SEC flashback

Columbiafan

8 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

So you based all that off of bama? Makes sense I guess... 

Of course. U base it off the gold standard. Alabama has been the gold standard of college football and lsu kicked their ass. Alabama had no answer for burrow and company and I knew clemson didn't have what alabama had 

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Of course. U base it off the gold standard. Alabama has been the gold standard of college football and lsu kicked their ass. Alabama had no answer for burrow and company and I knew clemson didn't have what alabama had 

That was a great game. The game wasn't really as close as the score depicted, as Alabama scored that deep TD with a minute less to bring it within a score. But I'm sure the Auburn game this year hurt a little more. 12 men on the field cost you the game. Sounds like another game I know...

Just now, ngdawg said:

That was a great game. The game wasn't really as close as the score depicted, as Alabama scored that deep TD with a minute less to bring it within a score. But I'm sure the Auburn game this year hurt a little more. 12 men on the field cost you the game. Sounds like another game I know...

Yep. Made mistakes. Key guys injured. Oh well part of the game. Can't win every year 

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Yep. Made mistakes. Key guys injured. Oh well part of the game. Can't win every year 

Imagine winning more than once in the last 10 years...can't relate. If that 2012 Ohio State team was bowl eligible, I'm sure they would have had a good shot at winning the national championship. I wouldn't have been surprised if they got handily beat by 2012 Alabama either. I'm making a 128-team decade tournament for college football with @Columbiafan, so we may actually see that matchup happen. 

5 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Imagine winning more than once in the last 10 years...can't relate. If that 2012 Ohio State team was bowl eligible, I'm sure they would have had a good shot at winning the national championship. I wouldn't have been surprised if they got handily beat by 2012 Alabama either. I'm making a 128-team decade tournament for college football with @Columbiafan, so we may actually see that matchup happen. 

I'll take alabama over any team this decade outside that watson led clemson team

Just now, HSFBfan said:

2016 clemson defense was very good and an offense that could keep up

But that mid-to-late season 2019 LSU team was ripping everyone up, regardless of how good their defense was. Both Georgia and Clemson were ranked as great defensive teams, and LSU chewed up both of them and spit them out. Not to mention how they manhandled Oklahoma in the semifinals. That 2016 Clemson team lost to Pitt at home. They had close games against Louisville, Auburn, and Troy. If not for Hunter Renfrow, Clemson are great but not amazing.

Just now, ngdawg said:

But that mid-to-late season 2019 LSU team was ripping everyone up, regardless of how good their defense was. Both Georgia and Clemson were ranked as great defensive teams, and LSU chewed up both of them and spit them out. Not to mention how they manhandled Oklahoma in the semifinals. That 2016 Clemson team lost to Pitt at home. They had close games against Louisville, Auburn, and Troy. If not for Hunter Renfrow, Clemson are great but not amazing.

You have a point

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

I would. It might be blind loyalty but I would 

Homer pick is one thing

Honest, logical pick is another

That 2018 vs 2018 matchup of Clemson vs Alabama would have same result if they played 10 times, nobody that gets blown out the way bama did has any claim to say the result would have ever went in their favor

6 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Homer pick is one thing

Honest, logical pick is another

That 2018 vs 2018 matchup of Clemson vs Alabama would have same result if they played 10 times, nobody that gets blown out the way bama did has any claim to say the result would have ever went in their favor

Very possible im not arguing