*Trivia*. Since the 2010 draft 32 HS teams have had 5 or more NFL players drafted (OGs the youngins need your help)

954gator

Here's a condensed version separated by state.   There are plenty of teams like say BTW that would have 4, but didn't have the necessary 5 to be on the first list.    One error I found though was Pompano Beach Ely's exclusion from the 2000-2019 list.  They should easily have 5+ for that one.   I'm sure there were other mistakes too. 

NFL draft .jpg

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, 954gator said:

Let's see how many you all can list!     Wait at least a day to look them up cheaters!    

Lakewood Fl  7

That's the only one that surprised me. I knew they had about 3, with the highest pick being Dante Fowler at #3 to the Jags a few years ago. Didn't realize they had anywhere close to 7; of that entire list they were probably the least successful program in their respective state, yet are putting a lot of kids into the NFL anyway.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2020 at 3:43 PM, Cossacks said:

This would be @steeler01 IE’s territory and expertise and is out of my ass! But if I remember correctly old Colorado Buff George Hemingway’s alma mater of Colton high has produced a good number of NFL dudes? 

The first four played on the 2005 team

Allen Bradford

Shareece Wright

Jimmy Smith

Brad Sorensen

Daniel Sorensen(Brother of Brad plays for the Chiefs)

Tyler Ervin

Nat Behre

• Like 2

On 7/22/2020 at 1:56 AM, DownSouth said:

That's the only one that surprised me. I knew they had about 3, with the highest pick being Dante Fowler at #3 to the Jags a few years ago. Didn't realize they had anywhere close to 7; of that entire list they were probably the least successful program in their respective state, yet are putting a lot of kids into the NFL anyway.

Last year they hired Sean Callahan as an assistant coach and they immediately had their best team ever. I don't even think he coached a position. He merely organized their practices and meetings. It made a huge difference.

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/high-schools/2019/09/19/sean-callahan-returns-to-the-football-sidelines-at-lakewood-high/

This exposes a huge misconception. Yes, you need talent to be elite but you don't need it to be successful or to be a winner. The most underrated aspect of coaching among the sycophants on this board is structural organization.