OT: President Trump, the U. S. & The Next Chapter

BigDrop

I've overreacted to several topics on this board and each time regretted my response.  A lesson for myself to have a bit of patience and to also try to understand the emotion and intention of the post which was the trigger.  Over the past year (well before the board started) I became obsessed with Trump:  a superb presentation artist who, I believe, said what was necessary to win the crowd he lit the flame under.  The American flag became everpresent while he played passionately to the military and law enforcement.  He went after certain "kinds" of crowds in certain "kinds" of geographic areas with comments that played to many local concerns, even fears.  Jobs, health (and the ability to qualify and to be able to pay for it), the border (which could merely be immigrants who looked or dressed different ((a burka in Costco attracts attention)) while parts of some cities looked and sounded like the country that the immigrants had moved from, God (Brooklyn has a much greater variety of beliefs than Lynchburg but for many Lynchburg is familiar and "safe") and the continuing spin that America has lost a lot over the years and desperately needs him to guide the return, to Make America Great Again.  Wealthy, successful, independent and strong it will take somebody like him to speak up for the God fearing, hard working American who has had to fight for everything they have and are now threatened by change, much that is not understood.

Trump  they believe can be trusted to direct them, to lead them.  It is to be expected that many are going to fight the change that he and now his followers know is necessary and must be patiently, perhaps sometimes contentiously fought for.

I believe this is the foundation of what he has presented.  He also expresses it simply without shades of gray.  

Then there are those who may disagree with him:  they are painted as Democrats, Liberals and about everyone else who disagrees with him including most of the judiciary, the press, the intelligence services, lifetime politicians (from all parties, cities and countries) and on and on.  Did I mention our traditional allies, most of whom date to 1945?

It is fascinating to watch this play out on the many posts and topics on this board.  There is a hard core group of passionate Trump supporters who are unflinching and mutually self supporing. They expect the reactions that Trump receives.  

Almost everything concerning Russia and Putin is discounted or overlooked or of little interest-but also expected from the "liberal press."  The "liberal press" that is painted as unAmerican.

Here is the point of this post:  I am fascinated by the continuing support and TRUST that Trump receives.  Over time it is fascinating, absorbing to watch this play out in the many comments and thoughts that those on the board present and share.  I also think there are a lot of good people on here who come from many different backgrounds, from many parts of the U. S.-several having spent a great deal of time travelling and/or living elsewhere on earth.

As this evolves I respectfully look forward to the thoughts and reactions of all.  I think we're going to have a long ride ahead that will be absorbing to watch and to share.

I believe that some of us, over time, may find ourselves a bit less rigid, a bit more open to another perspective.

Thanks to all for reading this far.

1 hour ago, BigDrop said:

everything concerning Russia and Putin is discounted

Yes, he made the right commie lovers. Not in name like they had accused the left but in deed.

Any American who does not want answers to this is not a "real Americas" in my eyes. (and I don't care how much land the US government gave their ancestors) 

I believe that some of us, over time, may find ourselves a bit less rigid, a bit more open to another perspective.

With all respect and I sincerely mean that, LMAO. 

The American flag became everpresent while he played passionately to the military and law enforcement.

Because they have guns. 

His template is ultra obvious. The Mass Psychology of Fascism by Wilhelm Reich is an important read today.

Glad you are back, I need adjust my totals of libs run off the board.

You go back in the still posting category. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

Yes, he made the right commie lovers. Not in name like they had accused the left but in deed.

Any American who does not want answers to this is not a "real Americas" in my eyes. (and I don't care how much land the US government gave their ancestors) 

With all respect and I sincerely mean that, LMAO. 

Because they have guns. 

His template is ultra obvious. The Mass Psychology of Fascism by Wilhelm Reich is an important read today.

Glad you are back, I need adjust my totals of libs run off the board.

You go back in the still posting category. 

Apprciated.  I need to genuinely try to understand what Trump has promised and why many people believe  he will actually deliver on this.

Just now, BigDrop said:

There are a good group on here.  Some, perhaps misguided, but nevertheless respected and appreciated.  Of course some would say at least that I am misguided....

You, my friend are in a small group of very highly respected posters, by me at least. 

horse and devil have not returned

Very uncool . 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

Apprciated.  I need to genuinely try to understand what Trump has promised and why many people believe  he will actually deliver on this.

He is delivering. I can live with it even though I disagree with many things. 

It's his immaturity, his alternate facts, his overtly divisive domestic campaign that I consider troubling.

Troubling to the point of being dangerous. 

I was thrilled to hear a politician finally say Trump is a ‘Narcissistic Maniac.’

It's clear he is a full blown narcissist and I think this should be a disorder that should prohibit one from being president. 

Why no one takes this as seriously as it should be, IMHO, is the simple lack of understanding of the significance of the disorder. 

We prohibit gun ownership for serious physiological disorders, but not nuclear weaponry?  

I don't trust Trump one bit in a personal or world crisis. 

• Like 1