The I-20 Corridor of Texas 8 Teams still in Playoffs

DevilDog

Fellow Texans pretty amazing with the amount of talent in the I-20 corridor and they are showing it this year in football.   There are surely some state champs among this bunch.

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/high-school/high-schools/2016/12/01/20-corridor-dallas-tarrant-counties-delivered-football-powerhouses

DeSoto and Cedar Hill, with campuses only six miles apart, will battle Saturday for a spot in the 6A Division II state semifinals. They're members of District 7-6A, the only UIL district with three playoff teams still alive. The third 7-6A team is Duncanville, which is about eight miles from Cedar Hill and DeSoto and in 6A Division I.

To the east of those schools is Lancaster (5A Division II), and to the west are Mansfield Legacy (5A Division I) and Kennedale (4A Division I). This week's TAPPS state finals will include Bishop Dunne, which is in south Dallas, and Arlington Grace Prep.

The eight I-20 corridor teams still in the playoffs:

Team (rec.) Bracket Next game
Cedar Hill (11-2) 6A Div. II Saturday vs. DeSoto
DeSoto (13-0) 6A Div. II Saturday vs. Cedar Hill
Duncanville (11-2) 6A Div. I Saturday vs. Allen (13-0)
Lancaster (12-1) 5A Div. II Friday vs. Mesquite Poteet (10-3)
Mans. Legacy (11-2) 5A Div. I Friday vs. Highland Park (11-2)
Kennedale (10-3) 4A Div. I Friday vs. Van (12-1)
Bishop Dunne (8-5) TAPPS I Saturday vs. Bishop Lynch (8-5)
Arl. Grace Prep (9-4) TAPPS IV Friday vs. Shiner St. Paul (10-3)

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

dont forget SOC, another school along the corridor, was barely ousted in the 3rd round last week:D

South DFW Football reigns supreme

True about SOC, they surprised a lot of people.

on another topic, one of the desoto fans on the other site stated you all had over 400 kids out this year, fielding 5 teams.  That's very impressive.  Desoto is doing something right over there for that level of participation.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

That was my point:

DeSoto and Chill play each other so 1 is gone...The other is Duncanville...Just don't see them beating Allen...

Most likely 3...I see Highland Park winning also...

Hey, don't overlook duncanville.  This is exactly the type of odds samples likes, being overlooked.  I expect allen to win but samples will have his team ready.

• Like 1

On Thursday, December 01, 2016 at 0:57 PM, DevilDog said:

Fellow Texans pretty amazing with the amount of talent in the I-20 corridor and they are showing it this year in football.   There are surely some state champs among this bunch.

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/high-school/high-schools/2016/12/01/20-corridor-dallas-tarrant-counties-delivered-football-powerhouses

DeSoto and Cedar Hill, with campuses only six miles apart, will battle Saturday for a spot in the 6A Division II state semifinals. They're members of District 7-6A, the only UIL district with three playoff teams still alive. The third 7-6A team is Duncanville, which is about eight miles from Cedar Hill and DeSoto and in 6A Division I.

To the east of those schools is Lancaster (5A Division II), and to the west are Mansfield Legacy (5A Division I) and Kennedale (4A Division I). This week's TAPPS state finals will include Bishop Dunne, which is in south Dallas, and Arlington Grace Prep.

The eight I-20 corridor teams still in the playoffs:

Team (rec.) Bracket Next game
Cedar Hill (11-2) 6A Div. II Saturday vs. DeSoto
DeSoto (13-0) 6A Div. II Saturday vs. Cedar Hill
Duncanville (11-2) 6A Div. I Saturday vs. Allen (13-0)
Lancaster (12-1) 5A Div. II Friday vs. Mesquite Poteet (10-3)
Mans. Legacy (11-2) 5A Div. I Friday vs. Highland Park (11-2)
Kennedale (10-3) 4A Div. I Friday vs. Van (12-1)
Bishop Dunne (8-5) TAPPS I Saturday vs. Bishop Lynch (8-5)
Arl. Grace Prep (9-4) TAPPS IV Friday vs. Shiner St. Paul (10-3)

I see what you are saying about that I-20 Corridor. 

Duncanville-loss

Lancaster-loss

Mansfield Legacy-loss

Grace Prep-loss

Desoto/Cedar Hill?

Bishop Dunne?