Football is caput....

181pl

6 hours ago, 181pl said:

Florida "plans" to have a fall season too. I just can't see it. 

That's because Florida and Texas were fighting to see who could be the dumbest when it came to the virus. Teachers are gearing up to sue the governor. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

No... 

Pls don't go in the glass house... 

Because we ain't to far behind in the dumbass department...

Speaking of Texas, I just learned that before moving to Atlanta, we were deciding between Dallas and Atlanta. If we would have moved to Dallas, I would have gone to Southlake Carroll. Makes me sad now.

35 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Speaking of Texas, I just learned that before moving to Atlanta, we were deciding between Dallas and Atlanta. If we would have moved to Dallas, I would have gone to Southlake Carroll. Makes me sad now.

Look on the bright side! You may have been 4th string band there, but you’re #1 here lil Buddy! 

😂

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Ga96 said:

That's because Florida and Texas were fighting to see who could be the dumbest when it came to the virus. Teachers are gearing up to sue the governor. 

I used to have faith that we could win that battle and by win I mean *not* be the dumbest.

But even Texas seems within our sights now which is scary given that @Texasball is from there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

No... 

Pls don't go in the glass house... 

Because we ain't to far behind in the dumbass department...

Yes but we can't out due those 2. We can all agree the governors of our state have the IQ of insects.

1 hour ago, Sweetlarry said:

Look on the bright side! You may have been 4th string band there, but you’re #1 here lil Buddy! 

😂

Heck no. I'd be a starter there. In Texas, marching band is considered a sport by the UIL. That respect level is unheard of in our community.

3 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

The sugar ants in my Oreos are smarter than all of em put together... 

Man kemp got on national news and told people not to wear mask while wearing a mask. The dump comes out saying wearing a mask is patriotic. These mfs are wild.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

US education as a whole is probably not where we should be... 

US education is not good either. For the world power that we claim we are, we don't teach our kids like it. And this is coming from a kid asking for it to be harder. That's when you know the situation is bad.

10 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Georgia is ranked 31st for education in the country. That means there are 30 other states that don't suck as much as we do.

31st?!? Really?!?

The state used to be bottom five, a well earned position, as shown by some jawja lifers on this here board. 😂 

3 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

31st?!? Really?!?

The state used to be bottom five, a well earned position, as shown by some jawja lifers on this here board. 😂 

Honestly, the reason for our increase in ranking is because of a few specialty schools. Think of how Jersey is top heavy in football. That's how Georgia is in terms of education.

2 hours ago, ngdawg said:

US education is not good either. For the world power that we claim we are, we don't teach our kids like it. And this is coming from a kid asking for it to be harder. That's when you know the situation is bad.

We do a pretty good job at teaching the ones up that want to learn.

It extends past the classroom, there must also be a learning culture at home, as well. We fail in that department, for sure.

• Like 1

Just now, CCBlackhatter said:

We do a pretty good job at teaching the ones up that want to learn.

It extends past the classroom, there must also be a learning culture at home, as well. We fail in that department, for sure.

Honestly, we still don't provide enough opportunities for those who want to learn more. Take it from me. I have a grand total of 2, yes 2, choices of math classes for senior year of high school. And one of those choices is a freshman level math class. It's not just my school, it's schools across the state. Take Lambert for example. Very good school, and they offer "career pathways", which means that if you want to become an accountant, they have a set of classes for you to take. If you want to be a doctor, there are other specific classes they guide you to. Only a handful of schools across the state have this, and I'd say over 80-85% lack the extra educational opportunities that make other states better. 

A learning culture at home must be there, too. However, school should set that precedent by providing courses that make students question the subject and go home and research at home. At the moment, it's just rote memorization that they hope will get you through life. There are very minimal real-world opportunities for students at select schools here in Georgia.

From a student's perspective, Georgia could do much better to provide a quality education.

9 hours ago, ngdawg said:

Honestly, we still don't provide enough opportunities for those who want to learn more. Take it from me. I have a grand total of 2, yes 2, choices of math classes for senior year of high school. And one of those choices is a freshman level math class. It's not just my school, it's schools across the state. Take Lambert for example. Very good school, and they offer "career pathways", which means that if you want to become an accountant, they have a set of classes for you to take. If you want to be a doctor, there are other specific classes they guide you to. Only a handful of schools across the state have this, and I'd say over 80-85% lack the extra educational opportunities that make other states better. 

A learning culture at home must be there, too. However, school should set that precedent by providing courses that make students question the subject and go home and research at home. At the moment, it's just rote memorization that they hope will get you through life. There are very minimal real-world opportunities for students at select schools here in Georgia.

From a student's perspective, Georgia could do much better to provide a quality education.

I don't disagree about the choices. I was in that same boat. However, it comes down to resources. School systems are already on tight budgets and cannot add classes just because it might benefit one or two students.

I had some excellent teachers that really challenged me while others were simply bullet point memorization teachers. I do agree there could be a change in this aspect. This is one reason why I believe students that took the vocational program and tech school route are often times better prepared in their field of study; they had hands on training and less time memorizing a PowerPoint.

My advice to you would be to find some online courses and self educate yourself. Heck, you can find apps on your phone that will teach you nearly any subject of interest these days.

• Like 1