College Football Decade Tournament

ngdawg

1 minute ago, georgiagator1 said:

@FootballGuy @Columbiafan

"Stricklin’s response is pending, but it will be interesting to see if White continues this stance with other programs similar to Florida, or if another Power 5 school finally gives the Knights a chance with a scheduling commitment."

Has anyone yet? No.

Didn't North Carolina give them a home and home?

Just now, FootballGuy said:

Wait... something that will be very telling is if USF was offered a home game in this deal but not UCF. So, was UCF offered a home game?

I'm honestly a bit confused atm

My understanding was USF was getting a game at Raymond James stadium (USF uses it as a home stadium) but UCF "home game" was supposed to be at camping world

If that's not the case then I clearly missed something

47 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

I'm honestly a bit confused atm

My understanding was USF was getting a game at Raymond James stadium (USF uses it as a home stadium) but UCF "home game" was supposed to be at camping world

If that's not the case then I clearly missed something

https://www.blackandgoldbanneret.com/2018/12/18/18147207/ucf-knights-should-take-florida-gators-football-scheduling-offer-which-doesnt-exist

It was a HOME game for UCF. Just like USF deal.

45 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

In the very article you just sent me it said the 2 for 1 was never really offered 

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/florida-football/obtained-emails-show-florida-ucf-did-discuss-series-ucf-ad-refused-2-for-1-offer/

Actual emails says it was. They want true home and home or 1+1 +1 neutral. Thats why it didnt happen.

• Like 1

Though one of the comments on the article exposes how people don't understand financials very well

Yes camping world holds more seats but because it's a neutral site UCF can't keep the same 100% gate like they would at home and they would also have to pay the city of Orlando (the ones who own camping world stadium) in order to rent the facility

In the end they make less money holding it at camping world 

48 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Though one of the comments on the article exposes how people don't understand financials very well

Yes camping world holds more seats but because it's a neutral site UCF can't keep the same 100% gate like they would at home and they would also have to pay the city of Orlando (the ones who own camping world stadium) in order to rent the facility

In the end they make less money holding it at camping world 

But they were offered a HOME game. 2-1