Saw the Miami Hurricane scored BIG yesterday.

RedZone

LSU currently has no 5* commits......we had 1, LB from Mater Dei, CA....but they bumped him to a 4* for some reason. Crazy.

LSU does lead the nation in 4* commits with 14....good enough for #4 nationally.

LSU will probably end up with 2-3 5* commits when all the smoke clears. Crazy recruiting year truthfully.

6 minutes ago, The Guru said:

If you're getting 5-star commits and you went 6-7 last year then you're getting them because of things that aren't related to winning or good coaching.

None of this will matter because the staff sucks.

You have to be a little more optimistic, man.

If Tennessee or Rutgers just got a commit form the Nation's #1 ATH (5*) there would be 10 threads on it here.....

#rebirth

4 minutes ago, RedZone said:

You have to be a little more optimistic, man.

If Tennessee or Rutgers just got a commit form the Nation's #1 ATH (5*) there would be 10 threads on it here.....

#rebirth

But those programs suck too and it wouldn't matter either.

I'm optimistic about things that I have reason to be optimistic about (ie STA).

When it was bad for us (2011 or 2017) I knew that things would be fine because the administration and staff were solid.

Manny Diaz is completely lost on the stuff that matters (organizing and managing a football team) and good at all the stuff that doesn't matter (flash, etc.)

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, 954gator said:

James Williams is maybe my favorite prospect in this class.  Kids a freak.

Yeah, AHP was suppose to come to NOLA this year and war with 4A Edna Karr...that's not going to happen.

I was going to check that game out. AHP is stacked....Edna Karr has 6-7 big time prospects as well.

Oh well.

1 hour ago, The Guru said:

Having loads of potential is an embarrassment if you're 6-7.

Miami doesn't look like the program of imposing their will on you through intimidation anymore. You can go out recruiting like the old Miami when you lose to UNC, FIU, and barely beat Central Michagan. 

6 hours ago, SubZero said:

Miami doesn't look like the program of imposing their will on you through intimidation anymore. You can go out recruiting like the old Miami when you lose to UNC, FIU, and barely beat Central Michagan. 

Looks like the switch from the Big East to the ACC killed Miami football. Since that change, not much good has happened to them, excluding that one season where they ranked in the top 3 and promptly lost at home.

I was really hoping UGA would land him. If not for the uncertainty of Covid 19, I think he chooses UGA, but Miami was probably able to sell him on the proximity of staying close to home.

It was probably much easier for the bag man to interact in Miami as well.

UGA is missing on all of their biggest targets thus far. Their success is mainly coming from in state.

21 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Tennessee sucks.

It's not even arguable by anybody with a modicum of sense.

Guzzler, you have to look at the big picture. Sure, UT has been mediocre to sub par the last 10-15 years, but historically they are a blue blood top 10 program. I know it’s difficult for you to look at the big picture, being so obtuse and all.  You’ll eventually get there, little buddy. 

1 hour ago, Omaha Vol said:

Guzzler, you have to look at the big picture. Sure, UT has been mediocre to sub par the last 10-15 years, but historically they are a blue blood top 10 program.

No, they haven't.

Two national championships in almost 130 years of football. And one of those two were in a year where they LOST their bowl game.

They haven't won an SEC Championship in 22 years.

Get outta here with Tennessee. One of these rusty, crotchety programs that talks about General Neyland as if that makes them relevant.