Georgia state title games on Christmas day?

HooverOutlaw

Glenn White, the GHSA president, asked a parent attending the meeting how she’d feel if her son’s team had a championship game Dec. 25. ‘‘Her response was that, ‘it would be the best Christmas present I ever got,’‘’ White said. ‘‘I think most families would be in the same mindset if they got to do that.‘'

In the real world nobody would attend except close family and if it a cup of snow fell anywhere in metro ATL they would cancel with no back up plan.  Then the stadium the following weekend would not be available and then they move them to high schools Monday night with 8 hours notice for fans.

Here is a picture of incompetence and ineptness in the wild.

SYGEA5JCBVE5ZBWG3SNG42YF6Q.jpg

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

They’re not being played on Christmas 

The next Saturday is New Years Eve you will have the college semi finals that weekend to complete with plus other bowl games.

Plus the peach bowl is that Saturday.  If they don't play Christmas weekend and do it new years they will be having games opposite the peach bowl in downtown Atlanta at Georgia State.  I don't know if I have ever heard of such a group with such shortsightedness and never a back up plan.

14 minutes ago, The Guru said:

HooverOutlaw calling someone incompetent is like Michael Jackson accusing someone of being a child molester.

These people have real responsibilities and they can't satisfy everybody.

You sure do bring up Micheal Jackson a lot.  This is about the 20th time. You are really a sick bastard.

Problem is the GHSA satisfies nobody.

Did you ever find a backbone or any guts?   Only an idiot would back up the GHSA wanting to play on Christmas but you fit the bill perfectly.  

29 minutes ago, The Guru said:

As far as I can tell the GHSA is trying to keep as close to a normal season as possible. I'm certainly not going to trust someone who likely cleans up cow flop from the side of rural Alabama highways more than I do the people at the GHSA.

So playing title games on Christmas is normal?   Even a fool could redo the schedule where the title games are not on Christmas or New Years.  I guess  given a month even a dumb ass like you could figure it out. Christmas day is for family and NBA on tv not driving to a cold stadium in dangerous downtown Atlanta for a high school football game.

15 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

So playing title games on Christmas is normal?   Even a fool could redo the schedule where the title games are not on Christmas or New Years.  I guess  given a month even a dumb ass like you could figure it out. Christmas day is for family and NBA on tv not driving to a cold stadium in dangerous downtown Atlanta for a high school football game.

Let's face it: GHSA sucks. Move on. None of us are happy about it. This dead horse has been beaten over and over to the point where even the bat is begging for mercy.

13 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Glenn White, the GHSA president, asked a parent attending the meeting how she’d feel if her son’s team had a championship game Dec. 25. ‘‘Her response was that, ‘it would be the best Christmas present I ever got,’‘’ White said. ‘‘I think most families would be in the same mindset if they got to do that.‘'

In the real world nobody would attend except close family and if it a cup of snow fell anywhere in metro ATL they would cancel with no back up plan.  Then the stadium the following weekend would not be available and then they move them to high schools Monday night with 8 hours notice for fans.

Here is a picture of incompetence and ineptness in the wild.

SYGEA5JCBVE5ZBWG3SNG42YF6Q.jpg

Well, GHSA is ADA compliant, so that's a positive.

bgw

9 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

There's nothing normal about these circumstances you dipshit.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Fred said:

The best question is why do you care?  The last time I looked, Hoover was in ALABAMA, not Georgia.  How does anything the GHSA do impact you?

We play Lowndes first game of the year clueless. When they moved the games back 2 weeks it killed that game.   Unless the AHSAA move ours back 2 weeks. 

Why do you care that I care. 

18 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

We play Lowndes first game of the year clueless. When they moved the games back 2 weeks it killed that game.

Yeah, you know, unprecedented times.

Sorry that another states' association didn't prioritize a crappy team from Alabama when making their decisions.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Yeah, you know, unprecedented times.

Sorry that another states' association didn't prioritize a crappy team from Alabama when making their decisions.

I understand covid 19 is dangerous and safety is #1. It's just not Hoover several Alabama teams have this issue. Dothan has 3 Georgia teams on its schedule.  Even Grayson plays Paul Bryant. Hopefully we can play in the Corky Kell next season. It is the best kick off classic in the country.   I hope the AHSAA moves back 2 weeks also. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HooverOutlaw said:

I understand covid 19 is dangerous and safety is #1. It's just not Hoover several Alabama teams have this issue. Dothan has 3 Georgia teams on its schedule.  Even Grayson plays Paul Bryant. Hopefully we can play in the Corky Kell next season. It is the best kick off classic in the country.   I hope the AHSAA moves back 2 weeks also. 

Corky Kell has the potential to grow into something great. By including more OOS teams, it could become like a Georgia vs. the World. You could soon see MNW, Dutch Fork, Hoover, and other great national teams show up soon. Sad that it can't happen this year though. Hope Hoover and Lowndes is still on.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2020 at 9:42 AM, HooverOutlaw said:

We play Lowndes first game of the year clueless. When they moved the games back 2 weeks it killed that game.   Unless the AHSAA move ours back 2 weeks. 

Why do you care that I care. 

Hate it for you.  They are doing what they feel is best for Georgia.

Why do  I care?  Because I live here and it grows old with you constantly trashing my state.

9 hours ago, Fred said:

Hate it for you.  They are doing what they feel is best for Georgia.

Why do  I care?  Because I live here and it grows old with you constantly trashing my state.

Not the whole state but the GHSA and a few schools.

I understand what the GHSA is doing is for safety. We are playing Dothan now.

I still say Alabama will end up delaying in some way.   Normaly the AHSAA  does a good job but we will wait and see what happens.  Every state that borders Alabama is on a delay.