Revisiting the rankings 2k6 edition

954gator

6 hours ago, LT4Spartan06 said:

Those guys look massive!!

Pahokee had NFL Lineman/OLB Pernell Mcphee,  CB (RB also) Janoris Jenkins,  CB Dwight Bentley,  WR (michigan) Martavious Odoms,  RB Vincent Smith (MIchigan RB crushed by Clowney lol),     Lot of talent for a small school for sure. 

https://n.rivals.com/news/pahokee-takes-adidas-7-on-7-championship

• Like 1

The 4A Bastrop, La Rams were ranked in several polls in 2006. PrepNation, ESPN and maybe another one.

Bastrop went 44-0 from 2005, 2006 and 2007. They were loaded and not without controversy (for a different day)..I think the 2007 Bastrop Ram sent 19 or so to the next level if my memory is correct.

Some of the players I remember off the tiop of my head.

QB Randall Mackey Ole Miss
WR Rueben Randall LSU
WR Deangelo Benton LSU then Auburn
DT Kentravis Aubrey LSU
DT Josh Downs LSU
DE Dequinta Jones Arkansas
DT LaMarcus Williams Miss State

All those guys were beastly, but 5* WR Rueben Randall was the King beast. Played 6 or 7 years in the NFL. Ok career,

https://247sports.com/Player/Rueben-Randle-23490/high-school-37474/

• Like 1

23 hours ago, 954gator said:

Who you guys like for your #1 this year?   Tough one IMO.

how do you think SLC and Cedar Hill would  have matched up that year?

I know they’re not listed but for Fl I might just take MNW.  Their schedule wasn’t crazy but they were loaded.  (Some argue they were better this year than in 2007 due to Antwain Easterling at RB)

Couldn’t find any tape on 06 MNW though. Easterling’s highlights used to be viewable but I’m struggling to find anything!   Thank gog we will be entering the youtube era soon!

Calpreps has 6 Texas teams in the top 10 so take it with a grain of salt.

But my contenders would be Carroll (their best team of that run), Warren Central and Northwestern. I think Lakeland's 4 wins by 4 points or less disqualifies them from #1. They're top 4-5 for sure though.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, 954gator said:

I remember Mcknight. Everyone wanted that guy.   Didn’t really explode at USC like most thought. 

USC had a fleet of RBs when McKnight was there.......seemed like Joe stayed banged up most of the time and split carries his career there.

McKnight really didn't do much in the NFL either. but he was special on special teams. He was a runner.

Joe taking 2 to the house!

1 minute ago, RedZone said:

USC had a fleet of RBs when McKnight was there.......seemed like Joe stayed banged up most of the time and split carries his career there.

McKnight really didn't do much in the NFL either. but he was special on special teams. He was a runner.

Joe taking 2 to the house!

You have to click "Watch on YouTube" to view both videos.

3 hours ago, 954gator said:

Remember Noel Devine?  "The Devine one".  

Here's a pretty cool true story.   Chris Rainey and Noel Devine met up in a parking lot to race back when they were both in highschool.   

Word on the street was Rainey took him by a hair. 

Hand timed or electric? 😂

• Haha 2

On 7/22/2020 at 8:51 PM, 954gator said:

Lakeland had some epic games in 2006, but IMO wasn’t as strong as the year prior.

2006 STA Lakeland had one of the most epic finishes ever.  Not without controversy of course.  Was he in?!?!?

Lakeland vs St. X was also a great game.

Was Luke Keuchly on that St. X team?

John Brown was exposed this game.  I became a believer in the Pouncey's this game.  Best offensive lineman I've seen at the high school level.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Hey Gator - been meaning to jump in on this one for a bit.  I didin't look at all games posted to this post but here are the 2006 games I have if someone wants to get a copy and put them up on Youtube if not already there.  Only reason I still keep all games on dvd is up at the cabins we have no cable/satellite.

South Lake Carroll TX v Trinity, TX (AAAAA semi final) (46,000+ fans)

South Lake Carroll TX v Austin Westlake TX (AAAAA state final)

Chaminade Prep FL v St Edwards OH

Chaminade Prep FL v Bradenton Manatee FL

Lakeland FL v St Thomas Aquinas FL (AAAAA state final)

Lakeland FL v St Xavier OH (Herbstreit Classic)

Lakeland FL v Mainland, FL (AAAAA semi final)

Pahokee FL v Belle Glade FL (Muck Bowl)

Pahokee FL v Trinity Catholic FL (2B state final)

Plant FL v Nease FL (AAAA state final****)

Pittsburgh Central Catholic v Erie Cathedral Prep

Penn Hills v Upper St Clair      

Bethlehem Liberty v Upper St. Clair (AAAA state final)

Massillon OH v Hamilton AZ (Herbstreit Classic)

Moeller OH v Byrnes SC (Herbstreit Classic)

Elder OH v De La Salle CA (Herbstreit Classic)

De La Salle CA v Mission Viejo CA (wk 5 ****)

De La Salle CA v Canyon CA (CIF state final ****)

Hoover AL v John Curtis LA (#25 v #4)

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sausmann9 said:

Hey Gator - been meaning to jump in on this one for a bit.  I didin't look at all games posted to this post but here are the 2006 games I have if someone wants to get a copy and put them up on Youtube if not already there.  Only reason I still keep all games on dvd is up at the cabins we have no cable/satellite.

South Lake Carroll TX v Trinity, TX (AAAAA semi final) (46,000+ fans)

South Lake Carroll TX v Austin Westlake TX (AAAAA state final)

Chaminade Prep FL v St Edwards OH

Chaminade Prep FL v Bradenton Manatee FL

Lakeland FL v St Thomas Aquinas FL (AAAAA state final)

Lakeland FL v St Xavier OH (Herbstreit Classic)

Lakeland FL v Mainland, FL (AAAAA semi final)

Pahokee FL v Belle Glade FL (Muck Bowl)

Pahokee FL v Trinity Catholic FL (2B state final)

Plant FL v Nease FL (AAAA state final****)

Pittsburgh Central Catholic v Erie Cathedral Prep

Penn Hills v Upper St Clair      

Bethlehem Liberty v Upper St. Clair (AAAA state final)

Massillon OH v Hamilton AZ (Herbstreit Classic)

Moeller OH v Byrnes SC (Herbstreit Classic)

Elder OH v De La Salle CA (Herbstreit Classic)

De La Salle CA v Mission Viejo CA (wk 5 ****)

De La Salle CA v Canyon CA (CIF state final ****)

Hoover AL v John Curtis LA (#25 v #4)

Hey Saussman! I would love a copy of Elder vs DLS and DLS vs Mission Viejo! I was at the game vs Mission Viejo in 05, lol didn't make it into the game haha i guess tail gating before a high school game was a no no!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, LT4Spartan06 said:

Hey Saussman! I would love a copy of Elder vs DLS and DLS vs Mission Viejo! I was at the game vs Mission Viejo in 05, lol didn't make it into the game haha i guess tail gating before a high school game was a no no!

will get those together for you sometime at the start of this week.  I'll have them in the mail by Friday I guess I should say :)

I just watched the halftime talk from Edison to the team and as he turns to Lad, he lips "never before" as if he's never seen DLS in this manner.   Dr Flakoyll has the volume off for most of the halftime speeches but camera rolling.  I guess I can ask, was DLS caught off guard by Canyons QB Longshore who was pretty damn nice on his passes OR did DLS just think this was another public school team that wasnt coming back out on the field after their first offensive possession?  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sausmann9 said:

will get those together for you sometime at the start of this week.  I'll have them in the mail by Friday I guess I should say :)

I just watched the halftime talk from Edison to the team and as he turns to Lad, he lips "never before" as if he's never seen DLS in this manner.   Dr Flakoyll has the volume off for most of the halftime speeches but camera rolling.  I guess I can ask, was DLS caught off guard by Canyons QB Longshore who was pretty damn nice on his passes OR did DLS just think this was another public school team that wasnt coming back out on the field after their first offensive possession?  

2004-2007 were the dark years. There were a few extenuating circumstances that led to this. I think Canyon had a solid RB as well Luigi something? I was at the game and I just kept hearing the same kid's name. Canyon definitely deserved that game!

Should I send you a PM with my address? And do you have Venmo, I would love to send you a tip for the hassle!

17 minutes ago, LT4Spartan06 said:

2004-2007 were the dark years. There were a few extenuating circumstances that led to this. I think Canyon had a solid RB as well Luigi something? I was at the game and I just kept hearing the same kid's name. Canyon definitely deserved that game!

Should I send you a PM with my address? And do you have Venmo, I would love to send you a tip for the hassle!

yes, all game was Nate  Longshore and JJ DiLuiji.  Two really solid players for Canyon.

No need for Venmo or paypal since its no hassle :)   Let me finish the games first then I ll be in touch for contact info.  

• Thanks 1

You guys should check out Greg Reid from Lowndes, I think he played in 2006 and 2007. @Ga96 encouraged me to watch some of his highlights, and I definitely don't regret it. His Lowndes team torched our NG team in the 2007 state championship. Reid played RB, KR, PR, CB, and WR sometimes.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

You guys should check out Greg Reid from Lowndes, I think he played in 2006 and 2007. @Ga96 encouraged me to watch some of his highlights, and I definitely don't regret it. His Lowndes team torched our NG team in the 2007 state championship. Reid played RB, KR, PR, CB, and WR sometimes.

2004-2008 and was Georgia player of the decade.