In case anyone is missing it, guess what? Colquitt would have beat Chandler last year had they played.

noonereal

1 hour ago, Pops said:

That's absurd

But I give up for the day trying to explain math and statistics and logic to you

if you were as big of a NorCal homer as you are for GA, you'd be posting epistles about SBG results varying from CP and that all NorCal teams are really +10 

you just WANT something and then try to justify it which is Taboo #1 on any statistical exercise

Pops, Id like to go through the process with you, breaking it down along the way so you can follow... try this out first, let me know if you understand this part 1st and Ill continue after you read this bit...

There is only 1 way to gauge how states are scaled relative to each other.

And thats through OOS games.

Teams within a state, are mostly all connected, even if its through an opponent that played an opponent that played an opponent. Now that far down the line, 1 wouldnt have much bearing on the other... but since so many instate teams are connected that way, it kinda does. A state, is 1 big web of connectivity because of this. Obviously, the teams within a class or region in a state,  like 7A in Ga... are even more connected to each other.  That means the classes in GA... 1A, 2A, 3A, etc, etc... the teams in each of those classes are not as connected to other classes as they are to their own class. Meaning rankings within a single Class, are going to be more accurate than rankings of the entire state with all 7 classes put together.

Are you still with me? Just acknowledge and Ill continue.

53 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Pops, Id like to go through the process with you, breaking it down along the way so you can follow... try this out first, let me know if you understand this part 1st and Ill continue after you read this bit...

There is only 1 way to gauge how states are scaled relative to each other.

And thats through OOS games.

Teams within a state, are mostly all connected, even if its through an opponent that played an opponent that played an opponent. Now that far down the line, 1 wouldnt have much bearing on the other... but since so many instate teams are connected that way, it kinda does. A state, is 1 big web of connectivity because of this. Obviously, the teams within a class or region in a state,  like 7A in Ga... are even more connected to each other.  That means the classes in GA... 1A, 2A, 3A, etc, etc... the teams in each of those classes are not as connected to other classes as they are to their own class. Meaning rankings within a single Class, are going to be more accurate than rankings of the entire state with all 7 classes put together.

Are you still with me? Just acknowledge and Ill continue.

Before you go on, do you acknowledge that GA played over 100 OOS games last year (I think Aarar corrected you to say something like 125) so with opponents and opponent's opponents, etc, GA's 480 ought to be fairly well connected beyond state lines (i.e. There's way more data there than you brought to your analysis that concluded GA ought to have had 5 top 25 teams last year)?

2 hours ago, Pops said:

Before you go on, do you acknowledge that GA played over 100 OOS games last year (I think Aarar corrected you to say something like 125) so with opponents and opponent's opponents, etc, GA's 480 ought to be fairly well connected beyond state lines (i.e. There's way more data there than you brought to your analysis that concluded GA ought to have had 5 top 25 teams last year)?

No.

I do not agree.

I told you this already, that # is counting the GISA also. The GHSA and the GISA do not play. They may as well be 2 COMPLETELY different states that never play so they have absolutely 0 effect on each other... SO the OOS games the GISA play do not count toward the GHSA. Thats why I only did the GHSA

The GHSA btw, is 1A-7A. The teams we talk about on here.

Where as the GISA are the tiny independent Christian/Religious/Random schools in GA that play other independent Christian/Religious/Randon schools.

What counts is the # of OOS games the GHSA played. Which was 60ish. All I did was the GHSA, so my data is all about just the GHSA teams (which again, the GISA has NO effect on)

Theres about 421 in the GHSA... the other 59 are GISA teams... 421 teams in the GHSA played roughly 62-64 OOS games vs 9 different states... Thats roughly 7 OOS games per state... no that would not leave Georgia connected enough for its teams to begin to scale to those other states teams.

Now... can I continue where I left off with my last post?

7 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

No.

I do not agree.

I told you this already, that # is counting the GISA also. The GHSA and the GISA do not play. They may as well be 2 COMPLETELY different states that never play so they have absolutely 0 effect on each other... SO the OOS games the GISA play do not count toward the GHSA. Thats why I only did the GHSA

Where as the GISA are the tiny independent Christian/Religious/Random schools in GA that play other independent Christian/Religious/Randon schools.

What counts is the # of OOS games the GHSA played. Which was 60ish. All I did was the GHSA, so my data is all about just the GHSA teams (which again, the GISA has NO effect on)

you are an idiot

3 minutes ago, noonereal said:

you are an idiot

Where am I wrong?

You wont say. Because absolutely no where am I wrong.

If the GISA and the GHSA do not play a single, solitary game against each other... 1 does not affect the other in ANY way. So when the GISA plays an OOS game, you cant count that as 1 for both associations. They may as well be 2 different states that never play an OOS game against each other.

The GHSA played about 60 OOS games... those are the ONLY ones that affect them. And when I say the GHSA, I mean the teams we talk about here, 1A-7A.

YOU sir, are the idiot. Because if you dont understand that, you commenting on this subject is pointless.

3 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Where am I wrong?

You wont say. Because absolutely no where am I wrong.

If the GISA and the GHSA do not play a single, solitary game against each other... 1 does not affect the other in ANY way. So when the GISA plays an OOS game, you cant count that as 1 for both associations. They may as well be 2 different states that never play an OOS game against each other.

The GHSA played about 60 OOS games... those are the ONLY ones that affect them. And when I say the GHSA, I mean the teams we talk about here, 1A-7A.

YOU sir, are the idiot. Because if you dont understand that, you commenting on this subject is pointless.

Read it again moron. Tell me where Im wrong.

1 minute ago, noonereal said:

Oh, Opie, oh Opie.

Exactly. Its like a 3rd grader interrupting Einstein telling him hes wrong about the Theory of Relativity. 

Just keep your mouth closed.

Just because Ned put the GISA teams in the same columns as the GHSA schools. Doesnt mean they affect each other. He do so because they all reside in the same of Georgia. 

Theres also a link for 6/8man Georgia teams... do those connect to GHSA schools too? Lol.

2 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Exactly. Its like a 3rd grader interrupting Einstein telling him hes wrong about the Theory of Relativity. 

Just keep your mouth closed.

Just because Ned put the GISA teams in the same columns as the GHSA schools. Doesnt mean they affect each other. He do so because they all reside in the same of Georgia. 

Theres also a link for 6/8man Georgia teams... do those connect to GHSA schools too? Lol.

Kid, you just don't get it. 

670cc05ab81eb6777f752862a92b111a.png

just shut up

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

No.

I do not agree.

Theres about 421 in the GHSA... the other 59 are GISA teams... 421 teams in the GHSA played roughly 62-64 OOS games vs 9 different states... Thats roughly 7 OOS games per state... no that would not leave Georgia connected enough for its teams to begin to scale to those other states teams.

1). 60 is enough games (it's apparently the # you used to conclude GA was undervalued so I don't understand how it can be good enough for you to make that conclusion but insufficient to link GA to other states) -- there's no reason to start dividing by state 

2). Are you saying there are 60 schools in GA that do not play a single game vs the other 420?  Because even in states that hate privates (i.e. Tx), they play other teams in the state.  That would be peculiar and news to me.  Those 60 schools played over half of GA's OOS games?

1 hour ago, Pops said:

1). 60 is enough games (it's apparently the # you used to conclude GA was undervalued so I don't understand how it can be good enough for you to make that conclusion but insufficient to link GA to other states) -- there's no reason to start dividing by state 

2). Are you saying there are 60 schools in GA that do not play a single game vs the other 420?  Because even in states that hate privates (i.e. Tx), they play other teams in the state.  That would be peculiar and news to me.  Those 60 schools played over half of GA's OOS games?

1.)I believe ECHS has been compiling data over a few seasons now, so there are more than 60 or so games that could be looked at.

2.)To my knowlege (as of 2014), the GHSA member schools are unable to compete against GISA member schools in sports that use a power rating system. This means no crossover games in football, baseball, softball, or basketball can be scheduled at the varsity or JV level.

A lot of things are news to you concerning football outside of California.

Ok guys... continue on.

6 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

1.)I believe ECHS has been compiling data over a few seasons now, so there are more than 60 or so games that could be looked at.

2.)To my knowlege (as of 2014), the GHSA member schools are unable to compete against GISA member schools in sports that use a power rating system. This means no crossover games in football, baseball, softball, or basketball can be scheduled at the varsity or JV level.

A lot of things are news to you concerning football outside of California.

Ok guys... continue on.

There is a power rating used for Ga playoffs?

2 minutes ago, 954gator said:

There is a power rating used for Ga playoffs?

The small GHSA (1A) schools use a power rating system.

Also, the final playoff seed in 7A is determined by power ratings. Region 1 only gets 3 teams in the playoffs since Lee Co. and Valdosta are no longer in our classification.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pops said:

But 60 ISNT enough games... do you not understand whats happening?  

It isnt 60 game to ALL states... its 60 games vs 9 states, but not all 60 are connected to all 9 (and if theres only 9, The GHSA didnt play 41 other states)

The GHSA played 3 OOS games vs Tennessee... lets look at 1...

Peachtree Ridge beat McCallie 20-9...  11 of Peachtree Ridges 12 games are Bolded... (without taking into account their 2 playoff games counting slightly more) meaning  their game vs McCallie essentially only accounted for   1/11th of PTRs final rating...or 9.1% roughly...

So 9.1%(actually a little less) of 1 of the 421 (0.24%)GHSA teams rating was affected by this game. That is nothing. 

Considering how many games took place between those 421 teams... thousands... and you are saying that 3 games Georgia played vs Tennessee scaled GA to TN? Ridiculous. Just those 3 teams that played TN had their ratings affected just minorly. 

This is exactly why, I show you the Average Rating of all the GHSA teams combined at the beginning of the year, and at the end, so you can see it barely changes ALL season... and that is because the only real way for it to change is OOS games. There has to be a team, go outside of the GHSA circle, and either bring points back into the GHSA circle by winning vs an OOS team, or lose them by losing to an OOS team.  And 1 games does essentially nothing but slightly change 1 team...

Heres how many games the GHSA played vs each state.

19 games vs Alabama

1 vs Arizona

3 vs Colorado

16 vs Florida

6 vs North Carolina

1 vs New Jersey

1 vs New York

11 vs South Carolina

3 vs Tennessee

So the actual # is 61 total... but the TOTAL isnt what is really important... its how many games vs how many states...

Im going to stop here to give you a chance to catch up.