College Football Decade Tournament

ngdawg

16 minutes ago, georgiagator1 said:

Thats a strawman argument. They are part of the SEC. And yes 6 titles when the next best conf has 3, without counting Bama, is still dominate. 

So I can say, wow, without Clemson the ACC has one, 1, uno, titles in last 20 years. Take out bama, clemson and osu and its 6 to 1 to 0. Thats dominance.

Yep, 6 titles broken up with 3 schools lol 

In other words you can argue that the SEC at the top is stronger than the rest of the weak conferences and yes it would be correct

You could also argue the SEC is the most successful conference even without bama and yes you would be correct

But I still find it funny how many teams in the conference who did nothing for those 20 years chant "SEC" "SEC" like they somehow contributed anything more than being a punching bag for the real programs in the conference to pad stats before eventually accomplishing something while they did nothing

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

Yep, 6 titles broken up with 3 schools lol 

In other words you can argue that the SEC at the top is stronger than the rest of the weak conferences and yes it would be correct

You could also argue the SEC is the most successful conference even without bama and yes you would be correct

But I still find it funny how many teams in the conference who did nothing for those 20 years chant "SEC" "SEC" like they somehow contributed anything more than being a punching bag for the real programs in the conference to pad stats before eventually accomplishing something while they did nothing

So name conf that are not that way? Which ones are strongest top to bottom? Its still the SEC>

3 hours ago, ngdawg said:

@DarterBlue@sausmann9@HurricaneNick@Columbiafan@FootballGuy@ChimpGrip@TheMaximumHornetSting@AztecPadre@georgiagator1@Omaha Vol@954gator and anyone else who is interested in voting...

Finals:

(1) 2019 LSU vs. (2) 2011 Alabama

Voting will remain open until basically whenever. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!

I will take Alabama, and raise you 10!

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Yeah see what I mean 

Used to be a lot more balance in college football, wasn't it also 4 different SEC teams who won titles in those 4 years as well?

You call it balance. Ha ha. I call it the SEC jumping out and dominating. You like to use the numbers, unless it doesnt support your position. All the conf used to be more balanced, that true. Its not that the other conf are weaker now, its the SEC is stronger. Much stronger.

14 minutes ago, georgiagator1 said:

You call it balance. Ha ha. I call it the SEC jumping out and dominating. You like to use the numbers, unless it doesnt support your position. All the conf used to be more balanced, that true. Its not that the other conf are weaker now, its the SEC is stronger. Much stronger.

You don't think the other conferences are weaker?

What happened to Nebraska

What happened to Texas

What happened to Michigan

What happened to USC

What happened to Virginia Tech

What happened to Miami

There are tons of strong programs that have fallen off and as a result have dragged their conferences down with them

16 minutes ago, georgiagator1 said:

Okay so I'll admit that even without bama the SEC run of dominance was still right at the top 

Even so I still have yet to understand why the entire conference gets credit for a few good teams, all the Championships won in past 20 years are thanks to 4 teams in the conference

The other 10 programs (even the ones who played in a easier conference prior to joining the SEC) haven't done shit in that 20 years

And honestly even if they played in easier conferences I doubt those other programs would have won a national title so why are they given any credit for the success of the few teams in the SEC who actually did something worth bragging about 

8 hours ago, ngdawg said:

@DarterBlue@sausmann9@HurricaneNick@Columbiafan@FootballGuy@ChimpGrip@TheMaximumHornetSting@AztecPadre@georgiagator1@Omaha Vol@954gator and anyone else who is interested in voting...

Finals:

(1) 2019 LSU vs. (2) 2011 Alabama

Voting will remain open until basically whenever. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, georgiagator1 said:

You call it balance. Ha ha. I call it the Alabama conference jumping out and dominating. You like to use the numbers, unless it doesnt support your position. All the conf used to be more balanced, that true. Its not that the other conf are weaker now, its the SEC is stronger. Much stronger.

FIFY 

Except last year where LSU was sick. 

21 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

Okay so I'll admit that even without bama the SEC run of dominance was still right at the top 

Even so I still have yet to understand why the entire conference gets credit for a few good teams, all the Championships won in past 20 years are thanks to 4 teams in the conference

The other 10 programs (even the ones who played in a easier conference prior to joining the SEC) haven't done shit in that 20 years

And honestly even if they played in easier conferences I doubt those other programs would have won a national title so why are they given any credit for the success of the few teams in the SEC who actually did something worth bragging about 

But what confs are? They all have a few good teams at the top and everybody else. Why should the SEC be judged differently?

16 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

FIFY 

Except last year where LSU was sick. 

Except when you take ALL bamas titles out The SEC still has twice as many titles as the next best conf last 20 years. And if you take Clemson out its 6-1 not including bama or Clemson. Anyway you guys want to slice it the SEC is dominate, and there is no disputing the numbers.

21 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

You don't think the other conferences are weaker?

What happened to Nebraska

What happened to Texas

What happened to Michigan

What happened to USC

What happened to Virginia Tech

What happened to Miami

There are tons of strong programs that have fallen off and as a result have dragged their conferences down with them

The same thing that happens to EVERY SINGLE POWER. Florida was down for awhile and are just swinging back up. FSU is downward spiral. USC went througth it. ALabama had a period of time they went through it. Notre Dame. Literally all programs go through this. The SEC has just managed to jump out in front of everyone the 20 years. They are better as a whole.

Just now, georgiagator1 said:

The same thing that happens to EVERY SINGLE POWER. Florida was down for awhile and are just swinging back up. FSU is downward spiral. USC went througth it. ALabama had a period of time they went through it. Notre Dame. Literally all programs go through this. The SEC has just managed to jump out in front of everyone the 20 years. They are better as a whole.

Ohio State's down time was 1 year when they had Luke Fickell. Pretty impressive.

2 hours ago, georgiagator1 said:

But what confs are? They all have a few good teams at the top and everybody else. Why should the SEC be judged differently?

Because the SEC is the only conference that I see regularly the fans from the garbage teams out there talking about how great they are when they haven't done shit 

You don't see Rutgers bragging when Ohio State beats a team from another conference or Oregon State bragging when Oregon wins a bowl game or Kansas bragging when Oklahoma wins a big game 

But you will see fans from Vandy, South Carolina, Kentucky, etc talk like big shots when Alabama carries the conference to a national championship

2 hours ago, georgiagator1 said:

But what team has rose up to replace them in the conference?

Oregon was already a top 25 team in PAC 12 when USC was dominating

Ohio State was still good when Michigan was good

Oklahoma was still good when Nebraska and Texas were good 

Only team you could argue that maybe jumped up there while those teams fell was Clemson

2 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

But what team has rose up to replace them in the conference?

Oregon was already a top 25 team in PAC 12 when USC was dominating

Ohio State was still good when Michigan was good

Oklahoma was still good when Nebraska and Texas were good 

Only team you could argue that maybe jumped up there while those teams fell was Clemson

Traditional powers are traditional powers with occasional down years. Bottom dwellers are always bottom dwellers with occasional good years. Middle of the packs come and go. This is the usual pattern.

In the PAC, UCLA had good years, Washington off and on, Stanford.

In the Big Wisconsin rose up for awhile now. Penn St is in there.

etc, etc

2 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

Because the SEC is the only conference that I see regularly the fans from the garbage teams out there talking about how great they are when they haven't done shit 

You don't see Rutgers bragging when Ohio State beats a team from another conference or Oregon State bragging when Oregon wins a bowl game or Kansas bragging when Oklahoma wins a big game 

But you will see fans from Vandy, South Carolina, Kentucky, etc talk like big shots when Alabama carries the conference to a national championship

LOL. So you are not disputing that SEC has been the clear dominate conf, you just are annoyed that bootm dwellers are leeching off the powers in the conf?

4 minutes ago, georgiagator1 said:

LOL. So you are not disputing that SEC has been the clear dominate conf, you just are annoyed that bootm dwellers are leeching off the powers in the conf?

I never denied that the top of the SEC has the conference at the top

However the majority of the SEC teams haven't done jack shit but act like they some badass but yes leaching sounds like a spot on description of what most the teams in the SEC are

9 minutes ago, georgiagator1 said:

What does UF have to do with it? They have had some pretty down years after both Spurrier and Meyer. The BIG for the most part has always been UM and OSU. OSU has had some down years.

UF has also been one of the most successful teams in the SEC over past 20 years, one of only 4 teams who actually carried their weight

So it makes me question why you would bring up Ohio State only winning 2 national titles when it was even with one of the SEC best programs in Championship success in that stretch

4 hours ago, ngdawg said:

Ohio State's down time was 1 year when they had Luke Fickell. Pretty impressive.

Now if you are talking last 20 years, yes pretty impressive. They have had 4 sub par years in that time. They also have had J Tressel and U Meyer during the last 20 years.

But between 1987-1992  they were 41-25-4 during a 6 year stretch under John Cooper.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, georgiagator1 said:

Traditional powers are traditional powers with occasional down years. Bottom dwellers are always bottom dwellers with occasional good years. Middle of the packs come and go. This is the usual pattern.

In the PAC, UCLA had good years, Washington off and on, Stanford.

In the Big Wisconsin rose up for awhile now. Penn St is in there.

etc, etc

UCLA and Washington were also good at the start of the 00s 

As was Penn State 

I'll give you Wisconsin who did seem to get better in past decade and Stanford had their moments 

Though I still feel it's easy to make the argument that college football was much stronger and had more depth around 1995-2005 stretch than it was at any point this decade