OT: Another Attack in London

thc6795

1 hour ago, concha said:

Nor do I.

But that does not mean I support being consciously blind to the fact that terrorists tend to be Muslim and tend to come from certain places and therefore showing more care with regard to people coming from those places is simple common sense.

Also, foreigners do not have a right to come here, and many on the left act like they do.

One of the great problems in Europe is that they have relatively larger Muslim populations with significant populations who show little to no desire to assimilate.  We here have a bit of a similar problem with Somalis in Minnesota.

I agree with you, concha.  I am not going to defend a religion or culture, only that in my travel I experienced a number of different cultures and found that most accepted me.  There were exceptions including three that I wrote about which were all Muslim "colonies" or communities in Paris, Hamburg and the UK.  The one that I acccidentally walked through ended with a German policeman calling a cab for me and telling me that the area I was in was "dangerous" for an American.  To be honest I was in a Costco in Fairfax, VA (suburban D. C.) a year or so ago and saw a couple of women in burkas.  I had a reaction to them and then later felt embarassed for it.  I believe that if someone moves to another country, another culture that they or at least their children should become part of the culture they have moved to.  Having said this I did business with Muslims overseas who really had become part of the culture of the country they lived in.  Their wives were "western" both socially and in dress.  

The difference between them and what I saw in the three cities above was tremendous.  Having said this the same is true in America.

Still, I don't like burkas

16 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

I agree with you, concha.  I am not going to defend a religion or culture, only that in my travel I experienced a number of different cultures and found that most accepted me.  There were exceptions including three that I wrote about which were all Muslim "colonies" or communities in Paris, Hamburg and the UK.  The one that I acccidentally walked through ended with a German policeman calling a cab for me and telling me that the area I was in was "dangerous" for an American.  To be honest I was in a Costco in Fairfax, VA (suburban D. C.) a year or so ago and saw a couple of women in burkas.  I had a reaction to them and then later felt embarassed for it.  I believe that if someone moves to another country, another culture that they or at least their children should become part of the culture they have moved to.  Having said this I did business with Muslims overseas who really had become part of the culture of the country they lived in.  Their wives were "western" both socially and in dress.  

The difference between them and what I saw in the three cities above was tremendous.  Having said this the same is true in America.

Still, I don't like burkas

Before we separated, my ex and I took a vacation to Europe and spent a night in London on the way back (where I had lived before - I am half English and hold dual nationality) . My ex is South American and actually looks like she could be from India or Pakistan.  We were walking around London and two guys started following us (they were of Pakistani descent if I had to guess). It was very obvious that they were not happy that "one of their own" (by looks anyway) was holding hands with a Westerner. They stuck behind us even after several changes of direction and we could sense that these guys were debating causing trouble. If I wasn't 6'2" and well over 200 pounds, they might have.  Thankfully I was able to guide us to a main drag with lots of people and they disappeared.

The very thought that this was a risk in London itself (not even a Pakistani area) really bothered me.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, concha said:

Before we separated, my ex and I took a vacation to Europe and spent a night in London on the way back (where I had lived before - I am half English and hold dual nationality) . My ex is South American and actually looks like she could be from India or Pakistan.  We were walking around London and two guys started following us (they were of Pakistani descent if I had to guess). It was very obvious that they were not happy that "one of their own" (by looks anyway) was holding hands with a Westerner. They stuck behind us even after several changes of direction and we could sense that these guys were debating causing trouble. If I wasn't 6'2" and well over 200 pounds, they might have.  Thankfully I was able to guide us to a main drag with lots of people and they disappeared.

The very thought that this was a risk in London itself (not even a Pakistani area) really bothered me.

Thanks, Concha.  Sincerely appreciate your post.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Gentlemen, what many of you appear to be wanting, and thus blame liberals for disallowing, is to outlaw a particular religion. The constitution is what disallows it, not liberals. Perhaps while you all have the numbers in congress and a like-minded president, you can go about amending the constitution to disallow all followers of Islam from entering our country and allowing government entities and your neighborhood militias to go door to door seeking out those that practice or study Islam in order to excommunicate them or execute them or whatever. 

I've seen comparisons to the Japanese internment camps as being a solution to the radical terrorist problem, which perhaps it could be, as soon as we cut the religious protections out of the constitution. The difference is obvious to me, but evidently not you all. There is a difference between religion and country of descent and that's not about being politically correct or anything. It's about how to operate inside the framework of the constitution. 

There was a time when Christians sought out the Pagans that practiced herbal remedies and incantations to heal the sick. When a zealous band of people decide that their way is the only way, then real problems are not far behind. 

Honestly, I don't see the humanity in Islam. Women and children are only tools for the leaders and male followers. It is insanity of a tribe. Nothing we say will change the beliefs of those that are submerged into the cult known as Islam. Only time and strength will end the terrorism.

https://www.thelocal.de/20170603/german-rock-festival-evacuated-over-terrorist-threat-police is an article today from Germany's online Local:  https://www.thelocal.de/20170603/german-rock-festival-evacuated-over-terrorist-threat-police  A rock festival known as Rock and Reel was evacuated yesterday because of terrorist threats.  This is the largest rock festival in Germany.  I twas restarted today with 90,000 expected to attend.

By the way, Germany has a large American population and I have found that in some ways it is more "American" than England probably because of our influence over the past 70 years.  This is kind of like the USA Today of Germany and it is all in English.  Well worth a read.

• Like 1

Muslims have been killing themselves since before Christ. The only thing they have in common is their hatred for you and I. This will never change. The sooner people realize this the sooner tougher conversations can be had and decisions can be made. 

If you come to America you need to be vetted if you leave America and go to a country that supports terrorism you need to be held 6 months to a yr until your vetted again. Once your here you abide by American law . PERIOD

2 hours ago, concha said:

A 6-2 200 lb guy posting fake tweets?

Sure, concha...sure.

Don't you really mean 5-5 138 lbs?

8 hours ago, World Citizen said:

That is one of the most stupid statements.  Don't know how anybody thinks like that.  Or dishonest.  

I officially reject that bs. 

And this is the modern democrat party in the year 2017. Has anyone on the looney, liberal left came out and rejected maxine for her continual asinine statements? I haven't heard any.

1 hour ago, aZjimbo said:

And this is the modern democrat party in the year 2017. Has anyone on the looney, liberal left came out and rejected maxine for her continual asinine statements? I haven't heard any.

no, it's one of the left loons in the Democratic party. 

You have a good share of idiot wingnuts, the left has a good compliment of useless extremists too. 

2 unconnected thoughts.  First, there were policeman fighting the attackers with batons.  Yes, brave, but rather ineffective.  Maybe the Brits should rethink that "no guns for police" thing.  Second, now we are getting stories about how one of the attackers was a nice guy - buying ice cream for kids, helping ladies with shopping and recently having a neighborhood BBQ (beef, I assume).  Kind of gives you pause, huh?

4 minutes ago, Bormio said:

... now we are getting stories about how one of the attackers was a nice guy - buying ice cream for kids, helping ladies with shopping and recently having a neighborhood BBQ (beef, I assume).  Kind of gives you pause, huh?

I was thinking the same thing...sounds like NorCal Russ, huh?

2 hours ago, noonereal said:

no, it's one of the left loons in the Democratic party. 

You have a good share of idiot wingnuts, the left has a good compliment of useless extremists too. 

Sorry but maxine represents a very large portion of the democrat party which has become ultra liberal, progressive, anti-American, anti- Constitution, pro immigration and the list goes on and on. 

1 hour ago, thc6795 said:

Another shooting in Orlando FL multiple deaths reported

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-forsyth-shooting-20170605-story.html  Workplace shooting-disgruntled employee who had been fired in April.  Also had the police called on him several years ago for an incident at work.  Not terrorism related-but five dead.

2 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-forsyth-shooting-20170605-story.html  Workplace shooting-disgruntled employee who had been fired in April.  Also had the police called on him several years ago for an incident at work.  Not terrorism related-but five dead.

For the record never claimed this to be tied with terrorism. Just pointing out another horrific deed done by another human being.

• Like 1