With the flurry of commitments, Rutgers now holds the No. 11 2021 class in the country. Rutgers football. Nearly a Top 10 school in recruiting. That ranking, incidentally, puts them ahead of the likes of Georgia (No. 15), LSU (No. 16), Michigan (No. 17)

imaGoodBoyNow

Just now, Mickeybern said:

these are very difficult times in the evaluation process..Gould has barely played varsity competition..I need to see the proof for all the hype. Malone,Estime & Vandermark have all proven they have the goods. They are more seasoned. Although I do think Malone is a reach for Rutgers. The baseball equation makes him more likely to pick a southern school in my opinion.

You really see him playing both? I think that’s just to much on one plate especially If his goal is to play big leagues he’s gotta pick 1 sport in college 

Just now, SJR89 said:

only sticking to what I know....Audric & Geno  hold Auggie in high regard....Ru has a real shot ....probably Audric .....do not know anything about Malone.....if we play....Audric has a real shot at 5 star....

What a shame, all the big time players we got , wasted, there ain’t even a state championship 

6 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

You really see him playing both? I think that’s just to much on one plate especially If his goal is to play big leagues he’s gotta pick 1 sport in college 

i really do and for 1 reason and 1 reason alone..I get the impression he likes baseball a lot more than football. But you are correct, it's a tremendous commitment,

8 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

only sticking to what I know....Audric & Geno  hold Auggie in high regard....Ru has a real shot ....probably Audric .....do not know anything about Malone.....if we play....Audric has a real shot at 5 star....

can't argue that. It does seem that both of them want to stay together and play for the same team

19 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

247 shows Rutgers ranked #28 for 2021 with 22 commitments. Average rating is .8463.

Tell me why this thread exist again??

That NBC (joke) article is going on 5 months old.....Alabama was like #71 in team recruiting then. Alabama is currently #2 now.

I didn't read that silly babble the first time he posted it here.

Dumb as a box of rocks....be honest.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, RedZone said:

That NBC (joke) article is going on 5 months old.....Alabama was like #71 in team recruiting then. Alabama is currently #2 now.

I didn't read that silly babble the first time he posted it here.

Dumb as a box of rocks....be honest.

Remind the Board is it me or is it you that lives in the Dumbest Poorest most incest state

ohhh ya that’s right it’s yous

7AC82B70-2900-4EB2-81DA-6AF5F5EDC03E.jpeg

52 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Remind the Board is it me or is it you that lives in the Dumbest Poorest most incest state

ohhh ya that’s right it’s yous

7AC82B70-2900-4EB2-81DA-6AF5F5EDC03E.jpeg

It's a real shame I have I share this state with trumpers.....and this forum with dumbasses without a clue.

You are a waste of time.

On 7/22/2020 at 12:32 PM, ngdawg said:

Rutgers sucks. That's the end of that.

LMAO, this coming from a 5-star poster that never played the game, never coached in the game, or ever broke down game film.

You say this b/c you hear the adults on here say that.  Some of them are as clueless as you.  

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, sausmann9 said:

LMAO, this coming from a 5-star poster that never played the game, never coached in the game, or ever broke down game film.

You say this b/c you hear the adults on here say that.  Some of them are as clueless as you.  

No, I say this because I watch football. Rutgers gets absolutely hammered on by any team not named Kansas. I had formed the notion that Rutgers was terrible even before this site. Doesn't take a genius to figure out Rutgers can't compete.

6 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

No, I say this because I watch football. Rutgers gets absolutely hammered on by any team not named Kansas. I had formed the notion that Rutgers was terrible even before this site. Doesn't take a genius to figure out Rutgers can't compete.

But neither can you , u have no right to say a football team sucks when you don’t even got the guts to play the sport, I ain’t trying to hear any football critique coming from someone on the marching band

4 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

But neither can you , u have no right to say a football team sucks when you don’t even got the guts to play the sport, I ain’t trying to hear any football critique coming from someone on the marching band

I don't play the sport not because I have no guts, but because I'm not allowed to. There's a difference. Here's a fact: Rutgers is not relevant currently and historically on the national college football stage, besides being the supposed "birthplace". When it comes to actual football, they do not play like a top team in the country.

12 hours ago, ngdawg said:

there you go again; thinking.  so you're 16 now and were 14 or 15 when you formed that validated opinion that Rutgers sucks.  I can only imagine what you think you know about that school, location, or administration to do so.  

and it doesn't take a genius to know Its not Rutgers football players/program that sucks, its the staff that's been in place off and on for  the last 2 decades AS WELL AS an administration that is not sports minded.  . Rutgers mistake again was going into the Big 10.  they would do much better in the ACC or even join the remnants of the Big East.  

what should happen is Rutgers and Notre Dame should switch places.

here some analogies that may help out:

Notre Dame joining the ACC

imagine GA Tech going into the SEC.

imagine USF going into the SEC

imagine App state goinng into SEC

youre a good poster here but I highly doubt you know enough about Rutgers or ever visited the campus to know why they are  not as good in football as they could be.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, sausmann9 said:

there you go again; thinking.  so you're 16 now and were 14 or 15 when you formed that validated opinion that Rutgers sucks.  I can only imagine what you think you know about that school, location, or administration to do so.  

and it doesn't take a genius to know Its not Rutgers football players/program that sucks, its the staff that's been in place off and on for  the last 2 decades AS WELL AS an administration that is not sports minded.  . Rutgers mistake again was going into the Big 10.  they would do much better in the ACC or even join the remnants of the Big East.  

youre a good poster here but I highly doubt you know enough about Rutgers or ever visited the campus to know why they are  not as good in football as they could be.

Thanks. You seem to be very respectful too, which isn't common on here.

I seriously doubt that Rutgers would have had a noticeable difference in the ACC as opposed to the Big Ten. I get that the ACC is basically Clemson, but I don't think Rutgers could hold up against the other ACC teams either. In 2019, one of Rutgers' two wins came against a 1-11 UMass team that was widely considered to be claiming the position of worst college football team in 2019. They have gotten blown out in conference games for years, and against teams that aren't great, such as Maryland and Illinois. The only team I could potentially see Rutgers beating in the ACC is Georgia Tech. I doubt going to the ACC over Big Ten would have changed their fortunes much. I think Rutgers, as a football team, would stand no chance having a winning conference record in any Power 5 conference.

22 minutes ago, sausmann9 said:

Georgia Tech quit the SEC one time I hope they would not take them back.

But I would take them back and kick Missouri out. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Georgia Tech quit the SEC one time I hope they would not take them back.

But I would take them back and kick Missouri out. 

What about Arkansas? Either Missouri or Arkansas could just join the nearby Big 12 conference. Missouri had Kelly Bryant and still managed to do nothing.

51 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

I seriously doubt that Rutgers would have had a noticeable difference in the ACC as opposed to the Big Ten. I get that the ACC is basically Clemson, but I don't think Rutgers could hold up against the other ACC teams either. In 2019, one of Rutgers' two wins came against a 1-11 UMass team that was widely considered to be claiming the position of worst college football team in 2019. They have gotten blown out in conference games for years, and against teams that aren't great, such as Maryland and Illinois. The only team I could potentially see Rutgers beating in the ACC is Georgia Tech. I doubt going to the ACC over Big Ten would have changed their fortunes much. I think Rutgers, as a football team, would stand no chance having a winning conference record in any Power 5 conference.

Rutgers would do much better against teams like GA Tech, FSU of today, Boston College, Syracuse, Pitt, NC state, Wake, Duke and Virgiinia for sure over Big 10 teams.  Remember too Rutgers is not a huge school and definitely not a huge football school, that right there should place them in a similar league which is not the Big 10.  

keep posting tho, you bring good conversation to the board.

and check you inbox.  if you like high school football, check out what I sent you.  I think you'll find a few NG Bulldawg games on there you might be interestsed in watching.  

Games list.doc

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

?? Rutgers is the 4th largest school in the B10! 

20200725_111846.jpg

not sure what those numbers include but I find that really hard to believe..  could that include about 30,000 online students living oversesa???  Not being funny and knowing you're also from the region, you think Rutgers bigger than all those other schools???  wow.  but if look at the male enrollment, they are still the smallest over eight schools.  

6 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Many relatives have attended, as well as a current nephew WR on the football team. Here’s its current profile from US News & World Report, the “gold standard.” It’s def bigger than you thought. Way too big for my liking. 

929F1845-A5C6-41AC-8F5C-35E3BE7DAC16.jpeg

wow, yes indeed bigger than I ever expected.

not that expensive for instate either.  

well I retract my statement of Rutgers not being good due to being a small school.  Now I just blame admin and Gov Murphy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ngdawg said:

Grasshopper, you must learn that, as every mutual fund prospectus says, past results are no guarantee of future performance.  You are indeed correct to say that historically, RU football has been a 5 alarm dumpster fire.  But give Schiano and his staff (which is much better than the one he previously had there) a chance.  Like his first go round at Rutgers, if he's going to turn things around, it'll most likely take at least a few years (although this year's schedule isn't that tough outside of OSU, and he's done a very good job recruiting given his late hiring and the pandemic).  In the meantime, I suggest you watch The Karate Kid and learn from Mr. Miyagi about possibilities.  Keep choppin'.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, taojoe said:

Grasshopper, you must learn that, as every mutual fund prospectus says, past results are no guarantee of future performance.  You are indeed correct to say that historically, RU football has been a 5 alarm dumpster fire.  But give Schiano and his staff (which is much better than the one he previously had there) a chance.  Like his first go round at Rutgers, if he's going to turn things around, it'll most likely take at least a few years (although this year's schedule isn't that tough outside of OSU, and he's done a very good job recruiting given his late hiring and the pandemic).  In the meantime, I suggest you watch The Karate Kid and learn from Mr. Miyagi about possibilities.  Keep choppin'.

There must, however, be a sign in the past of future success. Whether that be playing a complete game against a good or great team, or simply just falling short against a great team, there must be a sign of success to come. Rutgers has shown no such sign. I shall wax on and wax off the board which lists national college football champions in hopes of finding Rutgers.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ngdawg said:

There must, however, be a sign in the past of future success. Whether that be playing a complete game against a good or great team, or simply just falling short against a great team, there must be a sign of success to come. Rutgers has shown no such sign. I shall wax on and wax off the board which lists national college football champions in hopes of finding Rutgers.

Schiano had success during his last tenure at Rutgers.