Football Pushed Back in Georgia

BUFORDGAWOLVES

2 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Well, we’ll be at the games. 

I reckon, either streaming in spirit or physically present. 

bgw

I hope band happens so I can go to the games. Worst case, I'll still watch the games on NFHS with a March Madness-style layout every Friday night.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rufus69 said:

I gotta be honest...I pray this works out OK...but I got some big reservations and major concerns.

Rufus>>

We could just quarantine the players from August until Christmas at the football complex. They can FaceTime their families or talk to them thru plexiglass windows like they do prison visits. This should protect their family members in the event that a player contracts Covid. The elderly coaches will be designated to the press box and the old referees can wear hazmat suits. Lol

4 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

We could just quarantine the players from August until Christmas at the football complex. They can FaceTime their families or talk to them thru plexiglass windows like they do prison visits. This should protect their family members in the event that a player contracts Covid. The elderly coaches will be designated to the press box and the old referees can wear hazmat suits. Lol

Or we could delay football till the spring.  I wonder which makes more sense.

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

If we want to be safe, just cancel football in the Atlanta metro since that is where the majority of the Covid cases are prevalent. They can play in the spring since the virus will be under control by then. Lol

You got a better chance of putting the Pacific ocean in a beer can than the GHSA doing anything that would would effect Atlanta.   Better chance of a ruling cancelling football south of Macon than no Atlanta football.

2 hours ago, ngdawg said:

I hope band happens so I can go to the games. Worst case, I'll still watch the games on NFHS with a March Madness-style layout every Friday night.

You can move the big screen to the porch facing the yard, invite all the other flutists over and yall can march in the yard while blowing your instruments and even play while the opponent has the ball and not get penalized. 

Marching madness in your yard. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

You can move the big screen to the porch facing the yard, invite all the other flutists over and yall can march in the yard while blowing your instruments and even play while the opponent has the ball and not get penalized. 

Marching madness in your yard. 

Good idea. But we have paranoid Karens up here that won't let their kids step out of the house. If band gets cancelled, I'll probably ask Stewart if I can do statistics or spotting. I need to watch live football. It's been so long.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

Rufus>>

This virus is only going to get worse. Moving to spring will only lead to the seasons' cancellations. To me, you either play it now or cancel the season. No need for the false sense of security.

13 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Rufus>>

We lost another one of the good guys to COVID-19 yesterday. 

Screenshot_20200721-072305_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e8037ce52ef68d1e115350ac0cf692b3.jpg

TOM'S OBITUARY

Walter Thomas “Tom” Sumner, 74, of Moultrie passed away on Monday, July 20, 2020, at Colquitt Regional Medical Center. 

A private family graveside service will be held at 2:00 PM on Wednesday, July 22, 2020, at Westview Cemetery with Tom’s cousin, Reverend Franklin Vinson, officiating.  Social distancing guidelines will be followed with all attendees wearing masks.  In addition, Bob Montgomery will speak on behalf of the 1963 Moultrie Packer Championship

Born January 5, 1946, in Moultrie, Georgia, Tom was the son of the late John Nelson Summer and the late Lorene Boyd Sumner Weeks.  He was a member of Mount Olive Baptist Church.  Mr. Sumner was the owner and operator of Sumner Properties.  He was a lifelong supporter of football, having been a loyal member of the 1963 Moultrie Packer Championship Team. He attended the University of Tennessee on a football scholarship until the passing of his father in 1965.  He finished his education in the field of psychology at Valdosta State University.  Tom loved his family, and his ministry was helping others.  He truly believed in living one day at a time. 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

We lost another one of the good guys to COVID-19 yesterday. 

Screenshot_20200721-072305_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e8037ce52ef68d1e115350ac0cf692b3.jpg

TOM'S OBITUARY

Walter Thomas “Tom” Sumner, 74, of Moultrie passed away on Monday, July 20, 2020, at Colquitt Regional Medical Center. 

A private family graveside service will be held at 2:00 PM on Wednesday, July 22, 2020, at Westview Cemetery with Tom’s cousin, Reverend Franklin Vinson, officiating.  Social distancing guidelines will be followed with all attendees wearing masks.  In addition, Bob Montgomery will speak on behalf of the 1963 Moultrie Packer Championship

Born January 5, 1946, in Moultrie, Georgia, Tom was the son of the late John Nelson Summer and the late Lorene Boyd Sumner Weeks.  He was a member of Mount Olive Baptist Church.  Mr. Sumner was the owner and operator of Sumner Properties.  He was a lifelong supporter of football, having been a loyal member of the 1963 Moultrie Packer Championship Team. He attended the University of Tennessee on a football scholarship until the passing of his father in 1965.  He finished his education in the field of psychology at Valdosta State University.  Tom loved his family, and his ministry was helping others.  He truly believed in living one day at a time. 

Hawg...I had not heard that Tom had passed.   He will be missed in the community.   First we lose Bobby...now we lose Tom.   The 1963 Packers are falling.  Lime Sink flags will fly at half-mast.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Hawg...I had not heard that Tom had passed.   He will be missed in the community.   First we lose Bobby...now we lose Tom.   The 1963 Packers are falling.  Lime Sink flags will fly at half-mast.

Rufus>>

Tom had been in the hospital battling the virus like it was an old Valdosta Wildcat for a few weeks now. He finally succumbed. 

• Sad 1

Just now, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

You ain't alone...

I feel like our states trying to go like normal regardless of the pandemic and it's... It's not working...

It's better to play now. This virus is only going to get worse. To be safe, limit fans at games and socially distance. Force people to wear a mask to games.

• Haha 1