Infrastructure

FootballGuy

4 hours ago, Camcat88 said:

Camden County just remodeled our weight room. 

The building is very nice, but the trophy case is small and the equipment in the weight room looks cheap. Shoulda sprung for the good stuff! P.S. the videographer is no GaWebDev. 

xD

I joke, I joke!

Very nice facility and equipment. Truly something to be proud of for sure. 

On 6/6/2017 at 5:15 PM, ATLien12x said:

Mceachern football field is a lot bigger and a bit nicer than Buford's in my opinion. End zone seating is an option and they have a better video board. Mceachern also sits their fans close to the field 

I took my son to a camp at Mceachern recently and I was extremely impressed with the facilities.... beautiful stadium. The only downside is the shooting range nearby. The first shots I heard scared the shit out of me ? 

Hey Reb72, how long do you think it will be before y'all have to change your mascot?  With all the backlash against Native American names and Confederate names recently, I'm a little surprised y'all have survived.  I am NOT trying to stir any pot about the South and the Confederacy or about Indian names, I am just genuinely curios if there have been any issues.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fred said:

Hey Reb72, how long do you think it will be before y'all have to change your mascot?  With all the backlash against Native American names and Confederate names recently, I'm a little surprised y'all have survived.  I am NOT trying to stir any pot about the South and the Confederacy or about Indian names, I am just genuinely curios if there have been any issues.

There was that false article a few months ago that accused the kids of being racist for not changing their mascot.... 

I remember the article saying"West Monroe HS where the N-word and Confederate flag are welcome"

Now. Ive taken 3 journalism courses.  And I know for a fact you cant say shit like that without evidence that opens the doors for lawsuits out the ass. 

1. Defamation of Character.-You just basically accused the kids and the school of being racist with no evidence. 

And even then I doubt that the kids or Faculty at West Monroe are out their throwing around racial slurs.  

One thing I cant stand is False accusations especially against kids. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fred said:

Hey Reb72, how long do you think it will be before y'all have to change your mascot?  With all theto work it self outklash against Native Ame rican names and Confederate names recently, I'm a little surprised y'all have survived.  I am NOT trying to stir any pot about the South and the Confederacy or about Indian names, I am just genuinely curios if there have been any issues.

We have had a few issues but for the most part all students black and white are proud to be west monroe rebels and things seem to work themselves out for the good

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Fred said:

doesn't appear they plan on it anytime soon, the new turf is going in now with "Rebels" in the end zones  xD

Seriously, no problems that I'm aware of and going on 55 years with Rebels being the mascot

34 minutes ago, Reb72 said:

doesn't appear they plan on it anytime soon, the new turf is going in now with "Rebels" in the end zones  xD

Seriously, no problems that I'm aware of and going on 55 years with Rebels being the mascot

I am very glad for you.  There seems to be a lot of that going around and it appears so petty.  As I said, I'm not trying to stir anything, was just curious.

• Like 1