College Football Decade Tournament

ngdawg

1 hour ago, FootballGuy said:

They were looking for a fair deal. Mckenzie Milton was correct when he said that they were the better program at the time (better than florida), so what makes the Florida AD think that UCF doesn't deserve a home game in this whole ordeal? Even BAMA does home/home deals with lesser teams from power 5 conferences (teams that I'm pretty sure UCF woulda/would beat), so why can't they get a home game in return? 

The same reason no other high profile P5 team would do it. There is no upside for UF (who IS a high profile P5) at all. UF doesnt need UCF. UCF does need UF and other high profile P5 programs to build their program.Thats just how it is.UF will only travel for benefit, because they can. UF has future HaH games with Colorado, Arizona St, Cal, NC State, Texas, Utah. All of those are not bluebloods, but they are P5 teams. USF is as established as UCF, UF has games scheduled with them, but no home and home.

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

There are loads of P5 teams who are among the worst teams in the country, it's not always a sign of who the best team or program is, it's usually who fit a geographic need decades ago and the people in charge of these conferences are greedy money hounds who don't want to share the pie

No conference wants the expand as they are all content with the teams they have which is why I would like to see a system similar to what I drew up (with the help of @ngdawg since my spreadsheets looked like puke) where we see an expansion to the playoffs which still give the P5 teams the clear advantage but allows a team who comes out of nowhere like UCF to actually get their chance

They may get blown off the field but at least they had an opportunity to make themselves into legends

That's how you build programs up and build future powerhouses in the eyes of the fans in the first place

Sure thats the thinking right now. The Big 12 has expaned once, the Pac 12 once, the Big 10 twice and the SEC twice, and the ACC once. Whos to say it wont happen again. I think it will, just not to soon. And we will just have to agree to disagree. No program should get a playoff spot EVER playing the schedule UCF plays. If they had taken the UF deal, beat them on the road and went undefeated maybe they some consideration. They need to be doing that now for a few years. No freebies just to "give the little guy" a chance. My opinion.

8 minutes ago, georgiagator1 said:

The same reason no other high profile P5 team would do it. There is no upside for UF (who IS a high profile P5) at all. UF doesnt need UCF. UCF does need UF and other high profile P5 programs to build their program.Thats just how it is.UF will only travel for benefit, because they can. UF has future HaH games with Colorado, Arizona St, Cal, NC State, Texas, Utah. All of those are not bluebloods, but they are P5 teams. USF is as established as UCF, UF has games scheduled with them, but no home and home.

Idk bout this one, chief....

1 minute ago, FootballGuy said:

Question of the century right here. 

If UCF turned that down then yes they are idiots but if the third game is at camping world and not UCF then I don't blame them for turning it down as they wouldn't actually get a home gate from it because camping world would charge UCF a rental fee then split the gate with UF

1 minute ago, georgiagator1 said:

Sure thats the thinking right now. The Big 12 has expaned once, the Pac 12 once, the Big 10 twice and the SEC twice, and the ACC once. Whos to say it wont happen again. I think it will, just not to soon. And we will just have to agree to disagree. No program should get a playoff spot EVER playing the schedule UCF plays. If they had taken the UF deal, beat them on the road and went undefeated maybe they some consideration. They need to be doing that now for a few years. No freebies just to "give the little guy" a chance. My opinion.

Even if they had beaten Florida by 30 points on the road and went undefeated they wouldn't have gotten in over bama 

The playoff selection committee picks the teams that make the most money, not the best teams

That's why Notre Dame got in and got killed by Clemson

53 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Wasn't USF offered a deal 2 years at UF, one at Tampa?

If so why could that offer be given but not to UCF?

@FootballGuy

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/florida-football/obtained-emails-show-florida-ucf-did-discuss-series-ucf-ad-refused-2-for-1-offer/

“UF isn’t in the market for home-and-home or a neutral site games against non-Autonomy 5 opponents,” Stricklin wrote. “However, we would be open to a series similar to what we’ve agreed to with USF … two games in Gainesville and one in Orlando. We are in need of a home opener for the 2022 season, so the 9/3/2022 date you mention would be a perfect date to begin the series, and we can fill in the remaining games from there.”

White didn’t appreciate the reference to “non-Autonomy 5 opponents” and quickly changed his tactic to soliciting Stricklin’s help to change a “broken” system.

Yall dont get it. They did. The UCF AD wants an "equitable" home and home. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

2 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

If UCF turned that down then yes they are idiots but if the third game is at camping world and not UCF then I don't blame them for turning it down as they wouldn't actually get a home gate from it because camping world would charge UCF a rental fee then split the gate with UF

I'm with ya. It's a raw deal for UCF. Doesn't make sense. 

4 minutes ago, georgiagator1 said:

How is it a freebie for a team going undefeated?

There are teams with much worse schedules than UCF who can't even come close to going undefeated, regardless of the competition level it surely isn't easy to go undefeated

49 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Their home stadium barely holds 45,000 people. Thats laughable.

3 minutes ago, georgiagator1 said:

@FootballGuy

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/florida-football/obtained-emails-show-florida-ucf-did-discuss-series-ucf-ad-refused-2-for-1-offer/

“UF isn’t in the market for home-and-home or a neutral site games against non-Autonomy 5 opponents,” Stricklin wrote. “However, we would be open to a series similar to what we’ve agreed to with USF … two games in Gainesville and one in Orlando. We are in need of a home opener for the 2022 season, so the 9/3/2022 date you mention would be a perfect date to begin the series, and we can fill in the remaining games from there.”

White didn’t appreciate the reference to “non-Autonomy 5 opponents” and quickly changed his tactic to soliciting Stricklin’s help to change a “broken” system.

Yall dont get it. They did. The UCF AD wants an "equitable" home and home. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

BECAUSE THE DEAL DIDN'T MAKE SENSE!!!!!! 

46 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

How is it a freebie for a team going undefeated?

There are teams with much worse schedules than UCF who can't even come close to going undefeated, regardless of the competition level it surely isn't easy to go undefeated

If I have to explain the difference between UCF undefeated schedule and a one loss SEC or Big Ten schedule is there is no point.

3 minutes ago, georgiagator1 said:

@FootballGuy

But again isn't USF game actually at their home Stadium

UCF wasn't offered that, they were offered their "home game" at camping world stadium which would mean like I've said several times in this thread that they would have to pay a rental fee for the stadium and then the stadium would automatically split the gate with UF

UCF wouldn't get a single home gate in 3 games, USF offer was much better than what UCF got 

44 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

But again isn't USF game actually at their home Stadium

UCF wasn't offered that, they were offered their "home game" at camping world stadium which would mean like I've said several times in this thread that they would have to pay a rental fee for the stadium and then the stadium would automatically split the gate with UF

UCF wouldn't get a single home gate in 3 games, USF offer was much better than what UCF got 

They would make more money than a home game.

1 minute ago, georgiagator1 said:

If I have to explain the difference between UCF undefeated schedule and a one loss SEC or Big Ten schedule is there is no point.

No I get that

I'm just not diminishing how hard  it is to go undefeated

If it was so easy we would see a group of 5 team do it every season but we don't