College Football Decade Tournament

ngdawg

1 hour ago, FootballGuy said:

I guess UCF can "claim" an indirect win over bama in 2017 since they beat auburn who beat bama that year....who went on to win the natty vs georgia. Probably why ucf claims national champion status. 

Actually they claim national championship status since one of the NCAA national championship selectors did vote them number 1 at the end of the season

Whether it is liked by the public or not they had every right to claim that National title 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Actually they claim national championship status since one of the NCAA national championship selectors did vote them number 1 at the end of the season

Whether it is liked by the public or not they had every right to claim that National title 

I feel you. I think the same thing happened with the 2008 utah utes. The gators won it that year, but I woulda loved to see a Utah vs Florida national championship that year. 

17 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Which one? And anyone who thinks UCF was the best team in the nation playing that schedule should be held criminally responsible and serve time.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, georgiagator1 said:

Which one? And anyone who thinks UCF was the best team in the nation playing that schedule should be held criminally responsible and serve time.

UCF had a nice win over Auburn, but that's one game. Do they go 14-1 or better on Bama's schedule? I doubt it. They probably lose at least two games. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

UCF had a nice win over Auburn, but that's one game. Do they go 14-1 or better on Bama's schedule? I doubt it. 

And remember, that was an uninspired, no nothing, meaningless game for Auburn. UCF was very motivated, Auburn had higher expectations and lost to UGA in SEC champ, they were done after that.

6 votes for 2016 Clemson

2 votes for 2011 Boise State

5 votes for 2013 Michigan State

3 votes for 2014 TCU

6 votes for 2010 TCU

2 votes for 2017 Wisconsin

8 votes for 2011 LSU

5 votes for 2016 Oklahoma

3 votes for 2016 USC

7 votes for 2018 Alabama

1 vote for 2012 Stanford

5 votes for 2015 Clemson

3 votes for 2017 UCF

7 votes for 2010 Auburn

1 vote for 2014 Baylor

5 minutes ago, georgiagator1 said:

And remember, that was an uninspired, no nothing, meaningless game for Auburn. UCF was very motivated, Auburn had higher expectations and lost to UGA in SEC champ, they were done after that.

Typical of that clown Malzahn and his team. 

I agree with your post tho

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, georgiagator1 said:

Why should they be penalized due to their conference being bad? Kinda unfair that that's held against them. But hey, all you can do is go out there and beat them team that's in front of you at the end of the day. Boise had this same problem, but they proved over and over that they can beat anyone...especially power 5 schools. 

10 minutes ago, georgiagator1 said:

And we really gotta stop with this "they didn't wanna be there" bullshit. If that's the case, decline the bowl game and let someone else take that spot. You accepted the bowl bid, but now it doesn't mean shit? Why take the game in the first place if it's a meaningless game? 

1 minute ago, FootballGuy said:

Why should they be penalized due to their conference being bad? Kinda unfair that that's held against them. But hey, all you can do is go out there and beat them team that's in front of you at the end of the day. Boise had this same problem, but they proved over and over that they can beat anyone...especially power 5 schools. 

Ok, they shouldnt be penalized. Should they be rewarded though? And should teams with really tough schedules be penalized for a loss or 2? Just because you are undefeated should not be an automatic label of NC. There are other factors. And 99% of football fans know UCF was NOT the best team that year.

12 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

6 votes for 2016 Clemson

2 votes for 2011 Boise State

5 votes for 2013 Michigan State

3 votes for 2014 TCU

6 votes for 2010 TCU

2 votes for 2017 Wisconsin

8 votes for 2011 LSU

5 votes for 2016 Oklahoma

3 votes for 2016 USC

7 votes for 2018 Alabama

1 vote for 2012 Stanford

5 votes for 2015 Clemson

3 votes for 2017 UCF

7 votes for 2010 Auburn

1 vote for 2014 Baylor

I think people are forgetting how good that 2013 michigan state team was. Had the number 1 defense in the nation that year. Rose bowl champs. Now that TCU team was really good and they smashed ole miss, but they also gave up quite a few points that year. 

I think people are forgetting how good that 2013 michigan state team was. Had the number 1 defense in the nation that year. Rose bowl champs. Now that TCU team was really good and they smashed ole miss, but they also gave up quite a few points that year. 

2013 MSU beat Ohio State in the Big Ten Championship. 2014 TCU got passed up for the last spot in the playoff because of Ohio State. I wonder if they would have beat Alabama in the playoff.

And we really gotta stop with this "they didn't wanna be there" bullshit. If that's the case, decline the bowl game and let someone else take that spot. You accepted the bowl bid, but now it doesn't mean shit? Why take the game in the first place if it's a meaningless game? 

Dont be naive. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and extra practices for player development and free trip for players with gifts. But if you dont think when you have a shot at an SEC title and playoffs but wind up in a bowl against group of 5 opponent that it doesnt affect the physc, I dont know what to tell you.

1 minute ago, georgiagator1 said:

Ok, they shouldnt be penalized. Should they be rewarded though? And should teams with really tough schedules be penalized for a loss or 2? Just because you are undefeated should not be an automatic label of NC. There are other factors. And 99% of football fans know UCF was NOT the best team that year.

Oh don;t get me wrong, I'm not saying they were the best team that year. One of the best for sure. Even tho they played in a bad conference, they did in fact play 7 teams who were over .500 and played in bowl games....including wins over 3 ranked teams who were pretty good (Memphis, usf, and auburn). 

As far as a team being penalized while playing a tough schedule but end up losing a game or two, you see how that went for Penn State a few season ago, right? 

8 minutes ago, georgiagator1 said:

Dont be naive. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and extra practices for player development and free trip for players with gifts. But if you dont think when you have a shot at an SEC title and playoffs but wind up in a bowl against group of 5 opponent that it doesnt affect the physc, I dont know what to tell you.

So do you think saban already knew his team didn't care about playing in a BCS game other than the national championship or when they missed the playoff? 

11 minutes ago, georgiagator1 said:

We can't have it both ways. When the power 5 team beats the group of 5 team by 300, it's all good, but when the power 5 team loses to the group of 5 team, the excuse is "they didn't care." That shit is mad tired. Gotta come up with a new excuse at this point. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

We can't have it both ways. When the power 5 team beats the group of 5 team by 300, it's all good, but when the power 5 team loses to the group of 5 team, the excuse is "they didn't care." That shit is mad tired. Gotta come up with a new excuse at this point. 

Exactly it's nothing more than an excuse, Auburn lost because UCF played Better and was the better team

That's the facts whether the SEC homers want to accept it or not

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, georgiagator1 said:

That's Auburn own damn fault, you can't exactly blame UCF because Auburn chose to take the night off, if they get into a New year's 6 bowl game and don't care than perhaps I should be concerned about how well coached they are because no respecting coach would allow a team to not want to play to win when on national television

And like @FootballGuy said 

If you don't plan to come to win, keep your ass home! I would be embarrassed to see any team I'm a fan of to put that level of pathetic product out there that they feel a New Year's 6 bowl game isn't a big enough stage to come play and win 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Oh don;t get me wrong, I'm not saying they were the best team that year. One of the best for sure. Even tho they played in a bad conference, they did in fact play 7 teams who were over .500 and played in bowl games....including wins over 3 ranked teams who were pretty good (Memphis, usf, and auburn). 

As far as a team being penalized while playing a tough schedule but end up losing a game or two, you see how that went for Penn State a few season ago, right? 

Wins against 2 more teams ranked because of a record against nobodys.

37 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Not my point. Theres no excuse for losing, dont believe in them. But its naive to think when weighing out wins that Auburn was at their best.