SEC flashback

Columbiafan

Here is an example of what I would have liked to see for CFP

Thanks to @ngdawg for helping organize the spreadsheets because I'm not good at it

I took top 2 from each P5 conference, top 2 group of 5/Indy team (so in this case Notre Dame as Indy and best group of 5 champ ended up being Memphis and then 4 wild card slots to best remaining teams at large

You can't tell me that ESPN can't market this to death and make millions from it

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ygu96eohG5GVWlLxx9oQYH_krSGUk7FUUGzH9u9LL5o/edit?usp=drivesdk

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

Here is an example of what I would have liked to see for CFP

Thanks to @ngdawg for helping organize the spreadsheets because I'm not good at it

I took top 2 from each P5 conference, top 2 group of 5/Indy team (so in this case Notre Dame as Indy and best group of 5 champ ended up being Memphis and then 4 wild card slots to best remaining teams at large

You can't tell me that ESPN can't market this to death and make millions from it

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ygu96eohG5GVWlLxx9oQYH_krSGUk7FUUGzH9u9LL5o/edit?usp=drivesdk

Also a very viable method. Can't understand why college football can't make this happen.

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

Fans these days would tune in regardless

You say how bad NFL is but yet their ratings still are sky high, being highly viewed don't mean it's a good product, just well marketed to the right base

Look at actual ratings numbers its the SEC and Ohio State .  Highest rated regular season game in 2019 was Ala vs LSU with a 9.4 Georgia vs Notre Dame did a 5.4. not even close.

Notre Dame was the 12th most watched game of 2019 season. 

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

330 PM est 8pm EST 

No matter the time slot 9 of the 10 most watched games from 2019 involved 

Ala

LSU

Georgia 

OHIO St

Even Ala vs Mich in a 2nd level bowl was at 12 noon eastern  time outside of the playoffs the 2nd most watched bowl game.  Notre Dame is a has been and tv ratings show it.