AHSAA Executive Director Steve Saverse elected NFHS Executive Director

HooverOutlaw

16 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Another honor proving how well run the AHSAA is run.   Don't agree with everything he does he is pro private school.  One reason given was the well planned championships in all sports. Having backup plans for all championships.  Something the idiots at the GHSA have no clue about.

GHSA has it all planned out. In case championships get cancelled, they'll...hold up. Seems to me I can't find anything. Oh and in case we have to play a region schedule, they'll definitely balance out larger regions by...nope nevermind, can't find anything either. As you can see, the GHSA is overly prepared.

2 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

You don't cancel games with teams already at the Benz because of a light snow and clear streets.

Pictures of Alabama playing in the same snow storm. 

23872188-large.jpg

-bb5335f0fb3e1a24.JPG

It's called leadership.

They didn't cancel the game because of the football itself: they cancelled it because of transportation safety. Not many schools were located close to Atlanta, so travel would have been unsafe. Other than that, I cannot give a definitive reason.

11 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

They didn't cancel the game because of the football itself: they cancelled it because of transportation safety. Not many schools were located close to Atlanta, so travel would have been unsafe. Other than that, I cannot give a definitive reason.

The bottom school UMS is 4 hours away in mobile. You had some teams already at the Benz and cancelled. The advantage of playing indoors is escape from the weather the GHSA had that advantage and still cancelled.  ALABAMA  played outdoors.

5 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

The bottom school UMS is 4 hours away in mobile. You had some teams already at the Benz and cancelled. The advantage of playing indoors is escape from the weather the GHSA had that advantage and still cancelled.  ALABAMA  played outdoors.

Honestly, I don't know. But I'd rather stay safe than sorry. That goes with this year's football season too.