2011 Don Bosco Prep vs 2012 Katy

ChimpGrip

2 hours ago, The Guru said:

Practically everything.

Their teams almost never play any defense. Therefore, a lot of their hyped programs are simply spread teams that score a lot of points.

The best team in the state last year won a playoff game 76-49. It was one of the most disgraceful displays I've ever seen. It was as if they were demonstrating what football would look like if nobody touched anybody else and the teams didn't try to tackle each other.

A 28-24 game is always better than a 76-49 game. Gotta have some defense, too, even though I love offense.

3 hours ago, The Guru said:

Go watch that North Shore vs. Atascocita game.

It was abysmal.

Actually, when I looked it at, there were some interceptions and some fumbles, too. Either that's good defensive play or terrible offense. All these turnovers set the teams up with great field position, which they promptly scored on. But yes, lack of defense is still applicable.

8 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Just count how many times they score untouched or how many guys are simply running wide open.

I'm at 9 and we aren't even at halftime. I swear, half of these runs would be stopped if someone just put 1 PLAYER in the deep middle. Stop playing such terrible defense.

9 hours ago, The Guru said:

Practically everything.

Their teams almost never play any defense. Therefore, a lot of their hyped programs are simply spread teams that score a lot of points.

The best team in the state last year won a playoff game 76-49. It was one of the most disgraceful displays I've ever seen. It was as if they were demonstrating what football would look like if nobody touched anybody else and the teams didn't try to tackle each other.

Lol this is funny but  true.  Big difference in the defenses down in the lower southeast compared to anywhere else.  That's the reason I always was partial to Fl, GA, etc. it's like flying to the ball and hard hitting is engrained 

11 hours ago, The Guru said:

The perception that is sold by it's fans.

That’s fair. I can agree with this.

I believe this season alone would’ve been a huge step forward. Some have stated that Texas has been “left behind” with the introduction of private powers and I believe this season would’ve given the state the chance to show the legitimacy of our ability to play our best teams on the grand stage against those major competitors; compete against them and not “hide”.

• Like 1

A couple of things to keep in mind. Katy is a public school participating with kids from their area. Don Bosco, the private school talent might come from anywhere. Its not talent that comes from a five mile radius of the school. 

Put it this way, if Don Bosco were competing with kids within five mile of its campus, they would not be in the discussion to be on the field with Katy. The Talent in Texas excel from kids living within the district of the school. 

And I do understand that New Jersey is a hotbed for high school football. However, not many states can match Texas in that area. Unless they are building mega super teams as Bishop Gorman, Don Bosco, IMG, Mater Dei and St. Francis. And even with the talent spread in Texas, the top schools manage to fair well. There are more than 1400 high schools in Texas that compete in high school football.  Allen, Carthage, Denton, DeSoto, Duncanville, Ennis, Highland Park, Lake Travis, Longview, Lufkin, North Shore, Shadow Creek, Southlake Carroll, Westfield, and Westlake are all public schools competing with kids from its area.