teams within all of GA bordering states which were better teams

Idk why they wasted time scheduling someone that bad, if they wanted their backups to get reps so bad just move them down to JV on your bye week and play them there, it would have been the same level of competition, hell the JV team probably would have been an upgrade over ISB

They could have scheduled better for sure. But they would have beaten any good OOS team that year. Very dominant team.

• Like 1

Just now, ngdawg said:

They could have scheduled better for sure. But they would have beaten any good OOS team that year. Very dominant team.

They may have been able to but we won't know that because they tossed the opportunity away for nothing

They probably were a great team but when a team isn't tested often throughout a season it's easy to get complacent and then when a challenge is thrown upon you suddenly and it's sink or swim you can't always swim to victory and that's what I always felt happened with McEachern game 

They were used to cruising and when it came time to be tested they weren't ready for the challenge, you obviously don't want to schedule to be like IMG as a public school but you don't want it to be too easy either, balance is key 

21 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

That MNW win was the first time they had ever faced someone good from outside of the state of Georgia, though I was speaking in general not just last year

Like the 2017 season where they choked against McEachern at home 

Gotcha. Yeah, that McEachern game was crazy. Playing not to lose instead of playing to win bit them in the ass. 

• Like 2

They may have been able to but we won't know that because they tossed the opportunity away for nothing

They probably were a great team but when a team isn't tested often throughout a season it's easy to get complacent and then when a challenge is thrown upon you suddenly and it's sink or swim you can't always swim to victory and that's what I always felt happened with McEachern game 

They were used to cruising and when it came time to be tested they weren't ready for the challenge, you obviously don't want to schedule to be like IMG as a public school but you don't want it to be too easy either, balance is key 

You have a point. But that loss shouldn't have even happened. Lowndes was up by like 24 and a series of luck and mistakes led to their loss. I don't know why they lost and they really shouldn't have. They were on a path to win the state championship. 

1 minute ago, ngdawg said:

You have a point. But that loss shouldn't have even happened. Lowndes was up by like 24 and a series of luck and mistakes led to their loss. I don't know why they lost and they really shouldn't have. They were on a path to win the state championship. 

Yeah you have a lead that big at home and blow it as a huge favorite

Idk about the other losses but that one definitely on the coaching staff 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Yeah you have a lead that big at home and blow it as a huge favorite

Idk about the other losses but that one definitely on the coaching staff 

A little bit was on a player too. He fielded a kickoff and slipped at the 1. His knee went down so the Lowndes offense was very backed up and had to punt.

A 24 point lead Should be able to make up for one mistake lol

I think McEachern scored, got an onside kick, scored again, and then the kickoff fail happened. I think before this whole sequence of events, McEachern was only down 16 or something. The game is on NFHS Network so that's cool.

• Like 1

Just now, ngdawg said:

I think McEachern scored, got an onside kick, scored again, and then the kickoff fail happened. I think before this whole sequence of events, McEachern was only down 16 or something. The game is on NFHS Network so that's cool.

I guess I'll need to go back and watch this game next time I get a subscription

For some reason these idiots got rid of the 72 hour free viewing rule they used to have 

30 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

The perfect choice of words to describe what I felt eventually was the downfall of that 2017 Lowndes team

Complacency

This is why I don't get when people have a problem with running up the score on a team. I may make some enemies with this post, but I'm sticking to my guns: when you're up by a lot, why do you need to call off the dogs? To give the other team a chance to come back or make it a game? Nah. It's up to the other team to stop it. We've all seen some crazy ass comebacks in football, so I'll be damned if I stop executing at a high level because the game is supposedly out of reach. Step your game up and stop me. Simple as that. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

This is why I don't get when people have a problem with running up the score on a team. I may make some enemies with this post, but I'm sticking to my guns: when you're up by a lot, why do you need to call off the dogs? To give the other team a chance to come back or make it a game? Nah. It's up to the other team to stop it. We've all seen some crazy ass comebacks in football, so I'll be damned if I stop executing at a high level because the game is supposedly out of reach. Step your game up and stop me. Simple as that. 

I agree, until the other team pulls their starters out I'm gonna run my team the way I teach it, beat the team down into submission

Nobody gonna get no wild comeback at my expense because I let off the gas

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

I agree, until the other team pulls their starters out I'm gonna run my team the way I teach it, beat the team down into submission

Nobody gonna get no wild comeback at my expense because I let off the gas

Exactly. But somehow you're seen as an "asshole" head coach just because you chose not to let up........based off of what the OTHER team failed to do. It's crazy. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FootballGuy said:

Exactly. But somehow you're seen as an "asshole" head coach just because you chose not to let up........based off of what the OTHER team failed to do. It's crazy. 

I would take the title and wear it with pride

I would rather be hated as a winner than pitied as a loser 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ngdawg said:

That McEachern game was a fluke. Lowndes was in control for almost the whole game and just brainfarted at the end. Had they escaped that game, they would have won state. Hands down.

The game is at least 48 minutes long and in the playoffs especially you don't get to brain fart when it counts.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

I'm not saying its acceptable. But I'm clearly taking Lowndes in a rematch of that game.

And yet we will never know no matter how much we speculate as we cannot go back to those teams at that time and those circumstances.  I hate saying it but the road to the championship is littered with teams that messed up on time in the playoffs.  We've done before and I don't think I am going out on a limb by saying we will do it again at some time.  That's why they play the games.  (I can't believe my fingers just typed that last sentence!  My brain was screaming nooooo, don't do it!)

• Like 1

On 7/27/2020 at 10:45 AM, Columbiafan said:

I'm not so sure with this idea that Lowndes fans are trying to say coaching was holding them back lately, it seems they are just trying to pass off blame to someone they pushed out but I do think that if Lowndes had played a schedule similar to other top teams in GA who have been more willing to take chances they likely wouldn't have gotten so highly ranked because they would have taken a few losses earlier, Lowndes is a consistent program but not what their fanbase tries to make them

Like I've said before @georgiagator1 is the only sensible Lowndes fan on this board, Ga96 and MTP are clueless quacks who would try to sell you that they are as good as Miami Central or St Thomas Aquinas just to fulfill their insecurities

Randy Mac was a good coach and has the resume to back it up. Saying that, the game had kind of passed him by, offensively. New coach is bound to bring about some issues but in the long run I believe it will be an upgrade. We have some good kids that can step in on the OL, our QB is a stud and our Def will carry us far. We should handle Archer with no problem.

@Columbiafan I would normally agree with the schedule thing, as Lowndes did not normally play an OOR schedule I thought they should. But last year their schedule was pretty decent and they had quality wins that justified their ranking.

• Like 1