SEC flashback

Columbiafan

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

look at how many point they gave up per game compared to the greatest defenses in college football history 

Meh. When we got healthy we were very solid. 

look at how many points under their averages we held all world chokie and clemson to when everybody was right. 

Remember puppy chow this year was an “all time defense” and what did they do against us? Gave up 37 and it would’ve been 50+ if not for Coach Orgeron’s benevolence! 

6 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Meh. When we got healthy we were very solid. 

look at how many points under their averages we held all world chokie and clemson to when everybody was right. 

Remember puppy chow this year was an “all time defense” and what did they do against us? Gave up 37 and it would’ve been 50+ if not for Coach Orgeron’s benevolence! 

I knew clemson had no chance against lsu 

But again that defense doesn't stack up with the best

1 minute ago, Sweetlarry said:

#puppychow

By the way what is your take on the Texas/LSU game if played?  I see Texas having a hard time coming into tiger stadium and winning.  Top tier SEC teams  normally win OOC games.  I see LSU in a 38-24 type game.  Unless they have national title hangover like Bama did in 2010.

3 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Not an all time defense, but pretty fucking good when healthy. I think with Pelini we’d have been better. I loved Aranda but he was a bend don’t break guy. 

Pelini is gonna get after people. 

Just now, HooverOutlaw said:

By the way what is your take on the Texas/LSU game if played?  I see Texas having a hard time coming into tiger stadium and winning.  Top tier SEC teams  normally win OOC games.  I see LSU in a 38-24 type game.  Unless they have national title hangover like Bama did in 2010.

I like our chances. We lost a ton to the nfl, but like last year we have guys not in the radar that will ball this year. 

I’m hearing Brennan looks great so that’s very positive. We can’t expect him to be Jeaux, but I’m not sure we get another one of those in my lifetime. 

1 minute ago, Sweetlarry said:

I like our chances. We lost a ton to the nfl, but like last year we have guys not in the radar that will ball this year. 

I’m hearing Brennan looks great so that’s very positive. We can’t expect him to be Jeaux, but I’m not sure we get another one of those in my lifetime. 

Odds are against it. Burrow is the best passing QB ever in college.  I used to think Danny Wuerffel was the best pure passing QB I have seen until Burrow. 

Alabama fans still think every RB will be as good as Derrick Henry.  Odds are against seeing  guy 240-250 lbs that can move and run like Henry.

21 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I really hope you were saying this BEFORE the game. Even at that, you cannot sit up here and say they had no chance while the game was going on. Bold ass statement. But I do agree with you on LSU not being a great defense. Had some ballers, but collectively? They don't rank up there with the all time greatest defenses. 

7 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Miami defenses were also all time great.  Jimmy Johnson wanted speed over size and they dominated with it. Same thing Bryant did at Alabama. For example putting a safety at lb for speed.

As anRedskins fan, the greatest thing that could’ve happened for us was jerry jones ego forcing Jimmy out. They’d have 10+ SB titles if he was there. Way ahead of his time. 

The worst was when that little prick snyder bought them team. We still haven’t recovered!

2 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

I really hope you were saying this BEFORE the game. Even at that, you cannot sit up here and say they had no chance while the game was going on. Bold ass statement. But I do agree with you on LSU not being a great defense. Had some ballers, but collectively? They don't rank up there with the all time greatest defenses. 

I agree. But clemson has no chance unless Jeaux got hurt. Even then Lawrence still had numb hands and overthrew errrbody. 

4 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

I said it after lsu beat Alabama that clemson would have no shot 

And that the lsu defense would get after lawerence which they did

3 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

As anRedskins fan, the greatest thing that could’ve happened for us was jerry jones ego forcing Jimmy out. They’d have 10+ SB titles if he was there. Way ahead of his time. 

The worst was when that little prick snyder bought them team. We still haven’t recovered!

If Johnson stayed at Miami for 20 years he would have 10 plus national titles.  Outside of Bama great Coaches he is my favorite all time coach.