Florida postpones till August 24th.

HooverOutlaw

The FHSAA intially deciding to reject the guidance of its own medical advisory board stands as one of the lowest points for society, in an era of low points. While they slightly corrected course here, it shouldn't be forgotten that they were intially inclined to go against medical guidance to play ball. Shameful and embarrassing.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, badrouter said:

The FHSAA intially deciding to reject the guidance of its own medical advisory board stands as one of the lowest points for society, in an era of low points. While they slightly corrected course here, it shouldn't be forgotten that they were intially inclined to go against medical guidance to play ball. Shameful and embarrassing.

Every state that borders Alabama has delayed in some amount. Alabama has no delay. At some point Alabama will be forced to delay.  The AHSAA is already under fire from Doctors, Coaches and parents.  I think there is influence from private schools to play with no delay.  In most rulings the AHSAA does a good job but in this case they took the easy way out.  I think doctors and medical boards understand covid 19 a lot better than football Coaches( which football coaches make up 90% of the people in the AHSAA that make the rules).  

6 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Every state that borders Alabama has delayed in some amount. Alabama has no delay. At some point Alabama will be forced to delay.  The AHSAA is already under fire from Doctors, Coaches and parents.  I think there is influence from private schools to play with no delay. 

Wish Hoover would reschedule with Lowndes if Alabama pushes back. Doubt it though. I want to see who these teams match up with soon, but there's absolutely no information!!

4 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

I have been Hoover will play in the 2021 Corky Kell hopefully vs Lowndes.

Oh yeah, that'll be fun. Hoover might actually have a shot then haha. Corky Kell matchups are usually decided by December, so the wait to find out shouldn't be too long. Georgia high school football schedules release in the beginning of March usually.

Has anyone else noticed a disturbing trend when SFA is scheduled to play IMG at IMG? Every year they are supposed to travel to IMG it ends up getting cancelled because some terrible shit has gone down in Florida.

'17- Hurricane Irma

'18- Hurricane Michael

'19- game in Baltimore, actually got played

'20- COVID

'21- Unknown (Aliens? Nuclear War?)

I'm not saying it's related, but it's definitely strange. Maybe they need to play at a neutral site every year going forward.

5 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Every state that borders Alabama has delayed in some amount. Alabama has no delay. At some point Alabama will be forced to delay.  The AHSAA is already under fire from Doctors, Coaches and parents.  I think there is influence from private schools to play with no delay.  In most rulings the AHSAA does a good job but in this case they took the easy way out.  I think doctors and medical boards understand covid 19 a lot better than football Coaches( which football coaches make up 90% of the people in the AHSAA that make the rules).  

The fact that they are mostly coaches and educators, but, fail to accept the guidance of the experts in the field simply speaks volumes about them. 

Talked to an educator here the other day that has been virtually sequestered at home for the majority of the past several months, but is returning to school soon to teach in person. I asked if he was worried and he said, and I quote, "Kids aren't transmitting it." 

I said, "Well sir, someone is transmitting it. People say all manner of stuff about it. Asymptomatic people don't spread it. Etc. Etc. Etc... Well by God, somebody, a lot of somebodies are transmitting it." 

I don't see many symptomatic people dragging their pale, feverish, chest hurting, dry cough asses out in public. Asymptomatics are spreading it. Someone is. If not asymptomatics, then who? 

27 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The fact that they are mostly coaches and educators, but, fail to accept the guidance of the experts in the field simply speaks volumes about them. 

Talked to an educator here the other day that has been virtually sequestered at home for the majority of the past several months, but is returning to school soon to teach in person. I asked if he was worried and he said, and I quote, "Kids aren't transmitting it." 

I said, "Well sir, someone is transmitting it. People say all manner of stuff about it. Asymptomatic people don't spread it. Etc. Etc. Etc... Well by God, somebody, a lot of somebodies are transmitting it." 

I don't see many symptomatic people dragging their pale, feverish, chest hurting, dry cough asses out in public. Asymptomatics are spreading it. Someone is. If not asymptomatics, then who? 

In his theory 19 and older are the only ones who can spread it.  He probably claims he has a part time job as a infectious disease doctor. Lol

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, HooverOutlaw said:

In his theory 19 and older are the only ones who can spread it.  He probably claims he has a part time job as a infectious disease doctor. Lol

Basically, people believe whatever they want to believe. Whatever fits their needs and wants for any given day. 

Kind of crazy that he stayed virtually sequestered for all these months to stay safe, but, now, he's telling himself the kids aren't transmitting it because he has to go around the kids. Not sure if he made that up, someone told him, or he read it on the OT section of prepgridiron. xD

Either way, common sense isn't very common apparently. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2