With the flurry of commitments, Rutgers now holds the No. 11 2021 class in the country. Rutgers football. Nearly a Top 10 school in recruiting. That ranking, incidentally, puts them ahead of the likes of Georgia (No. 15), LSU (No. 16), Michigan (No. 17)

imaGoodBoyNow

2 hours ago, ngdawg said:

Depends on what you consider success. To me, success for a below average team is making a bowl game at 6-6 or 7-5.

if you look at Schiano's bowl game records, I think he is 4-2 over his six bowl games first time around at RU.  Like TJoe says, Schiano has a better staff and a much better recruiting list than what he had first time around.  But the biggest factor will be the fact that kids know who Schiano is and how good of a team he can put together.  It will be much much easier for him to pull in 3 and 4 star players b/c of this.

• Like 2

Just now, sausmann9 said:

if you look at Schiano's bowl game records, I think he is 4-2 over his six bowl games first time around at RU.  Like TJoe says, Schiano has a better staff and a much better recruiting list than what he had first time around.  But the biggest factor will be the fact that kids know who Schiano is and how good of a team he can put together.  It will be much much easier for him to pull in 3 and 4 star players b/c of this.

See, I don't want people to get the false impression that I hate Rutgers because I'm a Buckeye. One of my favorite players from my school committed to Rutgers a few years ago but transferred to Troy. I just don't feel like Rutgers can compete until they figure out their front office. Their players aren't exactly the best either, so that holds me back from saying that they could be a contender in the future. 

Getting 

16 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

This year, they seem to be doing the second step before the first. Weird.

Getting Schiano and getting Gov Murphy on his side was the first step.  Gov Murphy played big roll by publicly stating much funding is coming to their state university.  With that promise, it basically stepped over the admin asswipes that refused to make football an important aspect of their university.  Now Schiano has governor backing while talking to recruits, he will have a very nice class when he is finished.  

Now what he does with those kids to keep them at Rutgers and from the transfer portal will be the next step.

side note: schiano went 6 -2 in Bowl games while spending 10 seasons at Rutgers.  Remembering too, he inherited a messy shit-storm when he took over in 2001.  Two seasons later, the ship was heading straight and wins were happening.  

35 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

See, I don't want people to get the false impression that I hate Rutgers because I'm a Buckeye. One of my favorite players from my school committed to Rutgers a few years ago but transferred to Troy. I just don't feel like Rutgers can compete until they figure out their front office. Their players aren't exactly the best either, so that holds me back from saying that they could be a contender in the future. 

Oh its perfectly ok to hate Rutgers b/c you are a Buckeye.  We hate you because because you are a Buckeye , lmao. No other offense taken, just that.  lmao.

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, sausmann9 said:

Getting 

Getting Schiano and getting Gov Murphy on his side was the first step.  Gov Murphy played big roll by publicly stating much funding is coming to their state university.  With that promise, it basically stepped over the admin asswipes that refused to make football an important aspect of their university.  Now Schiano has governor backing while talking to recruits, he will have a very nice class when he is finished.  

Now what he does with those kids to keep them at Rutgers and from the transfer portal will be the next step.

side note: schiano went 6 -2 in Bowl games while spending 10 seasons at Rutgers.  Remembering too, he inherited a messy shit-storm when he took over in 2001.  Two seasons later, the ship was heading straight and wins were happening.  

Besides football, what does Rutgers have going for them? And now, I guess they have something to focus on. 6-2 in bowl games isn't too bad, but he's gotta repeat that now in a tougher college football landscape, especially with the way the Big Ten has gotten consistently better.

3 minutes ago, sausmann9 said:

Oh its perfectly ok to hate Rutgers b/c you are a Buckeye.  We hate you because because you are a Buckeye , lmao. No other offense taken, just that.  lmao.

Hey, they hate us because they ain't us! Don't think I'll live to see the day when Rutgers drops more than 21 on Ohio State while allowing less than 49. Let's keep winning out of the picture for the moment.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, ngdawg said:

Besides football, what does Rutgers have going for them? And now, I guess they have something to focus on. 6-2 in bowl games isn't too bad, but he's gotta repeat that now in a tougher college football landscape, especially with the way the Big Ten has gotten consistently better.

Their academics are really good but not much else.  The area where Rutgers is located is not very safe nor is it picturesque in any way.  Getting there is easy until you get there, then you take the wrong turn and you're fucked!  If you are a college age person, Im sure the night life is pretty cool once off campus and into the cities but getting there isn't a hop, skip and jump either.  

Ps. I don't like Rutgers either :)  every season Schiano seemed to snag a recruit or two from PSU that could be a difference maker.  Rutgers fans are still shitty to PSU fans after we convinced Saquon to stay home and go to PSU instead of RU. ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, sausmann9 said:

Their academics are really good but not much else.  The area where Rutgers is located is not very safe nor is it picturesque in any way.  Getting there is easy until you get there, then you take the wrong turn and you're fucked!  If you are a college age person, Im sure the night life is pretty cool once off campus and into the cities but getting there isn't a hop, skip and jump either.  

Ps. I don't like Rutgers either :)  every season Schiano seemed to snag a recruit or two from PSU that could be a difference maker.  Rutgers fans are still shitty to PSU fans after we convinced Saquon to stay home and go to PSU instead of RU. ;) 

You're a Penn State fan? Oh no. Thanks a lot for 2016. But I guess that 39-38 win was revenge.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Ranked #62 best college in America for one. Only Vandy, UF and GA are ranked higher of all the SEC schools. #40yeardecision 

62? I mean, that's ok but not great. SEC really isn't known for good educational schools except Vanderbilt. I'd go Big Ten and Pac-12 for education.

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Not a shabby # either. Totally agree that the B10 and ACC schools are much better academically than the bulk of the SEC. 

It's often tough to find an educationally dominant school that's also athletically great. Stanford is one of those schools, along with Xichigan.

2 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Stanford, NW and Duke are the Top 3. See below. 

https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/rankings/national-universities

Going to bowl games annually constitutes a "good" football program to me. 

Based on that logic, yeah, that makes sense. Smart schools with great athletic programs. Stanford is outstanding. They can dominate educationally and yet had a football program that ranked top 3 in the nation in the past decade.

On 7/25/2020 at 10:57 PM, ngdawg said:

many of their other sports programs have been pretty decent over the years, and are pretty competitive in the B10.  Actually, their men's basketball program this year was a selling point for Schiano...games at the RAC were raucous and sellouts, and they did more than hold their own vs B10 competition.   Stop being a hater, Grasshopper.

• Haha 1

On 7/25/2020 at 10:57 PM, ngdawg said:

Lacrosse basketball lacrosse 

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I was gonna say that, I thought only reason. They chose MSU is because MSU is on a different tier, nope not anymore 

@SJR 04 do you talk to audric? Can u see if that’s a possibility, I’d love to see them play for NJ

He hasn't said anything to me as he's still riding home, but I would say its definitely a possibility. this season has presented him some options. Anything is possible at this point.

• Like 1