Ivy League Fall sports decision Wednesday

SJR89

2 hours ago, SJR89 said:

why would you transfer from an Ivy league school ?  those would be some bad parents to let your son or daughter transfer bc of sports while your at an ivy league. school......for seniors last spring in lacrosse etc.....they were granted an extra year if needed for this spring....but hell no

Ask Seth Towns. He transferred from Harvard to Ohio State for basketball. For some people, athletics will shape their career, not education. 

Just now, ngdawg said:

Ask Seth Towns. He transferred from Harvard to Ohio State for basketball. For some people, athletics will shape their career, not education. 

absolutely. Kids want their athletic abilities to shine 

What about the 5 star basketball player who chose Howard over ucla 

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

absolutely. Kids want their athletic abilities to shine 

What about the 5 star basketball player who chose Howard over ucla 

That player is very unselfish. Maker is trying to bring pride back to HBCUs, and I applaud him for it. He is potentially sacrificing his career to bring attention to HBCU colleges and bring them back to relevance. I am proud of him, and he is a good role model for others to follow.

• Like 2

Just now, ngdawg said:

But based on what we saw from the cancelation of March Madness, I don't think the NCAA is afraid to cancel again.

This is why the sec wants to break away from the ncaa. You have to open the country and let people play their games. This is bigger than any individual. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

This is why the sec wants to break away from the ncaa. You have to open the country and let people play their games. This is bigger than any individual. 

I am not too thrilled out the SEC breaking away. This reminds me of the South seceding prior to the Civil War. I don't think that anything ends well if the SEC decides to break away. It seems good at the moment, but I will bet that it will end poorly, just like the Civil War. We don't need this extra drama and nonsense right now, especially with the coronavirus situation.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SJR89 said:

well your Alabama along with other idiot south football schools ...getting players infected on purpose probably has not helped along with the fact..the entire south did not shut down......I think we have HS football in New Jersey if there is no substantial spike...if there is our Gov can just cancel it all.....right now...If you lived in Texas or Florida or other southern states ....your Football season is in serious jeopardy right now.... 

He’s not Alabama, he’s a Jersey wannabe redneck. 
Please continue  with the “Southern” bias, I find it interesting. 
bgw

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

I am not too thrilled out the SEC breaking away. This reminds me of the South seceding prior to the Civil War. I don't think that anything ends well if the SEC decides to break away. It seems good at the moment, but I will bet that it will end poorly, just like the Civil War. We don't need this extra drama and nonsense right now, especially with the coronavirus situation.

The civil war was different

The south had 1/3 the amount of people who could fight than the north as blacks were not allowed to fight for the south until 1865

The north also had more resources 

Also after the EP Spain and France would not help the south as they didnt support slavery 

10 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Sports brings in billions

So no sports lose billions. Lose international students lose more money 

End result.....doors are closed 

Good luck 

Colleges and Universities existed for hundreds of years before athletics.

They would exist for hundreds more without it, nitwit.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Of course it will.

But here's the rub.

Those rednecks are too dumb for their own good.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

He’s not Alabama, he’s a Jersey wannabe redneck. 
Please continue  with the “Southern” bias, I find it interesting. 
bgw

yes that part is true....is not a reverse carpet bagger.....would gladly trade him for someone.....southern bias...maybe a little bc of whats going...midwest as well.....I guess a little fatigued like everyone else up after locking down for 11 weeks in New Jersey  and basically the south never shut down ...the spikes in C19 effect everyone including the overall economy......

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

The civil war was different

The south had 1/3 the amount of people who could fight than the north as blacks were not allowed to fight for the south until 1865

The north also had more resources 

Also after the EP Spain and France would not help the south as they didnt support slavery 

Well, it's not exact, but breaking away could prove harmful to college sports. I believe it's best to stay unified for the moment. In three or four years, we can reevaluate.