College Football Decade Tournament

ngdawg

On 8/14/2020 at 9:07 PM, Columbiafan said:

Btw the worst bama defense this decade with a one legged Tua nearly beat the Great LSU team you won't stop foaming over but do you count that against them?

FSU was the best team that year! End of debate 

LSU defense was average! End of debate 

I'm always right! End of debate 

FSU homerism. lol

SEC rules, and the haters hate it, lmao.

6 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

@DarterBlue@sausmann9@HurricaneNick@Columbiafan@FootballGuy@ChimpGrip@TheMaximumHornetSting@AztecPadre@georgiagator1@Omaha Vol@954gator and anyone else who is interested in voting...

Finals:

(1) 2019 LSU vs. (2) 2011 Alabama

Voting will remain open until basically whenever. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!

(1) 2019 LSU

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

@DarterBlue@sausmann9@HurricaneNick@Columbiafan@FootballGuy@ChimpGrip@TheMaximumHornetSting@AztecPadre@georgiagator1@Omaha Vol@954gator and anyone else who is interested in voting...

Finals:

Voting will remain open until basically whenever. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!

Why do I get the feeling some people voted 2011 Alabama because they would be a bad matchup for LSU and want to keep pushing LSU as the greatest team ever assembled despite a average at best defense?

I guess it will be up to whoever comes out of the 00s decade to put LSU in their place 

• Like 1

On 8/14/2020 at 3:00 PM, ChimpGrip said:

More balanced on offense and comparable defenses

2015 had a deeper front 7 on D (although both were elite and had great depth) 

2011 had a better OL

2015 had better offensive weapons and was better equipped to win shootouts (also better equipped to face teams like Clemson 2015-2019)

2015 had better DL

2011 had better LBs and secondary 

2011 had overall better defense, maybe the greatest college D of all time. 

I’ll also add that while some Alabama defenses (2015 and 2016)  had better pass rushes and were better at creating and forcing turnovers, but no defense generated stops over and over again like the 2011 defense. They were the closest thing to a brick wall. 2011 D was also the nastiest and most physical. 2015 and '16 weren’t far behind with some of the monsters they had up front. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ngdawg said:

Finals:

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, georgiagator1 said:

Make an argument there is a stronger conference than the SEC.

Let's see 

If we remove Alabama national Championships in that stretch 

Since 00

SEC  6

ACC  3

Big 10  2

Pac 12  2

Big 12  2

Big East  1

Yes the SEC still comes out ahead but not nearly the same dominance without Alabama

29 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Let's see 

Since 00

SEC  6

ACC  3

Big 10  2

Pac 12  2

Big 12  2

Big East  1

Yes the SEC still comes out ahead but not nearly the same dominance without Alabama

Why you want to take them out? They are a founding member of the SEC. Lets take out Clemson for the ACC. How many?

Lets take out OSU for Big 10. How many?

31 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Let's see 

Since 00

SEC  6

ACC  3

Big 10  2

Pac 12  2

Big 12  2

Big East  1

And double the amount of the 2nd place conf WITHOUT Bama. I would still call that dominance.

20 minutes ago, georgiagator1 said:

Why you want to take them out? They are a founding member of the SEC. Lets take out Clemson for the ACC. How many?

Lets take out OSU for Big 10. How many?

Because the whole point of my argument is that Alabama rules and without them the SEC run wasn't the greatest conference run of all time like many on here push for 

SEC was good but bama is what made them elite during the recent run

22 minutes ago, georgiagator1 said:

And double the amount of the 2nd place conf WITHOUT Bama. I would still call that dominance.

Yes it would

Greatest run by a conference ever, no

Again Alabama made the SEC great in the recent run, without them they had a few great teams but not the run they had without them 

What I find funny is people try to justify SEC dominance by how poorly the other conferences are, the other conferences being weak don't make the SEC great by default, every title in the SEC since 2000 can be traced to 4 schools, Alabama, Auburn, Florida and LSU

In reality those 4 teams are only ones who accomplished a damn thing, the remaining teams in the conference just rode their coat tails as the 4 teams did all the work 

22 minutes ago, georgiagator1 said:

Yes it would

Again Alabama made the SEC great in the recent run, without them they had a few great teams but not the run they had without them 

What I find funny is people try to justify SEC dominance by how poorly the other conferences are, the other conferences being weak don't make the SEC great by default, every title in the SEC since 2000 can be traced to 4 schools, Alabama, Auburn, Florida and LSU

In reality those 4 teams are only ones who accomplished a damn thing, the remaining teams in the conference just rode their coat tails as the 4 teams did all the work 

4 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Because the whole point of my argument is that Alabama rules and without them the SEC run wasn't the greatest conference run of all time like many on here push for 

SEC was good but bama is what made them elite during the recent run

Thats a strawman argument. They are part of the SEC. And yes 6 titles when the next best conf has 3, without counting Bama, is still dominate. 

So I can say, wow, without Clemson the ACC has one, 1, uno, titles in last 20 years. Take out bama, clemson and osu and its 6 to 1 to 0. Thats dominance.

2 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Yes it would

Whats the greatest run by a conf ever? Please dont take me to leather helmets for this debate.

8 minutes ago, georgiagator1 said:

Whats the greatest run by a conf ever? Please dont take me to leather helmets for this debate.

Again with Alabama it would be the best run by a conference

I saw a few conferences that had similar numbers of Championships that the SEC (minus bama) had in that stretch

Then again I feel like the run by the SEC was actually easier than what it was in past decades because of how weak the rest of college football has become lately

Used to be you would go into last few games of the season not knowing who will win a championship, now it's usually pretty obvious by mid season who winning a Championship

14 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Yes it would

1980-1999

Big 8= 5

Big East = 4 (all miami)

SEC = 4

ACC = 3

Ind = 3

Big 10 = 1

Pac 10 = 1

Mnt West = 1

• Like 1