OT: Another Attack in London

thc6795

A Trump tweet at 9:30 attacking the London Mayor.  It is a misrepresentation-the London Mayor, a Muslim, had said there would be no reason for citizens to be alarmed because police would be carrying firearms.  He said this before Trump's first Tweet.  This is Trump's second, even after it had been widely pointed out that he misunderstood the mayor.  

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

Follow

More

Pathetic excuse by London Mayor Sadiq Khan who had to think fast on his "no reason to be alarmed" statement. MSM is working hard to sell it!

13 hours ago, BigDrop said:

Thanks, Concha.  Sincerely appreciate your post.

We have a huge muslim population here in the Silicon Valley and I have yet to see a single burka.  I wonder why that is.  I think a couple years back I saw on the San Francisco.  Maybe.  I guess its just not big around here.

25 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

We have a huge muslim population here in the Silicon Valley and I have yet to see a single burka.  I wonder why that is.  I think a couple years back I saw on the San Francisco.  Maybe.  I guess its just not big around here.

This is my comment about those I have done business with.  It is only in the three areas of Hamburg, Paris and the UK that I accidentally found neighborhoods which must have looked like the countries they came from.  There are different values within a religion or culture.  As I noted earlier the extreme fringe kills and slaughters everyone regardless of religion, age, etc.  

All of the tweeting that Trump is doing right now are hurting us with our allies and the Muslims.  His attack on the Mayor of London only hours after the incident and now his followup this morning are disgraceful.

Also:  Kellyanne Conway's husband has tweeted his frustration with Trump: http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/05/politics/george-conway-travel-ban-tweet/index.html   George Conway was going to take over a senior position in the Justice department and turned it down.  This morning he said that Trump is hurting his cause with the Supreme Court by tweeting about the Ban.

3 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

This is my comment about those I have done business with.  It is only in the three areas of Hamburg, Paris and the UK that I accidentally found neighborhoods which must have looked like the countries they came from.  There are different values within a religion or culture.  As I noted earlier the extreme fringe kills and slaughters everyone regardless of religion, age, etc.  

All of the tweeting that Trump is doing right now are hurting us with our allies and the Muslims.  His attack on the Mayor of London only hours after the incident and now his followup this morning are disgraceful.

Also:  Kellyanne Conway's husband has tweeted his frustration with Trump: http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/05/politics/george-conway-travel-ban-tweet/index.html   George Conway was going to take over a senior position in the Justice department and turned it down.  This morning he said that Trump is hurting his cause with the Supreme Court by tweeting about the Ban.

Yeah I saw the article on her husband going after Trumps tweet.  I was just thinking how would I react if I came across women in Burkas and I think it would trip me out.  I just saw American Sniper (Chris Kyle Navy SEAL) again last night.  First time since the movies.  And I was thinking how I did not see many in Iraq with burkas on either.  Guess its a regional thing maybe.  Such and awesome and sad movie for those who haven't seen it.  Must watch!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

Trump is hurting his case with everyone outside of 38-40% of people in America, not just Muslims, Europeans and possibly the SCOTUS. 

• Like 2

British are having a press conference about the attack:  at least one of the three was a British citizen.

Most of the many attacks in different countries have been from their own citizens-some of whom moved to the country when they were very young.  The real point is that almost all never became part of the country they lived in.  I am sure that for the area that I made a wrong turn into off of the Peripherique in northwest Paris that many of the people living there experienced Paris totally different than most who lived outside of that area.  If they looked at the Eiffel Tower or the Arch de Triumphe they would not have the same perspective as other Parisians.  

I still wonder what reviewing the president's administration has done on the vetting process over the last 5 months or so. 

Any?

Does the ban absolutely have to be in place in order to do any reviewing at all? Or is this now just about butting heads with the judicial branch? 

I'm leanimg toward the butting heads with the judicial branch part personally. 

My expectation is that if someone wants to come here from, say, Syria they are not going to get in.  How would they be vetted?  Unless they had worked with our military.  I believe there is a two year wait for the vetting to be complete from some countries because of various complications.  

1 hour ago, BigDrop said:

A Trump tweet at 9:30 attacking the London Mayor.  It is a misrepresentation-the London Mayor, a Muslim, had said there would be no reason for citizens to be alarmed because police would be carrying firearms.  He said this before Trump's first Tweet.  This is Trump's second, even after it had been widely pointed out that he misunderstood the mayor.  

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

Follow

More

Pathetic excuse by London Mayor Sadiq Khan who had to think fast on his "no reason to be alarmed" statement. MSM is working hard to sell it!

Misrepresentation of what one says is problem in our country as well.  

1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

Compared to Europe, relatively speaking you tend you have more educated, more Westernized and upper class Muslims than what you see flooding into Europe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheRealCAJ said:

King Orange is bringing this country down and splitting it one tweet at a time....

Splitting the country? You mean like "occupy wall street", ferguson, and barrys war on cops? Is that the splitting of the country you are talking about mr racist?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TheRealCAJ said:

King Orange is bringing this country down and splitting it one tweet at a time....

Haha!  Do you think the 50% who voted for Trump were actually happy about the previous 8 years?  I know the leftist media protrayed that life was just one big kumbaya fest and protected him, but Obama divided this country with him forcing his social views on everyone. I've never seen a president divide a county like Obama did in all of my years. I know you're dumb, but c'mon, man!

7 hours ago, NorCalRuss said:

Misrepresentation of what one says is problem in our country as well.  

It is, NorCalRuss, but Trump's comments about the London mayor have been inflammatory in the UK:  there are a lot of people there who are really upset with him and, in time, we'll find how they react to Americans who visit them.  These are our allies.  But Trump going after the London mayor, President Obama, the Indiana born judge, the Wall, etc. really show him to have prejudicial issues which for an elected American president is a reflection on all of us.  Another issue is his misrepresentation of what was said in a time of tragedy:  are we to trust him when America is similarly confronted?

5 hours ago, aZjimbo said:

Splitting the country? You mean like "occupy wall street", ferguson, and barrys war on cops? Is that the splitting of the country you are talking about mr racist?

This is about Trump, not Obama:  Trump.  He is also splitting us from our allies.  Our new "allies" seem to be Russia, Saudi Arabia, the Phillippines and a whole host of others that deny human rights.  

There is also another point here about global warming:  what is Russia's strongest natural resource?  Saudi Arabia?  Oil.  If America led the development of new technologies both Russia and Saudi Arabia would suffer severe financial loss.  

3 hours ago, rockinl said:

I don't even know where to start on this.  The woman asked a legiimate question and Brigitte Gabriel, in front of a conference at the far right Heritage Foundation, gave an interesting answer.  Let me just note this, Brigitte Gabriel claimed:  "In February 2017... said that she provided a "national security briefing" to President Trump.[24] She met with him at the White House in March 2017.[23][25]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brigitte_Gabriel  

Wikipedia has an interesting comment about her education in the link above.  She has come a long way if she is now giving a "national security briefing" to Trump.

Of course maybe he considers her to be the kind of adviser he relates to...

I don't even know where to start on this.  The woman asked a legiimate question and Brigitte Gabriel, in front of a conference at the far right Heritage Foundation, gave an interesting answer.  Let me just note this, Brigitte Gabriel claimed:  "In February 2017... said that she provided a "national security briefing" to President Trump.[24] She met with him at the White House in March 2017.[23][25]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brigitte_Gabriel  

Wikipedia has an interesting comment about her education in the link above.  She has come a long way if she is now giving a "national security briefing" to Trump.

The panel was discussing Benghazi and what should have been done. "Moderate" Muslims wasnt the topic.

She was in the wrong place looking for a sympathetic ear.

She knew exactly what she was doing. It backfired, badly.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Bormio said:

2 unconnected thoughts.  First, there were policeman fighting the attackers with batons.  Yes, brave, but rather ineffective.  Maybe the Brits should rethink that "no guns for police" thing.  Second, now we are getting stories about how one of the attackers was a nice guy - buying ice cream for kids, helping ladies with shopping and recently having a neighborhood BBQ (beef, I assume).  Kind of gives you pause, huh?

What better way to hide among the sheep than to wear sheep's clothing.

Even cutting her estimates of numbers of radical extremist Muslims by half, and then half again, where is the general point of her response wrong?

55 minutes ago, concha said:

Even cutting her estimates of numbers of radical extremist Muslims by half, and then half again, where is the general point of her response wrong?

Concha, I thought that the woman who asked the question was respectful.  I thought the tone of the woman who responded was aggressive and hostile.  But this is part of my attitude towards Trump as I noted above.

I don't mean to digress but I really related to your London story the other night.  I also appreciate your sharing it.