I know many don't think there will be a season

Ga96

1 minute ago, Ga96 said:

He has some things he needs to fix immediately in the program and himself. Idk if you seen what happened in the news and on Facebook this past week but its a hot mess.

It hasn't even been a few months yet, and we're back to controversy. Nice "ethics" committee. Just kidding, hope things better!

6 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Yappi showing unsecured site. 

Not sure about that, and I’m no tech so there’s that. 

bgw

Ive had that problem as we and on the previous device I used their was errors and glitches but folks on here wanted to laugh when I was saying this site has bugs and just not overseen as much as others.

2 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

It hasn't even been a few months yet, and we're back to controversy. Nice "ethics" committee. Just kidding, hope things better!

Wouldn't be propst without controversy. After what I seen from parents who kids got sick im done with valdosta still support the kids but they need a change in leadership from top to bottom. There is a reason Lowndes and Valdosta have a huge academics gap and it isn't the kids.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, eaglesinsider said:

I was in Italy when they went on lockdown and then came back to the states for our "lockdown" that wasn't really a lockdown. In Italy you had to fill out a paper every time you left your home saying where you were going and why. They closed all businesses except for groceries and pharmacies. You were not allowed to leave your home for exercise or really anything other than shopping. If you were in a multiple person household the same person had to leave every time. All inter-regional (in Italy regions = US states) travel was shut down. The army was deployed to check papers and make sure you had a valid reason for being out. If you thought you had COVID you called a number and they sent a crew in full hazmat gear right to your door to test you which they could do because of universal health care. Most importantly, the same policies were in place throughout the entire nation.

If we had done 6-8 weeks of true European-style lockdown nationwide starting in March I think we'd be looking at HS/college football starting on time this fall and would have pro sports back right now. International travel within the EU has restarted and people are flocking to the Mediterranean beaches with no problems so far. Japan and Taiwan have limited fans back in the stands for baseball right now.

For better and worse, Americans aren't Europeans. The same bold, reckless, pioneering, questioning spirit that won 2 World Wars, invented electricity, radio, film, TV, flight and put a man on the moon is biting us in the ass hard right now. The fact that we're as starkly divided as we've been in the last 150 years only serves to exacerbate things. If the army was deployed to enforce a lockdown half the country would scream about Trump using it as cover to become a military dictator and the other half would yell about it being a deep state coup. There would be lots of questions about states rights. I could see some states fighting a federal lockdown mandate just because of politics. 

That's what happens when you have majority of politicians using their positions in the government to make financial gains. Ill stop it right there don't want to go deep into that on this post.

I was in Italy when they went on lockdown and then came back to the states for our "lockdown" that wasn't really a lockdown. In Italy you had to fill out a paper every time you left your home saying where you were going and why. They closed all businesses except for groceries and pharmacies. You were not allowed to leave your home for exercise or really anything other than shopping. If you were in a multiple person household the same person had to leave every time. All inter-regional (in Italy regions = US states) travel was shut down. The army was deployed to check papers and make sure you had a valid reason for being out. If you thought you had COVID you called a number and they sent a crew in full hazmat gear right to your door to test you which they could do because of universal health care. Most importantly, the same policies were in place throughout the entire nation.

If we had done 6-8 weeks of true European-style lockdown nationwide starting in March I think we'd be looking at HS/college football starting on time this fall and would have pro sports back right now. International travel within the EU has restarted and people are flocking to the Mediterranean beaches with no problems so far. Japan and Taiwan have limited fans back in the stands for baseball right now.

For better and worse, Americans aren't Europeans. The same bold, reckless, pioneering, questioning spirit that won 2 World Wars, invented electricity, radio, film, TV, flight and put a man on the moon is biting us in the ass hard right now. The fact that we're as starkly divided as we've been in the last 150 years only serves to exacerbate things. If the army was deployed to enforce a lockdown half the country would scream about Trump using it as cover to become a military dictator and the other half would yell about it being a deep state coup. There would be lots of questions about states rights. I could see some states fighting a federal lockdown mandate just because of politics. 

That's what happens when you have majority of politicians using their positions in the government to make financial gains. Ill stop it right there don't want to go deep into that on this post.

4 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

Wouldn't be propst without controversy. After what I seen from parents who kids got sick im done with valdosta still support the kids but they need a change in leadership from top to bottom. There is a reason Lowndes and Valdosta have a huge academics gap and it isn't the kids.

I mean, I tried to sympathize with those who praised Propst, but this is about it. He was given another chance, and promptly blew it. Even if he didn't know it, he should have made it clear that no person with COVID should even be remotely close to campus.

• Like 1

I meant to tag that to hawg but it kinda fit your message as well.

1 minute ago, Ga96 said:

Im in the high risk category so I won't be going to any games regardless. Maybe a 9th grade or jv game because there will be plenty of room the but that's it.

Hopefully they broadcast games online more often. At this point, I'd be willing to watch Wyoming high school football.

7 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

I mean, I tried to sympathize with those who praised Propst, but this is about it. He was given another chance, and promptly blew it. Even if he didn't know it, he should have made it clear that no person with COVID should even be remotely close to campus.

Same i understand the cats position they wanted the best winner for the kids but rush is old school and a trump supporter so that probably played a factor in his decision he probably didn't see a problem with the virus like most republicans. Hell some of them still don't think it exist.

1 minute ago, Ga96 said:

Same i understand the cats position they wanted the best winner for the kids but rush is old school and a trump supporter so that probably played a factor in his decision he probably didn't see a problem with the virus like most republicans. Hell some of them still don't think it exist.

Yeah, Valdosta wants to return to being majorly relevant. But the way to do that is not through poor hirings and not following regulations. Rush has to stop blowing it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Yeah, Valdosta wants to return to being majorly relevant. But the way to do that is not through poor hirings and not following regulations. Rush has to stop blowing it.

I think good for him and them this is his last coaching stop and he won't be coaching for long. I think he said 7 years

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ga96 said:

He has some things he needs to fix immediately in the program and himself. Idk if you seen what happened in the news and on Facebook this past week but its a hot mess.

The only thing I heard about was the two young JV coaches and a JV player popping hot for COVID-19 so they've quarantined them and suspended the underclass workouts. 

I don't pay attention to Facebook so I don't know what other stuff may be going on. 

I did gather from our conversation yesterday that he isn't thinking the virus will hurt the kids. I asked him how they were intending on handling the virus if a kid pops hot again, like during the season... He said quarantine for 14 days. I asked him then about shutting down facilities and contact tracing and all, to which he kind of just shook his head. 

I mentioned how others are doing things and he likened it to strep throat. So, I do think he isn't taking it as serious as others may be as far as that goes. He said it isn't killing kids, and I said they could get it and take it to high risk family members. He nodded. I'm sure it isn't the first time he's had that discussion with someone judging by how the convo went.

I think it's all still kind of fluid as far as what types of decisions will be being made. 

Anyway, it was still good to talk with him for a few minutes and all. Definitely did not dig seeing him wearing the V on all of his gear. Representing. 

Everyone is still on differing levels of thought about seriousness and worry about the pandemic. With even the leadership of the country split over it all, I can't fault folks for being on different views about it. I think you have to blame the leadership for what all of us small fries are doing as it pertains to all of this. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ga96 said:

I think good for him and them this is his last coaching stop and he won't be coaching for long. I think he said 7 years

I think he's being extremely optimistic with the 7 years.

I don't think we'll have high school football that long......

Rufus>>

10 hours ago, ngdawg said:

Hopefully they broadcast games online more often. At this point, I'd be willing to watch Wyoming high school football.

At least in MD the NFHS has been distributing their livestream optimized pixeldot cameras to schools for free in case they're able to play without fans in the stands.

I imagine they think they'll be able to recoup the cost outlay of the cameras if watching NFHS Network is the only way to watch HSFB in some states.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I did gather from our conversation yesterday that he isn't thinking the virus will hurt the kids. I asked him how they were intending on handling the virus if a kid pops hot again, like during the season... He said quarantine for 14 days. I asked him then about shutting down facilities and contact tracing and all, to which he kind of just shook his head. 

I mentioned how others are doing things and he likened it to strep throat. So, I do think he isn't taking it as serious as others may be as far as that goes. He said it isn't killing kids, and I said they could get it and take it to high risk family members. He nodded. I'm sure it isn't the first time he's had that discussion with someone judging by how the convo went.

I think it's all still kind of fluid as far as what types of decisions will be being made. 

Anyway, it was still good to talk with him for a few minutes and all. Definitely did not dig seeing him wearing the V on all of his gear. Representing. 

Everyone is still on differing levels of thought about seriousness and worry about the pandemic. With even the leadership of the country split over it all, I can't fault folks for being on different views about it. I think you have to blame the leadership for what all of us small fries are doing as it pertains to all of this. 

True I just wish the country had the decency to say " hey even if I don't like it I will still wear a mask for others and to get everything back to flowing" but of course that didn't happen.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

I think he's being extremely optimistic with the 7 years.

I don't think we'll have high school football that long......

Rufus>>

I think they will hire Crawford next. Or the guy they were looking at out of Florida. Has moultrie ever had a black HC? I ask because people tried to call valdosta racist for wanting what would be the first black coach in school history. I don't think many south Ga schools have ever had a black HC. I just couldn't see how wanting 1 for a change was seen as racist. 

I know you remember when cats coaches got fired for just losing to Lowndes. Rod did it multiple times and also losing other games on top of that and they tried to turn it into a race thing. I know he won a championship but that year was terrible for Georgia that valdosta teams was not that good and had the luck of remaining down right after the reclassification if I remember correctly.

56 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

True I just wish the country had the decency to say " hey even if I don't like it I will still wear a mask for others and to get everything back to flowing" but of course that didn't happen.

I've been wearing a face shield and a mask before I got the shield then but it gets frustrating that I have to continue wearing it just for some selfish pricks in this country can do whatever the fuck they want and drag it out longer, everything that I was able to do before has been locked down because of this virus but yet the fuck-ups in this country would rather bitch about even the most simple of precautions and drag the virus out

As mentioned earlier other countries took more proactive fixes and I would have lived with those if that would have gotten rid of it quicker but the people in this country don't give a damn and this is the result, a second group of seniors are gonna get screwed over because of selfish pricks in this selfish country with moron leaders 

• Like 1