College Football Decade Tournament

ngdawg

3 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

2008 USC?

Rose Bowl winner, great defense, and had one loss to a good Oregon State team led by freshman star RB Jacquiz Rodgers

Team also had Mark Sanchez, Joe McKnight, Brian Cushing, and some others. Easily USC’s best defense and a prolific offense (Sanchez threw 35 TD passes).

USC fans may disagree, but I feel this team was more formidable than most of their past teams. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

Rose Bowl winner, great defense, and had one loss to a good Oregon State team led by freshman star RB Jacquiz Rodgers

Team also had Mark Sanchez, Joe McKnight, Brian Cushing, and some others. Easily USC’s best defense and a prolific offense (Sanchez threw 35 TD passes).

USC fans may disagree, but I feel this team was more formidable than most of their past teams. 

USC was loaded at linebacker.  Malulaga, Brian Cushing, Clay Mathews.  

Just now, 954gator said:

Yeah Solid team.   2008 texas was nasty too.   2008 would have been one of the best playoffs IMO.  

Florida vs  Texas

USC vs  OU

2006 UF vs USC would have been awesome too.

Lord Jesus.... what I'd give to see the 05 texas team vs 08 gators. Vince Young vs Tim Tebow & company? That shit woulda been epic. 

8 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

Lord Jesus.... what I'd give to see the 05 texas team vs 08 gators. Vince Young vs Tim Tebow & company? That shit woulda been epic. 

Or 2004 USC vs 2005 Texas 

I think 2008 would have been most interesting though. Texas, Oklahoma, Florida and USC were all very good teams. Some of the best of the decade. And they were all playing in the same season. 

• Like 2