HawgGoneIt...The $64,000 Question

Rufus69

I have not received any information about season tickets. I've been checking the mail for a letter letting us know when to purchase them.

I'm guessing they have not figured it out yet. If fans are allowed, they should use the home and visitor stands for season ticket holders, but have them purchased weekly like we do during the playoff games. General admission should be sold in limited numbers if space allows or season tickets go unclaimed that week. Only parents of the visiting teams should be allowed entrance and be designated to the north end zone. 

3 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I have not received any information about season tickets. I've been checking the mail for a letter letting us know when to purchase them.

I'm guessing they have not figured it out yet. If fans are allowed, they should use the home and visitor stands for season ticket holders, but have them purchased weekly like we do during the playoff games. General admission should be sold in limited numbers if space allows or season tickets go unclaimed that week. Only parents of the visiting teams should be allowed entrance and be designated to the north end zone. 

Season tickets? Man their ain’t no season being played 

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — Florida shattered the national record Sunday for the largest single-day increase in positive coronavirus cases in any state since the beginning of the pandemic, adding more than 15,000 cases as its daily average death toll continued to also rise.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Season tickets? Man their ain’t no season being played 

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — Florida shattered the national record Sunday for the largest single-day increase in positive coronavirus cases in any state since the beginning of the pandemic, adding more than 15,000 cases as its daily average death toll continued to also rise.

It is hard to see how a season can be played in Florida with these numbers so close to school being opened and the season kickoff. With 15k a day, I can see whole schools, let alone teams, coming down with the virus and having to shut down. My wife works in the Orange County school system. So, this hits very close to home. 

4 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Amigo...tell me how Season Tickets are gonna work in Mack Tharpe this year.

Nobody seems to know...so I decided to go directly to the top...(Smile).

Rufus>>

Man, I know you know this, but, I'm waaay down the scrotum pole on internal stuff like that. Definitely not even close to being friends with the AD, assistant AD or superintendent. Hell, I said hello to Tick one night before a game at the gate and he just stared at me like "How dare you speak to me you s.o.b." also sat near a huge fan that heckled Doug for the entire 4th quarter at the Parkview game last season. Got ugly looks from him and his son as well.  xD

I really have no idea how they intend on doing fans. I assume a lot of stuff. Probably all stuff they're kicking around and it leaks out. Things like parents only and NFHS stream, and of course Cruisin 94 radio coverage. 

What about the seafood extravaganza? Etc. 

Right now, I think we will be lucky to get a season at all.. 

If I had a preference, let's say the decision is region play only... let all of the season ticket holders come in, but, space them around the entire stadium home and away sides, with only parents and staff allowed from the visiting teams. Then let them fight about who sits in which seats among themselves. I figure you could easily win your seats in a fist fight with most any of the other ticket holders. 😁

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Man, I know you know this, but, I'm waaay down the scrotum pole on internal stuff like that. Definitely not even close to being friends with the AD, assistant AD or superintendent. Hell, I said hello to Tick one night before a game at the gate and he just stared at me like "How dare you speak to me you s.o.b." also sat near a huge fan that heckled Doug for the entire 4th quarter at the Parkview game last season. Got ugly looks from him and his son as well.  xD

I really have no idea how they intend on doing fans. I assume a lot of stuff. Probably all stuff they're kicking around and it leaks out. Things like parents only and NFHS stream, and of course Cruisin 94 radio coverage. 

What about the seafood extravaganza? Etc. 

Right now, I think we will be lucky to get a season at all.. 

If I had a preference, let's say the decision is region play only... let all of the season ticket holders come in, but, space them around the entire stadium home and away sides, with only parents and staff allowed from the visiting teams. Then let them fight about who sits in which seats among themselves. I figure you could easily win your seats in a fist fight with most any of the other ticket holders. 😁

I have a pretty good friendship with the Superintendent and the AD.   I've known Doug for a longtime and I know Tick from the old Pony League days.  I'm not sure anybody knows what to do about season ticket holders.  I've heard that each player will get 10 tickets to distribute to family and friends and social distancing will be observed.    I've heard that it will simply be first come/first serve and all seats will be sold as general admission...and social distancing will be observed.  I want to hold on to my (2) season tickets.  I think I have earned that right.   But I live on Amelia Island (200 miles away) so I'm not sure I'm in the front of anybody's line.

That's a good question about the Seafood Extravaganza.  I hadn't even thought about that.  2020 has just about been a total clusterfuck.  And it ain't over by no means.  For full disclosure...I don't get in as many fist fights as I used to.  I can afford to farm those out...these days....(Smile).

Rufus>>

• Like 1